• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024 General Chat

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This is good, though I suspect with the earlier publication of teams, we'll see some more bracketing of players, or "TBC", either due to injuries or coaches wanting to obfuscate.
NRL has found easy solutions to this issue.

NRL teams are named Wednesday with 4 extra-reserves, then culled to 2 extra-reserves 24hrs out, and then finalised on the day. The teams really only change this if there are injury concerns/issues.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
AFL do the same with extended benches named for Sunday games on the Thursday with the final squad 24 hours later

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It'll be good for us Fantasy Draft players.
Sorry Woody I missed your earlier post. Here are the details of the league if you or anyone else here would like to join in. There are 5 spots left at current, after the weekend we are going to DCT's Redditt mates to fill the last ones.

OK I've set up the league. I've gone the 15 players option with Fox scoring. Draft date is currently Thu 22/2 19:00 AEST. All these can be changed. There are 10 spots available, if we cant fill them from the forum we can go wider, friends, family etc.

I'm not sure where this link will land you http://fantasyrugbydraft.com/dashboard but you need to set up an account if not already done and subscribe to the Super Rugby comp for 12.95 NZ pesos. There is an option for a higher subscription level if you want better stats. Follow the steps through to join a private league:

League name: GAGR2024
Password: GAGR2024

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
NRL has found easy solutions to this issue.

NRL teams are named Wednesday with 4 extra-reserves, then culled to 2 extra-reserves 24hrs out, and then finalised on the day. The teams really only change this if there are injury concerns/issues.
The AFL has done that for 20 plus years

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tried setting up a pole but it would only allow me nine options which is kinda unfair for all the Loss Bleus supporters out there :)
fxlE.gif

Final will be Loss Bleus vs Drua. The ultimate jailbreak matchup

Chiefs looked completely clueless preseason in Japan. And that was with most of their 1st choice backs. Still, if Josh Lord clicks, who knows. Sidenote; that Ah Kuoi clown at lock has to be the most cringe player in all of Super Rugby. Let me guess, he's on Tik Tok.

Guessing Ruben Love will usurp Perofuture in the AB's picture this season. Flapanara to cockblock Roigards progress

Oddly enough the Rebels squad looks very promising.

Cantabs in a relegation battle with the stupid Bumbreeze.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I said earlier I can see Chiefs and Blues being there or thereabouts on finals day, I see a like to like about Blues though they I suspect would not want to rely overly on Perofeta, though he could come right. The best Naki No 10 is playing for the Chiefs, and their big plus is pretty good depth through 10-15, and a pretty handy pack. Still think the Crusaders may struggle with player losses and with Jordan seemingly gone for year, they may have to fill in too many spots. Of course my mighty Canes will knock over one or 2 of those teams a few times, but I still worry about our locks and 10. Clan I reckon I will enjoy , a whole lot of youngsters from the area , will be good to see how they progress.
As I also said haven't studied the Aus teams as yet, but still think Reds, Brumbies won't be weak in anyway, and Rebels look to have recruited well, how the team handles the axe hanging over them may have an infuence.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And to be noted, my first rugby news of the year was delivered this morning, Mrs Dan bought it in at 7am on way home from gym, I said well world is coming right, first rugby news and Super kicking off this week.
She asked is it this week it satrts? I severely reprimanded her for living under a rock and not being aware!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah nah. Rogiard may have a second year syndrome (hopefully not) but it won't have anything to do with Perenara.
hope so.

you reckon Flappers will be content to take on a mentor role? I'd think his hyper competitiveness will want his starting Canes jersey back followed by a return to the AB's.

Roigard seems like one of the very few potential difference makers for AB's at test level. FFS if "Ian Foster" (already forgetting his name sorry) had realised the impact the kid could have he mightve won the RWC ffs. Instead he went with "Finlay Christie". History's answer to the never asked question that was Brendan Leonard.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
you reckon Flappers will be content to take on a mentor role? I'd think his hyper competitiveness will want his starting Canes jersey back followed by a return to the AB's

He might want that. Doesn't mean he is going to get that. Razor seems to be a big fan of Roigard as I've heard him single out Roigard in multiple different interviews since taking over as ABs coach - it reads to me like Roigard is in pole position to grab the AB 9 jersey.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would pretty quietly suggest that a player who will bring a bit of notice is Jacomb at 10 for the Chiefs. I know he's from the Naki etc, but even allowing for my bias I think this fella has a few skills that will blossom at higher level. I wish the Canes has signed him before he got in Chgiefs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What are the Crusaders paying? $1.00001? We can probably add 1/100 of a cent since Robertson has moved on.
Crusaders have last a few players, and looks like you can add Will Jordan to the list, I not convinced they have the cattle this year. I see them a bit light in 9-10, though could be helped if Havili stays at 12, and Springer moves to 15?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I would pretty quietly suggest that a player who will bring a bit of notice is Jacomb at 10 for the Chiefs. I know he's from the Naki etc, but even allowing for my bias I think this fella has a few skills that will blossom at higher level. I wish the Canes has signed him before he got in Chgiefs.

Jacomb looks a good player but not sure how much gametime he'll get with DMac running the show at 10.

Speaking of Naki players playing for the Chiefs I'll be interested if Boschier can take his NPC form to Super in a competitive Chiefs loosie mix.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What are the Crusaders paying? $1.00001? We can probably add 1/100 of a cent since Robertson has moved on.

$3, same as Tribe. Blues $5, 'canes $7.50, Brumbies $10.

Like @Dan54 I think Crusaders will struggle this year without RMo: Burke looks a long-term prospect but he's out for a fair chunk of the year & neither of the kids they've drafted in pretty much from high school seem likely to fill the gap. I'm thinking a slow start while they sort things out may cost them later in the year.

Not so worried about 9, I think Hotham will quickly become the starter & I've always thought Drummond is better off the bench anyway.