• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1 2020: Crusaders v Waratahs

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
'Saders frontrow looking remarkably different for the first time in eons.

Can Richie get enough points in his 40 to justify being in my fantasy team?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Crusaders pack just doesn't have the same look about it as in all the previous Super Rugby years. Backs still look extremely dangerous but will they have the opportunities they're used to?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Reserves: Codie Taylor, Isi Tu'ungafasi, Michael Ala'alatoa, Luke Romano, Cullen Grace, Bryn Hall, Brett Cameron, Sevu Reece.

I feel like Luke Romano has been around for ever. How old is he now?

RWC players are limited to 180 total minutes in n Rounds 1-3, must be given two rest weeks in addition to the two Bye weeks, and cannot appear in more than six consecutive ma ch-day 23's (count restarts after a Bye or rest week).

You've go to think they'll want to keep their strongest squads for the conference games so they can ensure they maximise their table points.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I feel like Luke Romano has been around for ever. How old is he now?

You've go to think they'll want to keep their strongest squads for the conference games so they can ensure they maximise their table points.

There are actually players outside the WC squad going through the protocols. DMac and Laumape are part of it too I think.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs at odds of 8 to 1 to win - ie next to no chance - but I agree about the performance and good to see youth getting a shot with harrison, bell, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Tizzano all In the 23..

My expectations for tahs lower this season given rebuild and just want to see steady improvement and progress over the season. Finals football definitely can’t see but that is ok if see successful step up of young uns to build for the future.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tahs at odds of 8 to 1 to win - ie next to no chance - but I agree about the performance and good to see youth getting a shot with harrison, bell, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Tizzano all In the 23..

My expectations for tahs lower this season given rebuild and just want to see steady improvement and progress over the season. Finals football definitely can’t see but that is ok if see successful step up of young uns to build for the future.

Not rubbishing Tahs RN, but it good to have real expectations, and I really believe you will enjoy the season more because of it. I see the Tahs being in a pretty big rebuilding stage, and hope the young fellas don't cop too much flak IF they struggle at times.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone know when we will see Moeroa? A Hunt/Moeroa centre pairing just mincing people is a tasty proposition.

321737.jpg

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
By Crusaders standards that's an average looking starting pack (and starting halfback).

Bench looks handy though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs at odds of 8 to 1 to win - ie next to no chance

The Crusaders haven't lost at home since the 2016 season so fair to say that they will start a lot of games at home this season with those sort of odds (and won't be too much longer when playing away against most teams).

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
By all accounts it won't be a very big crowd in Nelson. It's a long weekend there so a lot of people will be out of town. In other words a good time to play the Crusaders away.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
By all accounts it won't be a very big crowd in Nelson. It's a long weekend there so a lot of people will be out of town. In other words a good time to play the Crusaders away.

Not sure it'll change their attitude much - instead of sitting there freezing, the crowd will be on the beers in the late evening sun, and raucous ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I thought Nelson was a tourism location. Aren't people meant to turn up on long weekends?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not rubbishing Tahs RN, but it good to have real expectations, and I really believe you will enjoy the season more because of it. I see the Tahs being in a pretty big rebuilding stage, and hope the young fellas don't cop too much flak IF they struggle at times.
Yep to me some exciting young players with potential to watch this season but also can’t expect to be smooth sailing as talented youngsters but lacking experience

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bloody nice spot tho - was there in 2002 and didn't really get enough time to look around properly.