• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 6 - Waratahs vs Reds @ SCG, Saturday 8 August 2020

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
It won’t have any bearing on the result but that was a crap decision to disallow Dempsey’s try. The brief was to find a reason to not allow it, there wasn’t one.

Yah you are right. They left some points out there.

The obstruction that should have been a PT. Grounding the ball on the touch line. It could have been 100

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Thorn continues to pick up young Colts players that haven’t even proven themselves in Prems. Nongorr, Flook, Zander and even Straker just don’t cut the mustard. How in the fuck can you not start McDermott. Time to change the strategy. We missed Petaia tonight.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
That wraps up a weekend of rugby I didn't expect. As a long suffering Tahs fan, that was very gratifying, couldn't have been a greater contrast to the Rebels game.
Apart from their starting scrum, the Reds just couldn't get anything happening. Lineouts, handling, tackling, nothing seemed to be working, and when they did attack I thought the Tahs did a great job of smothering their danger men. I will make a sppecial mention of JOC (James O'Connor), however, tried his heart out, always dangerous, the one Red who can walk away from that game holding his head high.
For the Tahs I don't think there was a poor player. Bloody hard to pick a 3,2,1, but HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Hanigan, Dempsey, Gordon, Harrison, Ramm and Maddocks would all be in it. Suddenly all the predictability of Super rugby Aus has gone, we have a real competition on our hands

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Thorn continues to pick up young Colts players that haven’t even proven themselves in Prems. Nongorr, Flook, Zander and even Straker just don’t cut the mustard. How in the fuck can you not start McDermott. Time to change the strategy. We missed Petaia tonight.
Yep, felt sorry for Zane. He was distraught after the game and shouldn't have been put in that position. It does nothing for his confidence. Are Smith and Hoopert injured? Zander is not up to their level yet. Not picking Tait was stupid. He would of helped the team and it doesn't help his Wallabies chances

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I am confident that the Reds can consider that as a training run for the new combinations and will get better and will smash the Tahs.

Petaia to score three tries now he is back in the game.

Zander to continue his improvement and begin to dominate his opponent and make the reds scrum even better

QLD Hookers to get to a season high 10% straight throws to dominate at least 1 lineout

Res by 30+

It is a shame I was so close to being correct on at least one of my predictions

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
My memory may be fading, but wasn't Zander decent last week?

I Don't disagree with the concept of your post but surely our lineout must be close to the biggest issue and this does not seem to fall at the feet of our experienced players

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
My memory may be fading, but wasn't Zander decent last week?

I Don't disagree with the concept of your post but surely our lineout must be close to the biggest issue and this does not seem to fall at the feet of our experienced players
Yeah, where to start; line out first, then a new Reds recruitment team. There is too much pressure on Wright and JOC (James O'Connor). Any news on new signings?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Tahs look incredible, good for them.

Bizarre that we haven’t turned up.

It appears the epic in Canberra has been very difficult to back up from.

I was thinking similar. How much was it the Reds putting it all out there in the Brumbies game and then coming up against a well rested and drilled Tahs. The Reds just looked well off it tonight.

B

Bobby Sands

I was thinking similar. How much was it the Reds putting it all out there in the Brumbies game and then coming up against a well rested and drilled Tahs. The Reds just looked well off it tonight.

I couldn’t recognise them, but that shouldn’t take anything away, the Tahs were absolutely incredible in the first half.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
i think Kafer summed it up when he said "I didn't think the Tahs had this sort of performance in them"

Yep surprised all but gees what a good surprise they have been and indeed the Rebels as well - really opened up this whole competition. Buggered if I am really sure now who will be in the finals or indeed win this competition.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Very satisfying to attend that win.

Tahs look incredibly slick and well coached when they get it right. Felt like men against boys with Hooper, Dempsey, Hanigan, Karmichael, Gordon etc. just dominating.

Ramm is as hard to tackle as Daugunu and Wright without having the flashy speed and footwork.

Hope the Reds aren’t too disheartened as they have had some great moments this season. Just a game for the Tahs where everything clicked and it was beautiful to watch.