• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Be good to see a Rebels win to keep the tables interesting.

Is Matt To'omua injured (thought i saw someone mention this somewhere)? if so Rebels aren't a realistic chance.

Dont think so, got put on ice early v the tahs. Game was over good chance for Hodge to play 10 & give a decent shift to Glen Vaihu.

Hopefully we get Isi & Wilkin back this week as well

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Be good to see a Rebels win to keep the tables interesting.

Is Matt To'omua injured (thought i saw someone mention this somewhere)? if so Rebels aren't a realistic chance.

Hard to disagree without To'omua the Rebels odds increase significantly, I haven't seen anything to confirm this injury doubt though. I would rather the Rebels beat the Brumbies "to keep the tables interesting" :)

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Interesting from The Age.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl...bane-covid-19-cases-grow-20210330-p57f8f.html

"The NRL is set to announce by the end of the day whether Friday night’s clash between the Broncos and the Storm - originally scheduled at AAMI Park - will be moved to Sydney.

On Monday, Victoria shut its borders to anyone who has been in Brisbane since March 12. The Broncos relocated to Sydney where they plan to remain for two weeks, but fall under this category meaning they would need to gain an exemption from the Victorian government."

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Call me optimistic, but a camp style week could be a great thing for this Reds team. They've struggled in recent weeks to play better rugby than the 'lesser' team has allowed them.

Add in a weeks worth of tackling drills on the sand and I hope the Reds will be ready to go!

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
What absolute rubbish. It isn't the Reds fault if there is a covid outbreak.
Well it’s up to Rugby Australia to make it work and get the game in Melbourne. Why should the Rebels lose a home game. They have already shown they are willing to be flexible moving out home game to suit McGowan

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well it’s up to Rugby Australia to make it work and get the game in Melbourne. Why should the Rebels lose a home game. They have already shown they are willing to be flexible moving out home game to suit McGowan

And if the came cant be played in Melbourne, then its up to Rugby Australia to make sure the game can be played elsewhere. No one wins by making a team forfeit a game due to a government decision about border control.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
And if the came cant be played in Melbourne, then its up to Rugby Australia to make sure the game can be played elsewhere. No one wins by making a team forfeit a game due to a government decision about border control.
It’s up to them to move games around so it can be played in Melbourne. I am surprised this hasn’t already been done. I posted this Friday night/Saturday morning in the Rebels thread that they should of swapped the Reds and Force’s byes that way the Reds could of stayed in Sydney and been perfectly fine to come to Melbourne of the week after

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s up to them to move games around so it can be played in Melbourne. I am surprised this hasn’t already been done. I posted this Friday night/Saturday morning in the Rebels thread that they should of swapped the Reds and Force’s byes that way the Reds could of stayed in Sydney and been perfectly fine to come to Melbourne of the week after

Reds are due to play the Brumbies the week after though, and the Force are due to play the Waratahs at home on the Reds Bye week.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
it wasn't the rebels fault all last season nor the 1st 4 rounds of this season

And no one called on you guys to forfeit. Grow up. You guys would rather there not be a game for fans/players/exposure than there be a game? Shithouse childish attitude if you ask me. I wouldn't care if the reds couldn't play in QLD. May well be the case moving forward.