• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 1: Waratahs vs Brumbies Friday, 24th February

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
but who were the ones that just tried to win it on their own? I genuinely can't work out who you are thinking of?
Probably not the best way of putting it

What I meant was 10s like Larkham and Cooper (and to a lessor extent O'Conner) who would play flat and cut teams apart by putting players regularly into gaps and/or run in tries themselves

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hawko and Lindommer will be receiving visitors at The Clock in Surry Hills at 5:30pm tomorrow. Usual rules apply: lounge suits for gentlemen, hats and gloves for ladies. Last half-dozen arrivees must shout all attendees.

See you there, in blue.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The wingers match up for this game is pretty bloody exciting. Jorgensen, Nawaqanitawase & Toole all have serious pace. I really want Toole to go well this season, he's so young at 22 and could be something else with his speed.

I feel like the Wallabies have had some fast wingers but nothing crazy fast in a while.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Wright is pretty damn fast. Absolutely shredded Penaut for that jailbreak try last year. Koroibete is no slouch either.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Part me of me wants a try a piece. One with Toole skinning him on the outside then Nadolo going right over the top of Toole.

A big man with any sort of space in the 22 does get the crowd up and loud. I remember every time Taqele Naiyaravoro would get it in that position it was great fun.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Probably not the best way of putting it

What I meant was 10s like Larkham and Cooper (and to a lessor extent O'Conner) who would play flat and cut teams apart by putting players regularly into gaps and/or run in tries themselves

A lot of work went in from the people around them to make that happen, of course. Not much different to Foley in concept, who would distribute until he got the position he wanted.

Foley was not as good as the other two when at their limits, but he was most consistent in some ways than Quade.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Foley has a brilliant ability to pick when it's the appropriate time for a dart or even to get his shoulders through and offload. Quade has the ability to bamboozle a defender but also try to do it at completely the wrong moment. This seems to have settled somewhat but defences also knew if rushed he will revert to playing touch and get stuck.

Larkham different category IMO. Kept composure in moments of chaos and could slice right through a defence when the opportunity arose. Sure with the talent he was surrounded by it created opportunities but still a class above.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anyways, apparently this loosehead prop who was just invited to the Brumbies on a trial basis late last year and as far as I'm aware was not part of the official squad, will start ahead of James Slipper this week...

I actually met him and his leaguie brother at their uncle’s wedding late last year...know their (now) aunt quite well. Nice people, good on him.