• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Rebels vs Waratahs

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Well, shit...

weather.JPG

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 128
  • weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 135
  • weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 138

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Emerging Waratahs named Tepai Moeroa at 12. I like this. Rather than get 10 mins off the bench in the big game get a full 80mins.

A bit of a tangent, but is a comp with Super Rugby A-sides a possible replacement for the NRC? Have the wider training squads + any club land players playing a comp in parallel to Super Rugby. Game same day as first run team if a Oz team and then something else in the gaps. Maybe throw the Force and Fiji into the mix NRC style so 6 clubs, 12 rounds plus finals series. I mean the players are contracted, why not get them testing their skills and game prep against other teams rather than just running drills at training each week.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm really worried the rain will make my hair frizz. My eldest is bringing my hoodie and I'm meeting him at the ground.

It's valentines day mate, if there's hair left on your body that could frizz, you're doing it wrong!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah as if the Rebels are favourites, they’re awful.

Can’t believe I’m missing going to the first home match of the season. Apparently the sky bus to the international terminal doesn’t cut it for my girlfriend, spoiled I tell yah.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Feels weird not going, been to almost all the rebels home games over the past few years but with the rain and the poor performances nobody else wanted to go

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Lomani out of the 23. Too many foreign players in match day team so forced to drop. Who are the others for the Rebels?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Lomani out of the 23. Too many foreign players in match day team so forced to drop. Who are the others for the Rebels?
I think each team is allowed two, I’m guessing Louwrens and Magnay?

EDIT: Wilson looks more on the mark than me haha

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think each team is allowed two, I’m guessing Louwrens and Magnay?

EDIT: Wilson looks more on the mark than me haha
Not 100% certain on those, just that those 3 have come in from overseas this year, so they're the most likely ones. Louwrens and Smith both could be eligible but I can't say for sure. No idea what the specific allowance is though.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
A bit of a tangent, but is a comp with Super Rugby A-sides a possible replacement for the NRC? Have the wider training squads + any club land players playing a comp in parallel to Super Rugby. Game same day as first run team if a Oz team and then something else in the gaps. Maybe throw the Force and Fiji into the mix NRC style so 6 clubs, 12 rounds plus finals series. I mean the players are contracted, why not get them testing their skills and game prep against other teams rather than just running drills at training each week.
As a pathway it makes sense but as a competition it would be pretty dull. Presumably most of those players would be 1st graders so the best outcome would be for them to end up at the ‘1st division’ clubs in the (hopefully) new club comp

B

Bobby Sands

As a pathway it makes sense but as a competition it would be pretty dull. Presumably most of those players would be 1st graders so the best outcome would be for them to end up at the ‘1st division’ clubs in the (hopefully) new club comp

That club comp will be epic.