• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024 General Chat

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Agree - I don't think the cost of tickets for Super Rugby has ever been prohibitive.

Buy if you're a family of 4, chances are it'll be a $200 night out including tickets, food and drinks. If I stay at home I can grab a nice bottle of wine, a few premium steaks and sausages for the kids for less.

I believe the alcohol tax has gone up recently as well, I'm expecting a mid-strength beer at Suncorp to cost $11 this year.
It's one of the things that makes going to watch live rugby painful for a family. I have a couple of kids who love rugby, but are only 6 and 4, going to a night game where they will be tired and hungry due to it kicking off past their bedtime and then forking out at least $200 for it isn't my idea of 'fun'. Grabbing some takeaway and making a fort to watch it at home on Stan and them falling asleep next to me on the mattress I've dragged to be in front of the TV is a much nicer experience.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here we go again...Tom Hooper a very strong contender for the 'lost great' 6 we have been looking for, stuck in the row by the Brumbies.
How many great potential 6s and 8's are we going to destroy by lacking tall players for the row?
Are the other locks both injured? Also, what happened to the plan to build Wallabies with BobbyV at 6?

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I live near Suncorp and travel through the area regularly. As of yesterday there still wasn't much advertising outside the stadium for this weekend.

They usually have a big 'upcoming event' digital sign out of the front. It might be going up today.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyway stuff all the naysayers who don't like Super rugby, it's opening day today, so I got just 2 things to say:
Bring It On!! Yehaa it's rugby time again.

Go The Canes !
I'd like to say go the Tahs, but I'm too much of a realist. Will still tip with the heart though ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@John S , as you should mate, no matter what all teams are on same points right now, and even if the team we support struggles, we all should still support them. As a Canes man I have plenty of experience at this, but always will keep on the same!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moana v Rebels on 8 March transferred from North Harbour to Hamilton due to NHS turf having not recovered from a music festival early in the new year. Moana looking to switch one of their Mount Smart fixtures to NHS later in the season.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Moana v Rebels on 8 March transferred from North Harbour to Hamilton due to NHS turf having not recovered from a music festival early in the new year. Moana looking to switch one of their Mount Smart fixtures to NHS later in the season.

idk why they don't use Pukekohe. The broadcasting situation is perfectly fine for NPC and surely can't be any worse than the Islands.

what's wrong with Eden Park? cricket still on?

Seems to be hosting a concert that weekend.

When it was clear North Harbour Stadium wouldn’t be available for the Rebels game, Auckland Stadiums worked with Moana Pasifika to find somewhere else suitable.

But Eden Park has the Pink concert, the Warriors are playing at Mt Smart Stadium, Trusts Stadium [West Auckland] wasn’t available and Semenoff Stadium in Whangārei has an event that weekend.

Growers Stadium [Pukekohe] isn’t up to standard for broadcasting a Super Rugby game, so the next closest was Waikato Stadium.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Commiserations to everyone's failed dreams.
Hook me up to that perennially punishing caravan of misery.

Imaniyointisaf123.256.933033.jpg