• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds just ticked over 16'000 members, Brumbies have 6'000.. not sure where the other provinces are at..

I did a quick comparison of membership prices, only included the standard Adult/Family full season membership as a base comparison.

Adult/Family

WA $200/490 ($170/410)*
ACT $280/675
NSW $120/300
VIC $180/432
QLD $185/390

*WA offered Seated/(Standing)

NSW offered a 2 or 4 game package, ACT and Rebels also offered a 3 game package each.

Just comparing 2012 prices to 2013...

Adult/Family
WA $225/$520
ACT $145/$355
NSW $135/$325
VIC $150/$360
QLD $200/$420

I accidentally quoted the Silver Membership for the Brumbies in 2012, whilst all the other teams i quoted the equivalent of the Bronze.
The Reds don't offer a Bronze membership so i've displayed their cheapest membership which is a Silver.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
What does it say that the WF have the highest membership price yet the worst team and still get good membership numbers.

Really committed fans or just too much money over here in the west?

T

TOCC

What does it say that the WF have the highest membership price yet the worst team and still get good membership numbers.

Really committed fans or just too much money over here in the west?

Well they also have the standing memberships which i didn't include..

WA $180/$420

Very impressive from the Force fans nonetheless

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
It will be interesting to see how the membership goes this year with the new stadium development. One of the biggest turn offs for members in the first few years was Subi - not the playing. From what I have heard from some Glory supporters the new stands look fantastic. They will hopefully give some great viewing and when the Force win the comp this year some fantastic full houses!:)

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Tahs at 7912. Reds at 22,597.
Tahs will come close to 10,000 which will be a nice improvement on last year but is still far to low. Any idea on Rebels, Force and Brumbies?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
^ Wow. Before Christmas, it was just under 8,000 and now just over 11,000. Everyone must be after the infamous cap. ;) Pretty impressive 37% boost in numbers.

However, can't compare to Reds numbers unless there is a breakdown of the 11,000. Reds packages are full 8 game memberships whereas the Tahs have 8, 6 and 2 game options.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I expect some of the memberships will be up this year due to the lions, this is fine - the challenge is to keep the memebrs next year.

Do any of the franchises have programs to reward long term members (e.g. 3, 5, 10, 15 year members etc.)? For the tahs, all you got by renewing was slightly better seats each year. I don't know where this thought is taking me exactly but thought I would start by asking the qn. Intuitively, it seems like the benefits of memebrship should go up over time.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Good result for the Tahs and in this town any excuse to talk up a code / club is a good thing. QLD currently at 24,252 so a long way to go. Will be nice to have bigger crowds at the games.

T

TOCC

Reds ticked over 25'000 members, which places them just ahead of where they were at the same point last season(2012 total: 32'000).. Its going to be difficult to crack 40'000 but 35'000 is looking good.
BBWDcwXCUAARrwm.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
mark_s, that is a good idea to reward longevity (long suffering for the Tahs!) and is something that the franchises should be looking at as part of their overall membership programmes.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Haha. Not quite. I am chuffed that there will be a lot more members at the games though. Any idea of rebels and brumbies membership numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.