• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Stormers vs Reds Sun 25th 2.15 AEDST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not sure the reds will be able to pull up after the travel, even before the hassles but I hope they'll maintain the fighting spirit they've been showing lately. If they can apply some consistent defensive pressure to Willemse from the start we'll be in with a shot. The guy is a talent but still very young so hopefully we can expose him.

Also really looking forward to seeing Tupou, Timu, Higgers, CFS, Kerevi, etc all spend time running in Rhule's channel. We have a lot of big, dynamic runners to trouble him with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Look, I'm not expecting anything from them, but honestly, as one of the Smith boys said 'we've got nothing to lose' and now he's even more right... sometimes it's when a team has no hope of winning that they are their most dangerous.

So long as they don't lose coinciding a bonus point I'd count it as a win.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Look, I'm not expecting anything from them, but honestly, as one of the Smith boys said 'we've got nothing to lose' and now he's even more right. sometimes it's when a team has no hope of winning that they are their most dangerous.

Agreed. Their (realistic) aim was probably one win. which they have ticked. They are going to feel less pressure in this game and are on a wave. I think they are a very real chance.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Will they get there in time for the game?

This is a very real worry. Just because they are going via London doesn't mean they'll be allowed into South Africa. I imagine the idea was get 'em on a plan, someone here can sort out them being allowed into South Africa while they are en-route.

I'd much rather be on a plan than sleeping in the terminal etc.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The Reds were in London long enough that they got to leave the airport.

Presumably they will be arriving in South Africa sometime on Tuesday.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

The Reds were in London long enough that they got to leave the airport.

Presumably they will be arriving in South Africa sometime on Tuesday.
That's an old photo he's reposted. Jono's hair is thinner and beard is thicker these days, and it wasn't more then three degrees here after a weekend of snow - there's no way he's out posing by the Thames without a few more layers on.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Certainly made me look twice when he posted it, given the weather.

His Instagram stories were all from the airport. As an aside, he and Slipper are absolutely killing it on Instagram this tour, top shelf content.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Any chance the whole yellow fever things is just a ruse by Thorn?

He spent plenty of time in Origin camp.

I can imagine him chartering a plane and bringing the team in at the very last minute (possible via a Caxton St fly by) and bringing the boys straight to the field after several hours in a confined cabin listening to the likes of Sam Scott-Young and Dan Crowley telling them it’s all a conspiracy, everyone’s against them and to get out there and tear the place apart.

My only concern is if they get abit confused with Damien Smith yelling in the background ‘just let me smash Campo!!’

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Look, I'm not expecting anything from them, but honestly, as one of the Smith boys said 'we've got nothing to lose' and now he's even more right. sometimes it's when a team has no hope of winning that they are their most dangerous.

I know Ruaan well. He lead them to the right places in his home province.

Stormers by 55

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I know Ruaan well. He lead them to the right places in his home province.

Stormers by 55

It's the Stormers to lose. If the Reds hold their tight defence and make it ugly it will be interestingly close for most of the match. If Stormers are able to let loose their dogs it will be interesting - but not because the score is tight.

The key issue here for the Reds is that Thorn makes sure the Reds continue to build belief and gel on tour.

Stormers favourites for sure, but you never, never know.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Blues beat the Lions after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions. The Stormers beat the Blues after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions. Now the Reds face the Stormers after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions.

The Revolution will be victorious, comrades.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Blues beat the Lions after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions. The Stormers beat the Blues after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions. Now the Reds face the Stormers after flying into South Africa with travel disruptions.

The Revolution will be victorious, comrades.

That's the sort of game form we want to see! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.