• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Nah no one is that spiteful, if Victoria Government wont let Reds in, then looks like the Rebels will have to meet in friendly territory. Everyone hopes it doesn't get to that point.

Why should we be forced to give up a home game? you didnt give up a home game against us last year or this yr back luck jog on

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Seriously, sometimes the Melbourne chip is more of a crevice, perhaps even a canyon... It's not like the Reds didn't do whatever they could to ensure the game goes ahead. And yes it's good that that load is being shared by more than the Force/Rebels. But it's not really a Rugby Austrlia decision, it's a multitude of State decisions and Rugby Austrlia, the Reds & Rebels have to work together for Rugby.

Reds should be favored to win this game, Reds by 14 on current form isn't unfair. But given the circumstances Rebels should be neck and neck. The Reds have actually been playing pretty poorly all season, but still just get it done. They know they'll have to be sharp against the Rebels. And perhaps a 'tour' siege mentally will help them.

At the end of the day gotta play the team in front of you, and in COVID times the circumstances in front of you.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't know why the Rebles fans are too concerned about losing a home game, its not like its a fortress it must be pretty daunting for visiting teams with the 3 screaming Rebels fans in the crowd. There has never been a season of Super Rugby where the Rebels have made AAMI Park a graveyard for visiting teams.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't know why the Rebles fans are too concerned about losing a home game, its not like its a fortress it must be pretty daunting for visiting teams with the 3 screaming Rebels fans in the crowd. There has never been a season of Super Rugby where the Rebels have made AAMI Park a graveyard for visiting teams.
Just like when you go to Suncorp and the empty seats outnumber the spectators 4 to 1

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Seriously, sometimes the Melbourne chip is more of a crevice, perhaps even a canyon... It's not like the Reds didn't do whatever they could to ensure the game goes ahead. And yes it's good that that load is being shared by more than the Force/Rebels. But it's not really a Rugby Austrlia decision, it's a multitude of State decisions and Rugby Austrlia, the Reds & Rebels have to work together for Rugby. Reds should be favored to win this game, Reds by 14 on current form isn't unfair. But given the circumstances Rebels should be neck and neck. The Reds have actually been playing pretty poorly all season, but still just get it done. They know they'll have to be sharp against the Rebels. And perhaps a 'tour' siege mentally will help them. At the end of the day gotta play the team in front of you, and in COVID times the circumstances in front of you.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

not alot of difference between 1 in 5 seats filled at Aami as 1 in 5 seats filled at suncorp (yes i know i wont be there this saturday)

nah just having some fun could be worse we could get 4K in an 80K stadium in the absolute heartland of rugby in the biggest rivalry in this country o_O

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Why should we be forced to give up a home game? you didnt give up a home game against us last year or this yr back luck jog on

Well if the alternative is no game, then surely it serves Rugby in Australia better to play a game in another state rather then not at all. I'm sure the sponsors would rather their game still be played and broadcast on tv rather then no game.

I think you're directing your frustrations at the wrong people, it wasn't the Reds or the Reds fans who forced the border closures last year.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Oh btw, know a bloke who has a cousin married to a bloke who sold a kebab to the bloke that washes the ball boy at the storms dads car & dictator dan is looking like he will let the broncos in. They played in Brisbane last weekend & the reds flew down when fri? looks like everything will be fine

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What is actually the most likely solution at this stage?

The bloke from the Australian on nrl 360 said that the storm are very confident that the game will go ahead on friday & have been working well with the state govt. which means the reds should be fine

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
By your reasoning all rebels games should have been forfeited last season.

Probably should check what happened last season, and it is a poor analogy for this one. Better one is Rebs swapping our Brums games to accommodate the Force. Until this week the Reds have had to sacrifice comparatively nothing, and the Rebels so much. Maybe acknowledge there is alot of hurt and a healthy dose of schadenfreude happening down here.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Seriously, sometimes the Melbourne chip is more of a crevice, perhaps even a canyon. It's not like the Reds didn't do whatever they could to ensure the game goes ahead.
sorry I have to call bull shit on that, what ever they could? They should have flown to Melbourne on Sunday morning at the latest, even Saturday night after the game. The restrictions with Brisbane had not come into play and all they would have had to do is a test and wait for a result. Staying in Sydney helped, but was still not the best option.