• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 12, Rebels v Crusaders - Friday 4 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
and another thing ,,, we dont seem to be able to read the game ( it easy from the sofa !) but against the Stormers the ref was obviously looking hard for infringements from the defending side , instead of seeing this and holding the ball and letting them get penalised we kick the ball to them and get the shit penalised out of us ,,

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nervous for Sa'aga. I've been impressed with him in recent weeks but a full 60 minutes up against Owen Franks is no easy challenge.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
and another thing ,,, we dont seem to be able to read the game ( it easy from the sofa !) but against the Stormers the ref was obviously looking hard for infringements from the defending side , instead of seeing this and holding the ball and letting them get penalised we kick the ball to them and get the shit penalised out of us ,,

This is why I think we made a massive balls with our captain selection, he just does not know how to talk to refs.
Nervous for Sa'aga. I've been impressed with him in recent weeks but a full 60 minutes up against Owen Franks is no easy challenge.

His going to kill it, his been impressive and seems more than ready to step up to starting prop.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
His going to kill it, his been impressive and seems more than ready to step up to starting prop.

Yeah he says he's raring to go, he thinks this will be his biggest test yet.

I think his running game is seriously underrated and in the next few weeks we'll see a few more victims/speed bumps pass under him.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So lovely Melbourne weather should make the game tighter

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
First of all, there is no way that ball actually went forward at all, it CLEARLY did not go FORWARD.
Second, the defender knocked it out with his hand so it can't be a bloody knock on to begin with.

How are rugby referees so inept?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
It's hard to believe the Rebels are in this at halftime to be honest. I don't think they have anything at all to offer in attack.

Then again, they've taken advantage of their opportunity so that's probably just as good isn't it.

If the Crusaders cut the errors (early), they should blow this game out.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's hard to believe the Rebels are in this at halftime to be honest. I don't think they have anything at all to offer in attack.
theyve barely had the ball yet.

although how about that Rebels island leaguie on the wing diving horizontally at the props shins instead of even attempting a tackle haha

conversely, cantabs love their goalline stands. all that Braveheart shit, one for all etc, they lap that up with their team culture thing
ps Beavis Drummond for the All Blacks? GTFO

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Kicking penalties is out of fashion eh.. A man down, straight in front, free 3 points.

Tries work too I guess.

/snip

ps Beavis Drummond for the All Blacks? GTFO

When did this become a thing? Has every other halfback left the country?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Turning it off in boredom and frustration. Rebels have been awful. Given every chance to be in it but not getting it done. Pathetic.

Agreed. They don't look like they've trained together at all. Attack is totally flacid, ball retention is non existant, discipline is poor. They play so, so slow and deep. Without Genia there is no spark.

I'm annoyed that I can't find a stream for the Force game from here (I live in Berlin these days).

Wish I could just see Australian teams play teams of equal quality, week-in-week-out, with at least one Australian team winning in each clash.

Bring on the World Series Rugby - Super Rugby is dead (at least for Australian fans). I don't give a single fuck about SA or the Sunwolves, and I'm sick of getting walloped by New Zealand.

I can't wait for the NRC.

And before anyone asks - no - I'm not a Force fan - it's just my logo from showing my support for them when the cutting process was occurring. I'm a Tahs man.

Status
Not open for further replies.