• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round Three: Rebels v Cheetahs, Friday 28 Feb, AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Damn the Rebels looked good, from the match replay. McGahan and co. have really overhauled the team's play, notably in defence. And to be so well drilled for the first game of the year, such was the accuracy in attack to score, what was it, 5/6 tries, and shut down the Cheetahs to the point where they couldn't build phases and momentum.

Looks like the Rebels could practice their kicking, and maul defence, though.

It would take a fool to bet against the Rebels finishing in the top 3 of the Aussie conference.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Head butt happened right in front us , disgrace, best game i have seen Inman play , Luke Jones is a greet forward , lineout throw was dodgy , how did the ref get on covered in Orange ! very hard to see . The thing is Rebels wont get away with all that against the Brumbies ,

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have to say, as a real neutral,I was damned pleased to see how well Rebels went, thoroghly enjoyed game!! As for crowd they deserve more, so may sneak down when Reds play Rebels down there, with a few mates , there will be no drinking or anything of course!!

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyone explain the cheetahs try? The first one. Why no obstruction. Maul but no defenders attached so not a maul?

The Rebels came off, the Cheetahs didn't "switch lanes" so therefore it's still the same maul and the Cheetahs can keep moving. It was just a damn good maul.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Rebels came off, the Cheetahs didn't "switch lanes" so therefore it's still the same maul and the Cheetahs can keep moving. It was just a damn good maul.

I disagree. There were still Cheetahs players bound to Rebels players from the original maul.

Three players broke away from the back of the original maul and the player with the ball was behind the others when they next contacted a Rebels defender. I definitely think it was offside.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I disagree. There were still Cheetahs players bound to Rebels players from the original maul.

Three players broke away from the back of the original maul and the player with the ball was behind the others when they next contacted a Rebels defender. I definitely think it was offside.

I'll have another look at it but when I watched it in real-time it looked ok.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
i think they wont be too disappointed with the crowd. almost 11K for a game against a south african team. the brumbies only got 13k last week and the tahs a disputable 16,00 on a sunday arvo.
if the rebs can win away next week, then we should see 15K + against the crusaders

More tickets had been sold for the Crusaders game than what was at the Cheetahs game by Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.