• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5, Waratahs vs Rebels - Sunday 18 March @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
To be fair to Coleman and others it was a tough day to stand out as a forward given the weather conditions, especially if he was still carrying a bit of an injury. Also lesser impact on the game was correlated with those who wear head gear.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Man, Beale, Foley and Izzy just tore us apart in the second half. Jack D has this habit of taking the ball static and shoveling it off. He'd do well to watch how KB (Kurtley Beale) and Foley hold the defence and make space for their outside runners.

I reckon the Rebels will be getting a pasting on the training track this week.

Tex I am not sure how much of a pasting the Rebels will get on the training track this week. Rebels played in 38 degree heat and have a five day turnaround.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Tex I am not sure how much of a pasting the Rebels will get on the training track this week. Rebels played in 38 degree heat and have a five day turnaround.
Rebels press conference Dave says they trained hard early last week. Short turn around and would need one or two extra recovery sessions after that heat. Id guess would be recovery today and tomorrow, one full session on Wednesday and captains run Thursday.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Rebels just need to take a leaf from Waratahs book. Tahs stank against Jaguars when they had been travelling quite well. Obviously had some soul searching and got back on track. Rebels had some easy games to start, looked good, but got a reality check. I think they've got the squad to turn things around. A good week for Aussie rugby:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
https://www.facebook.com/foxrugby/videos/1627382823963875/

These - 'player mic'ed up' videos are always good fun and a little disappointing at the same time. They have KB (Kurtley Beale) and Hodge on this one. It's sort of like that "never meet your heroes" theory, the players look so much more composed when you can't hear what they're saying.

At one stage Izzy said to KB (Kurtley Beale), "Even when you think there's no space just give it to me, I'll create something.". That sort of explains him doesn't it..... Interesting that he said that to KB (Kurtley Beale) as well who arguably has the best vision for space. Good that Izzy backs himself at least I guess?

Also I loved that inspiring post-try chat by Captain Courageous Coleman, "We knew it wasn't going to be easy, you don't just come to someone's house and they just let you walk in the door".

Very easy for me to criticise what they're saying in the (40 degree) heat of the moment from my armchair though! I'm sure I wouldn't say much better.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There have been some crackers. Quade and Hunt last year were pretty good. I remember Josh Holmes in the NRC a few years ago being brilliant.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At one stage Izzy said to KB (Kurtley Beale), "Even when you think there's no space just give it to me, I'll create something.". That sort of explains him doesn't it... Interesting that he said that to KB (Kurtley Beale) as well who arguably has the best vision for space. Good that Izzy backs himself at least I guess?

I quite like it on the basis that it was whilst the Tahs were struggling and getting pretty soundly beaten by the Rebels.

Izzy putting his hand up and saying he's the one who will get them out of trouble is good in my view. Whilst it's a different sport, it's somewhat like the basketballer wanting the ball in their hands for the pressure shot to win the game. You want guys with the confidence to say that they'll take on that responsibility.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I quite like it on the basis that it was whilst the Tahs were struggling and getting pretty soundly beaten by the Rebels.

Izzy putting his hand up and saying he's the one who will get them out of trouble is good in my view. Whilst it's a different sport, it's somewhat like the basketballer wanting the ball in their hands for the pressure shot to win the game. You want guys with the confidence to say that they'll take on that responsibility.

They were basically playing basketball by the end anyway, so not that different.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
https://www.facebook.com/foxrugby/videos/1627382823963875/

These - 'player mic'ed up' videos are always good fun and a little disappointing at the same time. They have KB (Kurtley Beale) and Hodge on this one. It's sort of like that "never meet your heroes" theory, the players look so much more composed when you can't hear what they're saying.

How about Beale telling Taqele "that's the T I want to see every week." Very indicative of how much Beale is a leader within the group and how far he has come since those dire Melbourne days.

Status
Not open for further replies.