• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 3: Brumbies v Waratahs in Canberra

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would have to say brumbies for a win but if brumbies off their game tahs for sure as they are travelling nicely.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Harrison to halfback reminds me of talk of giteau playing halfback. I think giteau played there a bit at club possibly, I don’t recall him playing there at Super Rugby level.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Harrison to halfback reminds me of talk of giteau playing halfback. I think giteau played there a bit at club possibly, I don’t recall him playing there at Super Rugby level.
He played at Test level but not many..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He played at Test level but not many..
Harrison as Half does sound a giteau moment but hey I have to say DC closer to intent. Does Harrison have any schoolboy experience playing half otherwise does sound left field. Or maybe viewpoint is Gordon will play full 80 and only emergency play to have Harrison there. Either way when coaching travelling well you cut more slack as armchair warrior.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was it the win over the terrible Drua or the loss to the Reds that has established his street cred?
We are talking tahs who lost all games last season by large margins and looked better performance wise.

But yeh point taken…I guess when bar set so low last season easy to get overshot of optimism on early promise.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Was it the win over the terrible Drua or the loss to the Reds that has established his street cred?
I like him. His past teams all rate him and he has had some good results from lifting teams up from the ashes. He‘ll need all this and more to get the Waratahs up permanently and this week’s gamble of having Harrison as a back up 9 if needed is rather ballsy.
With the Brumbies having two excellent 9’s I suppose it will all be forgotten if Gordon plays the whole game and the Waratahs win!
Which they definitely can do.
Should be a great game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
They have been watching du Pont play 10 from 9 and thought f*ck it, lets see if we can make it work

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Dupont also plays 8 from 9 and I guess if your scrumhalf looks like this go for it.
1646345898402.png

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The plan of Harrison as the reserve 9 is clearly a break glass in emergency option. There's no way the game plan is to play him there. Gordon will play 80 minutes.

The risk is that if Gordon gets injured early we're screwed. Harrison isn't going to be a good option there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jeremy Williams is out with a groin strain. Max Douglas to start and Jack Grant on the bench (so no longer punting on Harrison as the reserve 9).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Jeremy Williams' groin might have just saved Jake Gordon's ankle - there's no way the rugby gods let you get away with going into a game without a backup half back.

Tahs already thin lock stocks already taking a beating, Hanigan can't come back soon enough.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Clearly Sinclair moves to lock if one is injured. What's the story with Bokenham, how is he going with NSW A?