• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 Team of the Week

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. Eloff
2. Longeran
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
5. Hosea
6. Antsee
7. Kemney
8. Dempsey
9. Powell
10. Harrison
11. Koroibete
12. Kahui
13. Ikitau
14. Anderson
15. Banks

I've taken the liberty to play some people out of positions. Struggled for a stand out 2nd winger, tight head and inside.

HM: Wells, To'omua, Lolesio

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Eloff (Rebels)
2. Porecki (Tahs)
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Tahs)
4. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Force)
5. Hosea (Rebels)
6. Anstee (Force)
7. Koteka (Force)
8. Dempsey (Tahs)
9. Cubelli (Force)
10. To'omua (Rebels)
11. Koroibete (Rebels)
12. Kahui (Force)
13. Ikitau (Brums)
14. Maddocks (Tahs)
15. Banks (Brums)

Some difficult calls this week, thought 3, 13, 14 were all fairly regulation with little standouts

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Round 3:

1. Sio (Brumbies)
2. Kaitu'u (Force)
3. Medrano (Force)
4. Lee-Warner (Force)
5. Neville (Brumbies)
6. Anstee (Force)
7. Tizzano (Waratahs)
8. Dempsey (Waratahs)
9. Powell (Rebels)
10. Lolesio (Brumbies)
11. Koroibete (Rebels)
12. Kahui (Force)
13. Ikitau (Brumbies)
14. Ramm (Waratahs)
15. Banks (Brumbies)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At the risk of cries of 'too may Tahs' here is mine. If I don't pick some this week I might not get many more opportunities to!

Realistically I struggled for a standout 4, 7, 9, 12, 13 and 14. I'd concede that Kahui was probably the best of the 12s but I'm only picking Wallaby eligibles, I was tempted to move To'omua or Lolesio in there and if I was selecting an actual team I probably would, but for this exercise I decided to stick with who actually played there. I thought Caird had a pretty good game and I was only tempted to pick Hosea there because everyone else is but I don't really see what he did that was outstanding. Not really anything between Newsome and Ikitau and Nawalphabet is this week's Bradbury pick.

1. Eloff (REB)
2. Porecki (WAR)
3. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
4. Neville (BRU)
5. Lee-Warner (FOR)
6. Anstee (FOR)
7. Hardwick (REB)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Grant (WAR)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. Hodge (REB)
13. Newsome (WAR)
14. Nawaquanitawase (WAR)
15. Banks (BRU)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
At the risk of cries of 'too may Tahs' here is mine. If I don't pick some this week I might not get many more opportunities to!

Realistically I struggled for a standout 4, 7, 9, 12, 13 and 14. I'd concede that Kahui was probably the best of the 12s but I'm only picking Wallaby eligibles, I was tempted to move To'omua or Lolesio in there and if I was selecting an actual team I probably would, but for this exercise I decided to stick with who actually played there. I thought Caird had a pretty good game and I was only tempted to pick Hosea there because everyone else is but I don't really see what he did that was outstanding. Not really anything between Newsome and Ikitau and Nawalphabet is this week's Bradbury pick.

1. Eloff (REB)
2. Porecki (WAR)
3. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
4. Caird (WAR)
5. Lee-Warner (FOR)
6. Anstee (FOR)
7. Hardwick (REB)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Grant (WAR)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. Hodge (REB)
13. Newsome (WAR)
15. Banks (BRU)

Well Caird is not eligible - so in goes Hosea!

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
1. Eloff (Rebels)
2. Porecki (Tahs)
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Tahs)
4. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Force)
5. Hosea (Rebels)
6. Anstee (Force)
7. Koteka (Force)
8. Dempsey (Tahs)
9. Cubelli (Force)
10. To'omua (Rebels)
11. Koroibete (Rebels)
12. Kahui (Force)
13. Ikitau (Brums)
14. Maddocks (Tahs)
15. Banks (Brums)

Some difficult calls this week, thought 3, 13, 14 were all fairly regulation with little standouts
You’ve nailed it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1. Eloff (Reb)
2. Kaitu'u (For)
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (War)
4. Hosea (Reb)
5. Lee-Warner (For)
6. Anstee (For)
7. Koteka (For)
8. Dempsey (War)
9. Cubelli (For)
10. To'omua (Reb)
11. Koroibete (Reb)
12. Kahui (For)
13. Ikitau (Bru)
14. Anderson (Reb)
15. Banks (Bru)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1 Eloff (REB)
2 Kaitu'u (FOR)
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (WAR)
4 Neville (BRU)
5 FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (FOR)
6 Anstee (FOR)
7 Tizzano (WAR)
8 Wells (REB)
9 White (BRU)
10 Lolesio (BRU)
11 Koroiebete (REB)
12 Hodge (REB)
13 Ikitau (BRU)
14 Pulu (FOR)
15 Banks (BRU)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
1. Eloff
2. Kaitu’u
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Neville
5. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
6. Anstee
7. Hardwick
8. Dempsey
9. Lonergan
10. To'omua
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Ikitau
14. Maddocks
15. Banks

Lonergan obviously the contentious one - but he threw the pass of the weekend and made the kick of the weekend, and he did a good job guiding the team around when he came on - so he’s my pick.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

1. Eloff (REB)
2. Porecki (WAR)
3. Johnson-Holmes (WAR)
4. Neville (BRU)
5. Lee-Warner (FOR)
6. Anstee (FOR)
7. Hardwick (REB)
8. Dempsey (WAR)
9. Grant (WAR)
10. Harrison (WAR)
11. Koroibete (REB)
12. Hodge (REB)
13. Newsome (WAR)
15. Banks (BRU)

KOB, two teams won this weekend and two lost. Only four selections from the winning sides? Apparently we watch different games. :(

Or is it a matter of thinking that the sum of the parts is stronger than the individual parts in the Force and Brumbies?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
KOB, two teams won this weekend and two lost. Only four selections from the winning sides? Apparently we watch different games. :(

Or is it a matter of thinking that the sum of the parts is stronger than the individual parts in the Force and Brumbies?

Both games could have gone either way. The Tahs were on top for 75% of the game, it was just a 20 minute period where they kept dropping the ball that cost them the game, and although the Brumbies won, frankly I don't think they played very well. This is about individual performances so yes it's a sum of the parts thing, for this weekend at least.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
TOTW

1. Eloff
2. Hanson
3. Faumasili
5. Neville
6. Anstee
7. Brown
8. Samu
9. Powell
10. Lolesio
11. Koriobete
12. Hodge
13. Ikitau
14. Hansen
15. Banks

12 was a difficult choice as there were really no standout performers. Backline selections as a whole reflect the two best attacking/defensive lineups of the weekend.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
TOTW

1. Eloff
2. Hanson
3. Faumasili
5. Neville
6. Anstee
7. Brown
8. Samu
9. Powell
10. Lolesio
11. Koriobete
12. Hodge
13. Ikitau
14. Hansen
15. Banks

12 was a difficult choice as there were really no standout performers. Backline selections as a whole reflect the two best attacking/defensive lineups of the weekend.

Not really, it largely reflects the Brumbies ;)

EDIT: In haste I forgot that Powell is now with the Rebels. You aren't really far off what everyone else is thinking anyway, 14 was a bit of lottery, I think everyone just pick their home representative this week!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not really, it largely reflects the Brumbies ;)

EDIT: In haste I forgot that Powell is now with the Rebels. You aren't really far off what everyone else is thinking anyway, 14 was a bit of lottery, I think everyone just pick their home representative this week!

Agree on the 14. I thought Anderson was surprisingly good for the Rebels and Ralston was very good at the Force. Hardly a split hair between the three of them, so stick with the local because that's what we probably all do where it's a close call.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samu was very, very good in the lineout, but didn’t do enough around the ground to justify selection.........

Also, Eloff ran well in open space but the Rebels scrum took a pasting all night, even after AAA went off, so I couldn’t possibly reward any of their front row.

And while I want to refrain from commenting on other people’s selections........... one of them has a surprising amount of Tahs......... particularly in positions I felt the winning team were stronger.