• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1 2020: Crusaders v Waratahs

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Man even the Kiwis cant be fucked watching the Crusaders win this awful sportinf competition. The sooner it collapses the better.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Beale is so frustrating.

He makes so many opportunities by running incredible support lines, putting himself int he right place and having excellent acceleration, but then he immediately fluffs whatever he created with a brain melt.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That last Crusaders try was a joke.

Newsome didn't jump to compete for the ball, but then also didn't tackle the guy who landed smack bang infront of him with the ball.

He then remembers that he's supposed to fucking defend, only to get in Hoopers way as the two defending Waratahs essentially tackle each other and give the Crusaders 11 a clear run to the line.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
That last Crusaders try was a joke.

Newsome didn't jump to compete for the ball, but then also didn't tackle the guy who landed smack bang infront of him with the ball.

He then remembers that he's supposed to fucking defend, only to get in Hoopers way as the two defending Waratahs essentially tackle each other and give the Crusaders 11 a clear run to the line.

He's not having a great game. His earlier clearing kick was a bit of a shocker too. Think I'd prefer Clark.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Man even the Kiwis cant be fucked watching the Crusaders win this awful sportinf competition. The sooner it collapses the better.

Population of Nelson & immediate surrounds is ~54k, Trafalgar Park holds ~18k in rugby config. You always want to see more bums on seats but it doesn't look like a disaster turnout-wise to me.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Can someone teach our wingers how to defend?

Also, need to capitalise on these shitty Crusader lineouts by going wide instead of keeping it in tight and getting the ball slowed down at the ruck.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) on the other wing has been poor defensively as well.

Hunt has been excellent. Harrison has looked solid.

He's bouncing off his wing, coming into tackles too high ala Beale style.

Agree re: Hunt. He's running nicely at the seams. Looking for the soft shoulder.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
God super rugby is an awful watch

I tend to agree. I find myself enjoying European/English rugby a lot more these days.

It feels a lot more - I don't know - professional? Important? The games have a different intensity or gravity to them.

Super Rugby feels like fast food, Big Bash-esque football.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
That scoreline is really disappointing. I don't think it reflects the team as a whole. Actually liking a lot of what I'm seeing. Seems to be some nice cohesion and there is definitely space on the edges that the Tahs have been able to exploit at times.

That poor run return from Beale resulting in a soft try and the highball kick, poor defence from Newsome has really inflated things.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I tend to agree. I find myself enjoying European/English rugby a lot more these days.

It feels a lot more - I don't know - professional? Important? The games have a different intensity or gravity to them.

Super Rugby feels like fast food, Big Bash-esque football.

Might be the games you are choosing to watch.

The Premier/Top14 both have their fair share of drab games and for the clubs in the Champions Cup you can end up with some real b-sides put out at times but I get what you are saying generally speaking.