• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pre-Season Trial: Waratahs v Reds

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Good trial. Have to rate Gleeson.

Thought the Reds off load game is good. Particularly the loose forwards. Both scrum and line out need work but at the same time there were signs of being solid. If the Waratahs are in deed highly backed then they are not that far in front of us.

I think the laws/interpretations are looking good. Hopefully it stays that way.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Picking Daugunu remains a massive risk. I wonder if they consider Flook on the wing with Henry and Hunter in the centres.

Petaia looked good at fullback. But he’d revert to wing with Jock to fullback.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Good trial. Have to rate Gleeson.

Thought the Reds off load game is good. Particularly the loose forwards. Both scrum and line out need work but at the same time there were signs of being solid. If the Waratahs are in deed highly backed then they are not that far in front of us.

I think the laws/interpretations are looking good. Hopefully it stays that way.

Yeah, the game kept ticking at a good pace with a nice overall tempo. Hopefully things not only stay that way but as teams build more fitness and cohesion they really come into play. Could be in for a good season.

Reactions: dru