• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Jaguares v Reds - Buenos Aires Sunday Feb 16 10:00am AEDT

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Has O'Connor been taking spot kicks or Hegarty. I thought kicking was the Reds biggest weakness last year - looks to be a continuing issue.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Who will take shots at goal?

Hegarty has been the sharp shooter all preseason.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) and Stewart have been hitting them well.

More than a little concerned with our clearances , exiting has been horrible and can't see the changes improving what has been a weakness.

B

Bobby Sands

How do you cram four great locks into one super rugby side?

Yep, why have we gone so tall? Don’t like it.

Keep in mind Harry is 1.95. So that’s 4 giraffes in the starting back.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) has been doing the graft which I thought was balancing the pack.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Jordan Petaia has been ruled-out after suffering a shoulder injury during Wednesday’s training session and will be further assessed in Brisbane.

That's a shame. I hope this isn't a trend, well it already sort of is, but I hope as his body grows and matures over the years it strengthens, because at the moment he is made of glass. With such a short competition we can't afford to lose him for 3-4 weeks.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I like the JOC (James O'Connor) and JOCK combo. JOCK will hit the inside ball from JOC (James O'Connor) a la Tom B. JOCK is a decent goal kicker

B

Bobby Sands

Lukhan is a lock, why do we do this to ourselves? Blythe is not demanding selection.

This reads to me like Thorn wanted Hockings in the squad, but couldn't drop Blythe to do it.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Our back 3 and 5/8 aren't the best with clearing kicks and Wright has lost ASY (Angus Scott-Young) who was his best supporter in the ruck and maul work. I wonder what the Jags game plan will be?

I hope Jock, Henry and CFS make big runs out from the 22 or find their kicking boots, otherwise we're not going to have territory or possession for most of this game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought our exit kicks in J’burg was not adapting to altitude so not matching the Lions who were all over it. I’m hoping that no natural home advantage mis a bit of a leveller for the exits.

I’m still happy with JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 for the tour but had expected to see Lucas at 15. Or 23.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Lukhan is a lock, why do we do this to ourselves? Blythe is not demanding selection.

This reads to me like Thorn wanted Hockings in the squad, but couldn't drop Blythe to do it.

I think it’s also a case that he wants to rotate players the backrow to give players a rest but currently doesn’t have depth to do it. Not until Wood and McReight are back and fit at least

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Who will take shots at goal?

Hegarty has been the sharp shooter all preseason.

Hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) and Stewart have been hitting them well.

More than a little concerned with our clearances , exiting has been horrible and can't see the changes improving what has been a weakness.

Jock is also a kicker.

Kickers in the squad are Hegarty, Jock, Lucas, Daugunu and JOC (James O'Connor)

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Our front row probably the best in Australia. Our second row is probably still the best in Australia (although I do prefer LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)), I think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) has been brought in to give them a bit more ball running, and ASY (Angus Scott-Young) has been a little average the last few games (but not bad). I think Uru has been hard done by to be left out, hasn't done much wrong but hasn't really proven himself yet either.

On the other hand, I think Paisami coming in was inevitable Petaia needs to find a way to inject himself into the game more. I love the inclusion of CFS he gives us that big ball carrier as a bailout option when we just need some go forward. I think Stewart in the centers is deserved.

I'm not sure about having both Lucas and Hegarty on the bench, they can both play very similar positions. I'd have gone with Lucas at 10, and O'Connor on the bench. O'Connor and Hegarty can cover the centres, flyhalf as well as the wings and fullback between them.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not sure about having both Lucas and Hegarty on the bench, they can both play very similar positions. I'd have gone with Lucas at 10, and O'Connor on the bench. O'Connor and Hegarty can cover the centres, flyhalf as well as the wings and fullback between them.

As much as O'Connor isn't the ratbag he used to be, I don't think coming off the bench would sit overly well. He was essentially signed as the Reds marquee back (straight into the Wallabies for RWC after his signing) and he probably needs to be on the field as much as possible for the Reds to be truly dominant.

In saying that, I don't think 10 is where he should be, too close to the ruck. Needs more space to play his natural game.

B

Bobby Sands

We would be directionless without JOC (James O'Connor) starting.

I’m fascinated to see Jock at fullback, as I’d like to see Speight & Daugunu on the flanks.

Issac needs to earn his spot & I love that.

B

Bobby Sands

Crusaders v Blues game so well referreed. My new favourite.