• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1: Waratahs v Drua

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
we're equal with the leaders on the points table
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

2022sr.png

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Finally! Enjoying the possibilities of the new season, we're equal with the leaders on the points table, who knows where it could go from here!

(Kick-off is 7:45pm Sydney time).
I think most of us know where it is going to go ....

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
From Georgina Robinson in the SMH:
Likely Waratahs team: Alex Newsome, Dylan Pietsch, Izaia Perese, Lalakai Foketi (subject to fitness), James Turner, Ben Donaldson, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harris, Charlie Gamble, Lachlan Swinton, Geoff Cridge, Jed Holloway, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Dave Porecki, Angus Bell.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
is that the Waratahs team with the fewest international caps ever?

Who is Cridge?

New Kiwi bloke.

"
Cridge, born and raised in Christchurch, attended Christchurch Boys High School and represented New Zealand U20’s before moving north to sign for the Hurricanes under Chris Boyd, making his Super Rugby debut for the side during their 2016 Championship winning season.

Cridge – who cuts an imposing figure at just over 200cm – further strengthens Darren Coleman’s depth at lock, following the return of Jed Holloway for the 2022 season.

After a couple of seasons of playing provincial rugby in New Zealand, Cridge was excited to be playing Super Rugby again.

“The last two years I’ve had off I’ve had an itch to play Super Rugby, so to get another chance here at the Waratahs is something I’m definitely going to make the most of,” Cridge said.

“There’s a good group of lads here, everyone gets around each other and stays really connected. No-one is bigger than the team and it’s a great environment to be a part of and I can’t wait for the season to start.”

After an impressive season for Hawke’s Bay in the ITM Cup in 2021 where he was awarded the team’s best forward award, Waratahs’ Head Coach Darren Coleman saw enough of the big lock to bring him to the Waratahs.

"

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
From Georgina Robinson in the SMH:
Likely Waratahs team: Alex Newsome, Dylan Pietsch, Izaia Perese, Lalakai Foketi (subject to fitness), James Turner, Ben Donaldson, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harris, Charlie Gamble, Lachlan Swinton, Geoff Cridge, Jed Holloway, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Dave Porecki, Angus Bell.
Take out Bell, Swinton and Gordon and I think the caps = 0. Can we count Pietsch's caps in sevens to make it a bit more respectable?