• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 12, Rebels v Crusaders - Friday 4 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Worst scrum half in Australian rugby by a country mile

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can somebody please explain this.

We make about 25 meters through 3 or 4 phases all going forward. We move in to out half and the bloody scrummie kicks it, no chance of recovery.

In this instance they score at the other end and follow it up with another off the restart.

I'd be pissed off at Ruru but Genia has been doing it too.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I mean honestly! I know the game is dead but how can these refs be so POOR!

That winger placed the ball after getting tackled, lying completely on the floor he plays the ball again. He rules a knock on against the other guy. I wonder how they monitor standards these days.

insert Bill O'Reilly yelling "Bush League" gif

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Lopeti Timani at least had a few good carries. Can’t even switch it to the World Series because they’ve got some horrible band playing.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Lopeti Timani at least had a few good carries. Can’t even switch it to the World Series because they’ve got some horrible band playing.

Is that the 8? He was alright yeah. Genia still has some spark but the rest are just torrid.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Disappointing but not unexpected given Crusaders winning streak atm. The point differential hurts most.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think it's both 12 and 13 that's hurting the Rebels. The combos just have not clicked.

Would like to see Sefa given a run at 13, it's the position he made the break through in NRC and club.
seen a few calls for Sefa to go to 13. That first NRC year the defences were paper thin and he had all his speed back then. I don't see it working but to be honest they might as well try because nothing else has really gone close.

It's times like this that I miss Inman. I thought 13 was his best position. (and no, I am not Daz in disguise)

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another disgraceful Aussie performance. Why do they look so lost when one man goes off.
I lack the size (and fitness these days) but I've got a lot more rugby smarts than most of these guys. If the Crusaders defense was up so fast why no chips or grubbers. They've got to try something different. It's the same ol' plodding stuff each week. Either Wessels is not the man that others have been talking of or these guys are brain-dead. I don't think it's effort as they were obviously trying.
I usually like Ruru but he had a shocker.
Debrezini is soft.
The Fijian wingers were both poor - why do we get the poor ones? (Isi is not a winger!)

Positives (and Yes, I am scraping here) :
The front row stood up against one of the best packs in the comp. except for two slips just before and after halftime (well, compared to last week).
I thought Rangi was good - lots of low tackles and didn't seem to miss many.
Others that stood out amongst the dross - Mafi & Hodge (despite the Yellow).
Even the laziest big man I've seen got through some good charges when he came on.

BTW, why is it that even when NZ teams do things poorly, it always seems to come off. I don't have the skills to go back through this game, or others that I have watched recently, and make up an example video but I wish I did so I could get my point across better. I have seen quite a few bounce passes from Kiwi teams recently and they always still end up with the ball. If an Aussie guy manages to knock back a kickoff or a bad pass it still goes back to a kiwi player. I could go on but it struck me how well they manage to make a bad situation good. I would even say this includes bounces of the ball. It's almost like a rugby god is looking over them. On the other hand, this never seems to happen to any of the Aussie players or teams.
Is it skill (a lot of it may be but I'm here to say some of it isn't)? Is it just luck (not mathematically possible all the time)? Is it because they work so hard off the ball? Could be part of the reason - but not always...for example there was a point in the game when a pass was a bit high for a back line player and it went straight through his hands. Blow me down, it went straight to the guy outside him. It was definitely not skill as there was no way he meant that...but it still came off. This almost never happens for the Aussies. This is just one example but it seems to happen all the time. What is it???

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So when Genia went off the score was 10 all. That was 45 unanswered points with him off the field.

Some players in this squad I just don't understand, would not be second string at a shute shield side let alone super rugby side.

Did not expect to win, but to lose like that in the 2nd half is disgraceful, and I'm starting to think Weasels needs to go. Players arguing on the pitch and no leadership is not a good reflection on him.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Really not sure I can see Koroibete in the Wallabies after that performance, what has happened in the last 8 months? Looks to be way down on pace and aggression. Perhaps still carrying an injury or never got over one from before. Really need to look into the eligibility of Daugunu before the World Cup.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rebels need a 10, quade needs ahome. cut a deal with the reds and pay part of his salary to get him down there if he wants to play with genia.

Meakes and Hodge is a rubbish 12/13 combo. Both showing why neither should be wallaby inside backs (let alone a 10 in hodges case) with poor communication in organising defence.

Maddocks looking like the inexperienced youth he is when in a position of reponsibility of structure like a 15 is.

Too many forwards looking to be the next runner as opposed to securing the ball.

How many times do the players want to have poor chat between them, leading 2 people to go for 1 guy, whilst the offload then goes to someone unmanned. Rebels players always going for the ball carrier, never shutting down the options.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So when Genia went off the score was 10 all. That was 45 unanswered points with him off the field.

Some players in this squad I just don't understand, would not be second string at a shute shield side let alone super rugby side.

Did not expect to win, but to lose like that in the 2nd half is disgraceful, and I'm starting to think Weasels needs to go. Players arguing on the pitch and no leadership is not a good reflection on him.

Wessels bubble definitely burst for on paper rebels have decent players but as a team they are a disorganised and uninspiring rabble.

I mean would you really want to go and pay to watch the sort of rubbish like tonight and for many weeks they have fished up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They are horrible and are just as horrible now, with double the players, as they were before.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes at this point rebels of last season are almost more watchable!!!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Turning it off in boredom and frustration. Rebels have been awful. Given every chance to be in it but not getting it done. Pathetic.
Yep I pretty much hit the fast forward after half time..never watch live anymore as know more chance will be fast forwarding or deleting taped oz super rugby team games

Status
Not open for further replies.