• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 SF: Chiefs v Brumbies

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I feel sorry for him in some respects. Talk about put him under extra pressure after last week.

Brumbies will need to take him out of the game as they appeared to be on the wrong side of the 50/50 decision ledger last week.
Really? Did you see the breakdowns during the game? They will be in raptures if he refs them the same, as Chiefs rely on quick ball so much!

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
SAFEGUARD GLOBAL ACT BRUMBIES SEMI FINAL TEAM

1. James Slipper, Queanbeyan Whites
2. Lachlan Lonergan, Tuggeranong Vikings
3. Sefo Kautai, Canberra Royals
4. Nick Frost, Queanbeyan Whites
5. Cadeyrn Neville, Uni-Norths Owls
6. Tom Hooper, Tuggeranong Vikings
7. Pete Samu, Gungahlin Eagles
8. Rob Valetini, Western District Lions
9. Nic White (C), Tuggeranong Vikings
10. Jack Debreczeni, Uni-Norths Owls
11. Ollie Sapsford, Uni-Norths Owls
12. Tamati Tua, Queanbeyan Whites
13. Len Ikitau, Tuggeranong Vikings *
14. Andy Muirhead, Canberra Royals
15. Tom Wright, Western District Lions

REPLACEMENTS

16. Connal McInerney, Canberra Royals *
17. Blake Schoupp, Gungahlin Eagles
18. Rhys Van Nek, Uni-Norths Owls
19. Darcy Swain, Tuggeranong Vikings
20. Luke Reimer, Western Districts Lions
21. Ryan Lonergan, Tuggeranong Vikings *
22. Noah Lolesio, Tuggeranong Vikings
23. Corey Toole, Gungahlin Eagles

Denoted 50th ACT Brumbies cap
Stocked to see Jack D starting. He’s good for 40 mins and if not performing after 40 then pull Noah from the bench.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tuggeranong
baboong10_zps4bqyivy0.gif

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some confusion with the team announcement…

Tom Hooper is apparently playing at 7:

Larkham also took the chance to dispel some confusion around their lone change to their starting side, with Tom Hooper coming into the starting side.

Hooper was initially listed in the six jersey by the club but will play as the openside to complete the backrow of Pete Samu and Rob Valetini.

“He should be listed at seven. At least that’s how I sent it in…well if he’s listed at six, leave him at six," Larkham joked.

“He’s got a few skills that he’s been working on this week that he’s not normally required to execute this week

“We’ve got good confidence that he’ll execute those and then have the impact in and around the contact zone.”

BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Tom Hooper, Pete Samu, Nic White (c), Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Darcy Swain, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hasn't he come on as a player. With all due respect I was somewhat amazed when I saw that the Brumbies had signed him, as he had never looked the part of a super class player, but he genuinely is guiding them around the field bloody well at moment.
Makes you wish he didn't go the Rebels when he was a kid. The tar pit of playmakers for his generation.

Some confusion with the team announcement…

Tom Hooper is apparently playing at 7:

BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Tom Hooper, Pete Samu, Nic White (c), Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Darcy Swain, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole
Good I guess they clear it up but doesn't make a difference. Brumbies are putting out a team to get aggressive which is what they need to do. Looking forward to this game a lot now. I'm hoping the Reds did the Brumbies a bit of a solid in their effort against the Chiefs. I know the Brumbies really had to work to get through the Hurricanes.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Really? Did you see the breakdowns during the game? They will be in raptures if he refs them the same, as Chiefs rely on quick ball so much!
I saw the breakdowns in the quarter - Berry declared prison rules early on and both sides benefited at different times. It evened out over the course of the game and dare I say resulted in a more open/less stop-start game. Brums attack (every attack?) also pretty reliant on generating quick ball so I'm sure the Chiefs will be planning on going pretty hard this week (both at the breakdown and at stopping Valetini, who is generally responsible for generating said quick ball).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I saw the breakdowns in the quarter - Berry declared prison rules early on and both sides benefited at different times. It evened out over the course of the game and dare I say resulted in a more open/less stop-start game. Brums attack (every attack?) also pretty reliant on generating quick ball so I'm sure the Chiefs will be planning on going pretty hard this week (both at the breakdown and at stopping Valetini, who is generally responsible for generating said quick ball).
Mate I have no probs at all with how Berry reffed it, just was in reply to another poster worrying about Berry from Brumbies point of view. He has his way of reffing and don't see him not awarding a try (corectly in my opinion) not going to play on his mind

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Mate I have no probs at all with how Berry reffed it, just was in reply to another poster worrying about Berry from Brumbies point of view. He has his way of reffing and don't see him not awarding a try (corectly in my opinion) not going to play on his mind
My comment was from the Brumbies point of view and was in relation to things like the "the prison rules" breakdown and being accepting that its a free for all and not being caught on the wrong side of / or waiting for the occasional whistle from Berry.

Some felt the Brumbies didn’t get the rub of the green last week. It appears that once teams start engaging with Berry as Nic White was, the less reward you seem to get (just a personal observation). So if they take him out of the game and work with the free for all it should help them, rather than feeling they are not being rewarded and get frustrated etc.

The try call has nothing to do with my original comment BTW. More that the guy has come under a lot of personal critique in the past, so after a game where his performance is being heavily discussed again (as per your prison rules breakdown comment and other parts of the game), it would be only human nature for him to be feeling a little under pressure and scrutiny and (unconsciously) change his approach.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
My comment was from the Brumbies point of view and was in relation to things like the "the prison rules" breakdown and being accepting that its a free for all and not being caught on the wrong side of / or waiting for the occasional whistle from Berry.

Some felt the Brumbies didn’t get the rub of the green last week. It appears that once teams start engaging with Berry as Nic White was, the less reward you seem to get (just a personal observation). So if they take him out of the game and work with the free for all it should help them, rather than feeling they are not being rewarded and get frustrated etc.

The try call has nothing to do with my original comment BTW. More that the guy has come under a lot of personal critique in the past, so after a game where his performance is being heavily discussed again (as per your prison rules breakdown comment and other parts of the game), it would be only human nature for him to be feeling a little under pressure and scrutiny and (unconsciously) change his approach.
Ok mate understand that, and maybe not best for him to get same team 2 weeks in row?