• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2 2020: NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues

NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues

• Go Blues

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Go Waratahs

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • either team would be lucky to finish 3rd in this one

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • do I HAVE to watch this rubbish?

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • prefer not to say

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • i love pole

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
If it helps - Eklund was also very ropey with his throwing in round 1 and Parsons is well.. Parsons.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
This could be the clash which decides the annual Australia-New Zealand "who is the worst at set pieces" award. Waratahs start with the advantage of a 2nd Grade Hooker who somehow made it to Pro level and a pair of locks who couldn't help their props in the scrum if their life depended on it. Blues have the advantage of always seeming to find a way to fuck it up.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a stupid comment. Robertson and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) are better than half the Super Rugby starting props. I will fully concede Faulkner is rubbish. Absolutely nothing wrong with Simmons and Staniforth as scrummagers either.

The Blues scrum also demolished the Chiefs last week. Also hilarious coming from a Brumbies fan whose scrum was demolished by the Reds last week and given you have an all Wallabies front row I suggest it's your 2 locks who can't scrum and are going to the weakness of your team all season.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Me either. His lineout throws were poor. Also surprised that Maddocks didn't get the nod over Newsome

100% - Newsome was invisble last week.
And Abel's line throwing shite...lot of others commenting that general defense and workrate was very good otherwise so I will hold fire on Abel but moreso watch more closely his performance this week.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Invisible? That suggests he had no impact on the game.

His defence was horrible. My mother could've done better.

Wings were a real liability in D last week. Hopefully they can turn it around this week.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
And Abel's line throwing shite.lot of others commenting that general defense and workrate was very good otherwise so I will hold fire on Abel but moreso watch more closely his performance this week.

I guess I can respect Penny for giving players like Newsome another chance. It's got to be hard for the players to do a post match review and actually make corrections if they are yanked the next week. It will be interesting to see what Tepai Moeroa might offer us off the bench.

There is also something a little more physical about having Swinton and Dempsey out there rather than Holloway starting.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Is anyone thinking of doing a lightning trip up and back on Saturday for this match?

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah. Until At 55 minutes they bring on Ioane, who has been absolutely seething at his treatment by the coaches to date and completely determined to show up their stupidity by making about 30 bone-crushing tackles and about 200 run metres in 25 minutes.

I like your positivity for Akira!

Alas, it's more likely he'll make 2.5 tackles and run 10 metres - then get bored, spark up a metaphorical ciggie and lean on the goal posts, looking all moody 'n shit.

Is there a more frustrating player in rugby?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I like your positivity for Akira!

Alas, it's more likely he'll make 2.5 tackles and run 10 metres - then get bored, spark up a metaphorical ciggie and lean on the goal posts, looking all moody 'n shit.

Is there a more frustrating player in rugby?

yep, no one knows (including Akira) which Akira will turn up

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scrum option from the penalty, pls.

EDIT: Booo. Would've aimed for the card.....