• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 10, 2018 - Bulls vs Rebels - Saturday 21 April @ Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
*snip
I don't want to see Hodge at 13 again, his weakest position accross the backline.
*snip

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Hodge at 13 was definitely worth a go. Lots of people (including me) had the idea that his skill set would be ideal for 13. Seems like we were wrong :)

Hodge/English has been our best mid field combo this year but I would like to see Hodge/Tuipolotu given a run at some point.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone else up for this game? Understandable if not after this horror run of aussie games this weekend.

I predict the loss of Genia will be unsurmountable and the Bulls will run away in the end by at least 12+.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone else up for this game? Understandable if not after this horror run of aussie games this weekend.

I predict the loss of Genia will be unsurmountable and the Bulls will run away in the end by at least 12+.

Edit: as I clicked post, Strauss crashes over in the 5th minute after a complete rookie error by Maddocks. This could be painful.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
JD misses his 2nd penalty for the night at the 15th minute. Both relatively easy penalties too.

Score remains 7-0.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Jesse Kriel regathers a small little chip over from a Bulls maul about 20m out and runs it in unopposed.

14 - 3.
Rebels looking uninspired and that they'd rather be anywhere else.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
How can a knock on advantage go for so long? This ref is as clueless as I have seen

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Meakes comes on to the field for DHP at the 30th minute. Maddocks shifts to fullback, English to wing. This feels awfully reminiscent of a few weeks back, AFL score incoming.

DHP is off for a shoulder injury so permanent sub I imagine.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels score a nice try and JD converts it.

Now only 11 points behind which is just enough for me to keep watching and inevitably watch the Bulls score again and again and punish me for getting my hopes up.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck me Marika is an absolute tackling machine. What great pressure by him. That should be shown to every kid ever as the best kick chase education.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Two new props for Rebels come on at the 50th minute mark, Ainsley and Fereti seem to have given some stability in their first scrum.

Excited to see Fereti get some decent game time.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wow the ref got that call right there from the ref. I'm impressed, definitely expected a some form of penalty/YC against Marika for that tackle without the ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Uelese goes off injured only a few minutes after entering the fray. Seems to have done something to a nerve/tendon in his upper arm.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Bulls put nail in coffin with 8 minutes to go after scoring from a quick tap. Bulls lead 28-10.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Much better second half, Bulls have been way more physical and look fitter alround, well worth their win. On a second note SA commentators make Kearns and Marto seem impartial

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Why on Earth have we an injuries scrum half on the field when there is a fresh player on the bench.

We have been dreadful, sorry Weasels but the team looks slow and flat and no where near good enough. Time to step out of your comfort zone cause this game plan is so easy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.