• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Jaguares v Reds - Buenos Aires Sunday Feb 16 10:00am AEDT

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Surely time to kick this off, 9:00am in Q.

Jaguares start 2020 season as highly favoured and will want to bounce back at home after a tight loss to Hurricanes at home last week.

Both squads are reasonably stable which not many franchises can boast. Reds away record has been pretty poor which needs surely to improve this season. Two bonus points hasn't been too bad a start but Reds unlikely to be favoured here.

Both teams without the best discipline records. Reds stretching in the front row depth. Big questions around the team selections particularly in the halves at 10 and 12 but also Hockings is apparently ready for return in the row.

Hate to say it, Jaguares by 8.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Be good to see this much hyped Reds squad win a game. Jaguares away is a hard ask though.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the Jaguares scrum is as bad as Argentina's from 2019 the Reds stand a chance. The Reds do come off some long travels and a fairly taxing tackle count at Ellis Park so it's not going to be easy.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't see a way we will be able to get close to a win other than by sheer luck. The jaguares will win it by 14+

streetguy

Frank Row (1)
I can't see a way we will be able to get close to a win other than by sheer luck. The jaguares will win it by 14+

If Jaguares turn up, it could be a massacre Jags by 30 points in that scenario

More likely Jags by 10

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I watched the Jaguares V Hurricanes game, and I noticed that the Jaguares flyhalf, Domingo Miotti chose to kick the leather off the ball, and did it quite well, so the Reds backs are going to have to take this into account.
With that in mind, what back line should we incorporate? Possibly JOC (James O'Connor) back to 12 as I believe he is better at overall field play than Stewart, though I appreciate that ball retrieval falls into the hands of the back 3. And maybe bring back Isaac Lucas to flyhalf.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I just went to the Reds webpage, https://reds.rugby/ to see whats happening with the boys over in Argentina.
I mean, this is the Reds web page , right. You'd assume that at least snip-its of information would be coming back to the fans to keep us Geed up.
But not a bloody word. What do those administrators do out Ballymore way. Work out where to buy the best latte macchiatos?
Or a trip to the car yard to test drive the latest Lexus?
Come on fellas, earn your keep and make the site a bit more proactive rather then pinching the media stories.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I watched the Jaguares V Hurricanes game, and I noticed that the Jaguares flyhalf, Domingo Miotti chose to kick the leather off the ball, and did it quite well, so the Reds backs are going to have to take this into account.
With that in mind, what back line should we incorporate? Possibly JOC (James O'Connor) back to 12 as I believe he is better at overall field play than Stewart, though I appreciate that ball retrieval falls into the hands of the back 3. And maybe bring back Isaac Lucas to flyhalf.

I'd give 10 JOC (James O'Connor) 12 Stewart another run, barring injury. Then back to 10: Lucas; 12: JOC (James O'Connor); 22: Stewart; at home v Sunwolves.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Hagwarays good value at the 12.5-

No kicking game , unsettledness at the play making positions , no depth in the set piece (and they’ll need it)+ the end of a brutal 3 weeks on the road in playing in 35 degree heat , altitude , and across 3 x continents with a young / inexperienced team - does not auger well

Hawgwarays will be looking for blood after getting taken down last week. They are settled and haven’t been on the road yet either.

Reds to get pumped by 12 +

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hagwarays good value at the 12.5-

No kicking game , unsettledness at the play making positions , no depth in the set piece (and they’ll need it)+ the end of a brutal 3 weeks on the road in playing in 35 degree heat , altitude , and across 3 x continents with a young / inexperienced team - does not auger well

Hawgwarays will be looking for blood after getting taken down last week. They are settled and haven’t been on the road yet either.

Reds to get pumped by 12 +

Yeah but. Won't it be good if they don't!