1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Final - Brumbies v Reds

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by dru, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Brumby Jack Steve Williams (59)

Thorn said possible hip pointer issue
    molman and Up the Guts like this.
  2. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

Thanks, sounds niche.
  3. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

Well i missed the footy boys but i am now engaged.
  4. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Congrats mate. True love if you're missing a SR GF to propose :)
    Derpus likes this.
  5. formerflanker Chilla Wilson (44)

A quick replay, fast forward through the injury stoppages and commentary, and you'll know as much as the live viewers!
    For us slow ones out here, did you have an engagement party or are you now absorbed with G&GR comments?
    Congratulations if it's the former.
    Derpus likes this.
  6. dru Steve Williams (59)

White entered the fray at a point where JOC had recognised Reds were failing the territory battled and amped up kicking for gain. White saw it and responded to the threat. Tactically I thought this was rational.

But he also had a man up with the Reds defence engine throttled with a missing tower. Really thought he would have sniped more and directed traffic through the Reds row defence. None of that happened.

White backed off the pace of the game just when Reds were trying to pick it up.

Finally Whited seemed to looked to defend a lead with 10 mins left which is ballsy if not silly.

All in all good awareness but not enough game time to be sharp. White is good - international standard - and a real competitor. But he is missing form.
  7. Uh huh Bill Watson (15)

Have we talked about how good Paisami was? If Petaia is out, he did just as much as Kuridrani last night to earn the call-up.
    liquor box and RugbyReg like this.
  8. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

Haha the former. Cheers

Have now watched the Kayo mini. Boy Lolesio looks good.
    Roberts Rugby and Uh huh like this.
  9. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

Surprised you didn't try and squeeze it in to the 15 minute break at half time.

Congratulations to you & future Mrs. Derpus, this is very exciting. Hope your wedding planning is all unaffected by COVID restrictions!
    Up the Guts, Derpus and Roberts Rugby like this.
  10. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

Congratulations to you and Mrs D to be. MOST IMPORTANT- Train her early when it comes to organising functions on rugby night, especially a GF.
    Derpus likes this.
  11. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

Who has gone to the Rebels?
  12. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

Nothing confirmed but rumours swirling that Powell is heading south.
  13. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

Paisami is already there.
    mst likes this.
  14. Roberts Rugby Cyril Towers (30)

Rebels doing well with their recruitment with two good new halves.
  15. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

Sorry Dru but I disagree. It's old schools kicking that now running against the tide. 50/50 ball wins nothing, and the danger in playing any team, especially the Reds, is giving them possession which he did. JoC had already slotted all his kicks with a tight score line and plenty of time, the risk of conceding 2 penalties while defending for long periods and losing is a real risk. You can't defend a lead of less than a converted try for such a long period. The Rebels showed that just a few weeks ago scoring after the siren.

White did make a difference in the game by putting his team under the pump and giving the Reds the ball over and over. If it was pinning the Reds in their own 22 it may have been perceived differently.

I can tell you that at the ground, one of the biggest most vocal moments of the Brumbies crowd was directed at White. It was the word NO! (followed by some less complimentary words) was screamed at him as he squared up to kick fo the uptenth time. Very unpopular! It was a point of discussion through the Brumbies crowd and not in a positive way. Many pointing to it as the reason we were happy to see him go in the past.

His kicking will feed the All Blacks opportunity after opportunity.

PS: I am a White fan, love the bloke but..
  16. dru Steve Williams (59)

Can only agree with that. Though you actually did.

Funny the Brumbies fans headed that way.
  17. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

This is giving me Bledisloe flashbacks
    mst likes this.
  18. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

I asked Mrs Mst what her thoughts on the love v missing a Brumbies GF (or even a game). I was "reminded" that love runs a close second!

The sacrifices I make to keep her happy. ;)
    TSR, molman and Derpus like this.
  19. TSR Jim Lenehan (48)

Congrats mate.
  20. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

He was fine. There were lots of complaints on twitter but most of the calls being complained about were penalties for high tackles and Daugunu's yellow card.

Maybe blame the players for lazy high shots and an unnecessary lifting tackle rather than the referee for correctly adjudicating the game?
    TSR and Slim 293 like this.