• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There was a 0-28 score recorded against MMM Colts 3 in round 2 against the M2B. There are no player names recorded on that team sheet on the NSW Rugby web site. 28-0 is the usual score that is recorded for a forfeit, and the absence of any team sheets reinforces that.

Not a good sign for a proud club that usually has robust player numbers in the Colts programme. IIRC the MMM were in the 2014 GF in Colts 2&3 losing both by very skinny margins.
last year set the platform for this year.
all 3 grades were out of finals contention well before the end of the year IIRC.
Probably explains why numbers are lower this year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There was a 0-28 score recorded against MMM Colts 3 in round 2 against the M2B. There are no player names recorded on that team sheet on the NSW Rugby web site. 28-0 is the usual score that is recorded for a forfeit, and the absence of any team sheets reinforces that.

Not a good sign for a proud club that usually has robust player numbers in the Colts programme. IIRC the MMM were in the 2014 GF in Colts 2&3 losing both by very skinny margins.

That correct. My information was that the M2B game was also a forfeit.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is this fact? If so it's a shame. Surely the benchwarmers would be better off playing for Manly so they, Manlys opposition and the few existing Marlins players all get game time each week?

If it's the club I'm thinking of, I think that they lent Manly players when they played each other so the 3rd grade game could go ahead.

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
I am not sure which club has 45 bench warmers. I doubt the players will sit on the bench for long without game time

At Gordon our 4th grade Colts play in the Subbies Radford Cup (I think that is what it is called) - not ideal but it gets everyone a game each week and for home games we can play all 4 grades at Chatswood.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I am not sure which club has 45 bench warmers. I doubt the players will sit on the bench for long without game time

At Gordon our 4th grade Colts play in the Subbies Radford Cup (I think that is what it is called) - not ideal but it gets everyone a game each week and for home games we can play all 4 grades at Chatswood.

Pity that there aren't 4 grades of colts anymore. Back in the 00s, Gordon were one of the clubs which voted to get rid of 4th grade colts..

Norfolk & Chance

Peter Burge (5)
Is this fact? If so it's a shame. Surely the benchwarmers would be better off playing for Manly so they, Manlys opposition and the few existing Marlins players all get game time each week?

A number of the bench warmers have left but there are still plenty left, at least 20 per week plus the injured boys. i don't think Eastwood have played Manly yet.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A number of the bench warmers have left but there are still plenty left, at least 20 per week plus the injured boys. i don't think Eastwood have played Manly yet.

Wasn't Eastwood - a club closer to the centre of the city, who traditionally have plenty of bench warmers.

Those clubs used to have plenty of bench warmers when there were 4 grades of colts - no wonder that they have so many with only 3 grades.

The Grass Cutter

Frank Row (1)
IIRC the MMM were in the 2014 GF in Colts 2&3 losing both by very skinny margins.

Correct; an ex-teammate of mine played in those fixtures, and insists that, were it not for the atrocious weather (Foreshaw seemingly under a half-foot of water), they would have got up in 2nd colts.

In talking with quite a few Marlins current and ex-colts, I get the impression that they are in some ways suffering now because of that success. They had so many good players across all 3 colts grades in 2014. Consequently, a number of younger guys who may have still been finding their feet at that point were unable to get a real look-in at Manly. When that huge 2014 contingent graduated beyond U/20s, it seemed to leave a huge gap in all three teams. And with so few returning players, the colts program seemed to suffer immensely.

This is entirely anecdotal (and accoridngly can pretty easily be dismissed), but I felt that there was minimal difference in skill levels between their 2014 3rd colts and 2015 1st colts teams that I played against.

Maybe it is worth it for clubs to try and more equitably manage their playing time for each age group on a year-to-year basis? As I understand, Northern Suburbs were struggling quite badly for numbers earlier this year for similar reasons.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit more out of the colts "loop" than last year.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
grassy I don't know that the success of previous years for northern suburbs was the issue. Its my understanding, and judging by jarses previous posts over the years, that this club has rarely had more than 60 registered colts, generally around the low 50 mark from memory. Yet, and please correct me if I'm wrong, have they not been in the finals (maybe in all 3 grades) over the past few years?
In being at a few clubs, the main issue, in my opinion, is guys committing to a club in their first year, and then, the club going on the "recruit" better players in competing positions. Coaches feel that winning can be bought, but, making the players better, will keep them there, and ensure success.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
grassy I don't know that the success of previous years for northern suburbs was the issue. Its my understanding, and judging by jarses previous posts over the years, that this club has rarely had more than 60 registered colts, generally around the low 50 mark from memory. Yet, and please correct me if I'm wrong, have they not been in the finals (maybe in all 3 grades) over the past few years?
In being at a few clubs, the main issue, in my opinion, is guys committing to a club in their first year, and then, the club going on the "recruit" better players in competing positions. Coaches feel that winning can be bought, but, making the players better, will keep them there, and ensure success.

Hmm - interest contributions.
I think bits and pieces are correct.
Strong juniors coming through because of parents also investing allot of quality volunteer time also has a big impact.
Changes of coaches can also have an impact - both good coaches as well, but relationships built up over the years is valuable. I think one or two quality players that had been worked on for a number of years - ended up going to league.
See I see the talent is still there, it just needs to be captured.
On that, current coach is building -
how many games have Gordon lost this year (who beat them).
uni was ahead by 3 against 14 men with about 15 to go. Apparently a cracking game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I like the idea of 18 but it is the year of either HSC, or escaping / entering the big world with other distractions.
I also like the idea of old school U21 colts.
The good players can step up to grade as they do now anyway.
The ones that aren't ready get another year.
Jersey Fleg is also U20, and its a monumental step into ?? if union had colts at u21 it could give all the boys not picked up some where to go and play.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 6 Team Lists
Southern Districts v Eastwood
W. McMahon Memorial Shield (1st Grade Colts)
Southern Districts: 1. Jacob Storey, 2. Sama Mololo, 3. Ezra Mololo, 4. Damian Johnson, 5. Pat Kuenzle, 6. Tom Lane, 7. Dom McGrath, 8. Harry McLennan, 9. Liam O'Connor, 10. Brock Hammond, 11. Jack Conen, 12. Franky Calgulay, 13. Ryan Carmody, 14. William Latu, 15. Te Orangi Thompson
Eastwood: 1. Jack Morrison, 2. Max Stewart, 3. Ryhs Sherrif, 4. Liam Robson, 5. Charles Granger, 6. Jacob Bamford, 7. Lachlan Anderson, 8. Nick Dolly, 9. Liam Baker, 10. Hugh Yates, 11. Barton Picone, 12. Jayden Stokes, 13. Lachlan Burland, 14. Charles Sheppard, 15. Chris Orpen

Shell Trophy (2nd Grade Colts)
Southern Districts: 1. Nathan Ford, 2. Gareth Thomas, 3. Lachlan King, 4. Max Freeman, 5. Karaitiana Sa'u, 6. Lachlan Hennessey, 7. Henry Robertson, 8. Chase Paea, 9. Ben Lewis, 10. Daniel Bell, 11. Brodie Ford, 12. Zac Stewart, 13. Cooper Harris, 14. James Finch, 15. Nathan McIlveen
Eastwood: 1. Nereg Nazarian, 2. Max Behan, 3. Liam Northbridge, 4. Andy Graham, 5. Jared Odgers, 6. Zac Simpson, 7. Hamish Fisher, 8. Angus Spicer, 9. Tom Graham, 10. Matt Moore, 11. Denzel Singleton, 12. Mauni Pahulu, 13. Josh So, 14. Tom Koodrin, 15. Daniel Macqueen

Bill Simpson Shield (3rd Grade Colts)
Southern Districts: 1. Sam Iuta, 2. Mitch Howse, 3. Robert Wilson, 4. Jacob Fetui, 5. Simiki lufe, 6. Brandon Kemp, 7. Evan Jenkins, 8. Dante Patrick, 9. Thomas Clark, 10. Ryan Sorrell, 11. Zane Pratt, 12. Fatu Faanu, 13. Keanan Walker, 14. Blake Taylor, 15. Gordon Enari
Eastwood: 1. Duncan Ryan, 2. Daniel Harvey, 3. Jayden Taylor, 4. Jake Georgas, 5. Lachlan Goodacre, 6. Daniel Ryan, 7. Cameron Goodacre, 8. Daniel Gilbert, 9. Joel Edwards, 10. Junior Pale, 11. Daniel Wu, 12. Milad Ferris, 13. Joshua Hendricks, 14. Murdoch Powell, 15. Sam Irvine

Eastern Suburbs v Gordon
Eastern Suburbs: 1. James King, 2. Dylan Woods, 3. Cody Walker, 4. Luke Porter, 5. James Shipway, 6. Will Picone, 7. Tom Mahony, 8. James Donato, 9. Ted Pye (c), 10. Joe Mackie, 11. Declan Quin, 12. Dan England, 13. Ned Yeomans, 14. Jake Prindiville, 15. Dan Donato
Gordon: 1. Rob Lacinski, 2. Hosea Fotukava, 3. Jack Bowditch, 4. Beau Petterson, 5. Jack Margin, 6. Nic Burkett, 7. James Lough, 8. Brett Van Zyl, 9. Steve Kirkby, 10. James Dainton, 11. Rory Vevers, 12. Sam Lawson, 13. Sione Afu, 14. Marcus Hundt, 15. Josh Thorndyke

Eastern Suburbs: 1. Jai Gunton, 2. Will Foxton, 3. Moffat Moloney, 4. Ed Ryan, 5. Lachlan Sharp, 6. Phil Pymer, 7. Charlie Yole, 8. David Ballantyne, 9. Louis Collins, 10. Jayden Wright, 11. James Coppola, 12. Jordan Bracewell, 13. Talavou Faumuina, 14. Will Hicks, 15. Dylan Luisi
Gordon: 1. Alex Hancock, 2. Alex Hamilton, 3. Brandon Fernandes, 4. William Halliday, 5. Elliot Gherig, 6. Campbell Clifford, 7. Lachlan Archer, 8. Hamish Phipps, 9. Sam Reimer, 10. Matt Long, 11. Sam Frankham, 12. Dave Smerdon, 13. Lachlan Phillips, 14. Dom Mete, 15. Conor Hurley

Eastern Suburbs: 1. Andrew Bland, 2. Charlie Cooper, 3. Nick Zylstra, 4. Charlie Cam, 5. Jack Somerton, 6. Will Woodgate, 7. Jackson Lindsay, 8. Nick Parrelli, 9. James Williams, 10. Roy Harrison, 11. Will Somerton, 12. Callum Anthony, 13. Llyod Evens, 14. James Parrelli, 15. Brae Roebuck
Gordon: 1. Mawin Jansen, 2. Eric Stene, 3. Oliver Harradine, 4. Will Ryan, 5. Jordan Small, 6. Bennett Jiang, 7. Nick Slaven, 8. Simon Pursell, 9. Matthew Hayes, 10. Tom Gall, 11. Matthew Renshaw, 12. Angus Margin, 13. Rory Cramb, 14. Tim Taylor, 15. Tom Skelly

Northern Suburbs v Parramatta
Northern Suburbs: 1. Jakob Sedgman, 2. Evan Pritchard, 3. Tyler Key, 4. Will Finley, 5. Paddy Olver, 6. Jack Preece, 7. Mat Psaltis, 8. Hugh Taylor, 9. Josh Lynch, 10. Connor Winchester, 11. Conor Menzies, 12. Charlie King, 13. Nick Clancy, 14. Shaun Townsend, 15. Dom Naylor
Parramatta: 1. Jordan Loto'Aniu, 2. Jacob Bristowe, 3. Dylan Valeni, 4. Ben Talamaivao, 5. Joel Divertie, 6. Harvard Mau, 7. Brandon Faavae-Eli, 8. Otto-Louis Wendt, 9. Terry Fanolua, 10. Josh Tupuola, 11. Les Pauulu, 12. Luke Delailoa, 13. Solomon Pita, 14. Toti Mafi, 15. Jaydon Lonergan

Northern Suburbs: 1. Lochie Adair, 2. John King, 3. Jordi Nikopolous, 4. Alex Ironside, 5. Wim Davies, 6. Ben Jeavons Fellows, 7. Jake Hedge, 8. Oliver Stump, 9. Harry Emery, 10. Zac Compton, 11. Harry Cudmore, 12. Laquand Ofahengaue, 13. Simon Johnston, 14. Andre Bez, 15. Gabe Cooper
Parramatta: 1. Mark Hanslow, 2. Tua Luluaialii, 3. Lorenzo Ma'a, 4. Romado Tuigamala, 5. William Ravoka, 6. Fergus Ryan, 7. John Wesley, 8. Liam Faoagali, 9. Hayden Lloyd, 10. Dallas Paterson, 11. Jeremiah Malauulu, 12. Raka Poaru, 13. Josh Delailoa, 14. Terek Riwai, 15. Mike Patea

Northern Suburbs: 1. Liam Macwhite, 2. Gus Irons, 3. Bailey O’Donnell, 4. Tom Wilson, 5. Jamie Pickwell, 6. Ryan Owen, 7. Hamish Moore, 8. Will McCawe, 9. Chris Vandoros, 10. Todd Owen, 11. Liam Ford, 12. Tom McKellar, 13. Sam Clements, 14. Angus Morgan, 15. Liki Failagi Nadredre
Parramatta: 1. Netane Talonoa, 2. Hatoni Hafoka, 3. Josh Tupuola, 4. Christian Maccarthy, 5. Lachlan Natapu, 6. Joash Murray, 7. Danyon Morris, 8. Peni Tuitupou, 9. Mick Zakhia, 10. Zac Bristowe, 11. Fadi Eid, 12. Riley Alcorn, 13. Zac Tuala, 14. Steve Lemalu, 15. Peni Maitatini

Manly v Randwick
Manly: 1. Ben Murphy, 2. Felix Marot, 3. Conor Davidson, 4. Van Stewart, 5. Kevin O'Connor, 6. Harry Chapman, 7. Matthew Schofield ©, 8. Scott Williams, 9. Jack Young, 10. Ben Crerar, 11. Dylan Bindczus, 12. Joseph Williams, 13. Jonte Kaplan, 14. David Stenning, 15. Fraser Toohey
Randwick: 1. Hame Tali, 2. Tonga Tangatau, 3. Harry Chapman, 4. Nathaniel Gittoes, 5. Tom Pirrodi, 6. Sam Musgrove, 7. Jack Hayson, 8. Justin Cooper, 9. Paddy Rumble, 10. Reegan Carr, 11. Sepesa Tarogi, 12. Hamish Gordon, 13. James Ramm, 14. Jack Harrison, 15. Billy Freeman

Manly: 1. Dom Duran, 2. Hayden Jones, 3. Christian Barwell, 4. Byron Leach, 5. Cameron Signorini, 6. Oliver Parker, 7. Auvaa (Junior) Amituanai, 8. Iosefo Sialii, 9. Jamie Troup, 10. Jared Palmer, 11. Lawrence Gay, 12. Kai Lackner, 13. Lachlan Miller, 14. Hugo Lumsdaine, 15. Nicholas Lising-White
Randwick: 1. Kieran Bonin, 2. DJ Tifa, 3. Billy Finch, 4. Lemeke Taumopeau, 5. Esei Ha'angana, 6. Alec Corcoran, 7. Lochie Simpson, 8. Ryan Kenny Wilson, 9. Sam Horwitz, 10. Pat Pelligrini, 11. Ethan McGuigan, 12. Dan Boardman, 13. Zac Trinkler, 14. Tyrell Naleeba, 15. Dion Narayan

Manly: 1. Zac Saunders, 2. Isa Abdullah, 3. Dom Duran, 4. Bailey Frost, 5. Max Grimes, 6. Isaac Houston, 7. Rhett Connolly, 8. Sau Ofahengaue, 9. Connor Mcgrath, 10. Lachlan Armstrong, 11. Daniel Heap, 12. Daniel Tuipulotu, 13. Tyler Jones, 14. John-Michael Lupton, 15. Tevita Faulao
Randwick: 1. Sam Hunt, 2. Harrison Stein, 3. Manisela Fetikoa, 4. Morehu Pahuru, 5. Tom Nowlan, 6. Joe Whitelock, 7. Kyle Park, 8. Tupou Tila, 9. Guy Beynon, 10. Greg Svandfelds, 11. Josh Reader, 12. Jimmy Tregurtha, 13. Reece Macintosh, 14. Jack Goode, 15. Louis Anderson

Sydney University v Warringah
Sydney University: 1. Alex Massima, 2. Tom Horton, 3. Holmes Harry-Johnson, 4. Peter Fenwicke, 5. Tom Willson, 6. Tom Summerhayes, 7. Lincoln Whiteley, 8. Nick Champion de Crespigny, 9. Banjo Travers, 10. Theo Strang, 11. Ed King, 12. Luke Lough, 13. Will McDonnell, 14. Jaydon Fa'avea-eli, 15. Sam Renton
Warringah: 1. Robert Hill, 2. Jack Nettleton, 3. Richie Tupou, 4. Cael Carmont, 5. Andrew Davies ©, 6. Luke Hurditch, 7. Luke Milham, 8. Wes Thomas, 9. Josh Bate, 10. John Ferguson, 11. Puni Aupuni, 12. Jerry Lemalu, 13. Eserah Chee-Kam, 14. Nathan Robertson, 15. Josh Thompson

Sydney University: 1. Jay Spencer, 2. Patrick O'Doherty, 3. Aiden Brown, 4. Sean O'Bryne, 5. Harrison Petkovich, 6. Tim Hingano, 7. Lewis Oswald, 8. Davis Jensen, 9. Jack London, 10. Callum Styles, 11. Nathaniel Tamwoy, 12. Toby Cooke, 13. Tim McCutcheon, 14. Alex MacDonald, 15. Ethan Miller
Warringah: 1. Ben Rooney, 2. Andy Lloyd ©, 3. Tom Newman, 4. Lachlan McMahon, 5. Jamie Harrison, 6. Kobe Gillard, 7. Bryce Reneman, 8. Kurtis Stariha, 9. Rhett Butler, 10. Tim White, 11. Owen Chun, 12. Sam Gainsford, 13. Conor Bradshaw, 14. Tom Condon, 15. Danny Lautolo

Sydney University: 1. Connor O'Doherty, 2. Langley Ammit, 3. Claude Platell, 4. Angus Chapman, 5. Brad Hauville, 6. James Goddard, 7. Hugh Finlay, 8. Dane Stephens, 9. Ben Halmarick, 10. Daniel Poletto, 11. Tom Farnell, 12. Max Indge, 13. Harry Croker, 14. Ahmad Elbatoory, 15. Connor Farnell
Warringah: 1. Josh Foster, 2. Nick Cain, 3. Kyle Nettleton, 4. Conor Doherty, 5. Lachlan Begg, 6. Callum Powers, 7. Charlie Rowntree, 8. Pat La Tarocca, 9. Lachlan Grant, 10. Tom McBryde, 11. Daniel Chun, 12. Morgan Wagner, 13. Josh Gapes, 14. DallasMcKinnon, 15. Sam Groom

Penrith v West Harbour
Penrith: 1. Isaac Baldock, 2. Isaac Harrison, 3. John Pene, 4. Tuimasi Katafono, 5. Zeek Mafi, 6. Hamish Matthews, 7. Delahoya Manu, 8. Tom Taufa, 9. Jye Clapham, 10. Sam Limbrey, 11. Poasa Nakaivalu, 12. Ezekiel Seia, 13. James Papu, 14. Sam Tauilili, 15. Aidan Hopping
West Harbour: 1. Paul Utaatu, 2. Tameti Lomax, 3. Christian Peterika, 4. Pilimi Felila, 5. Max Harper, 6. Ray Wilson, 7. Luke Collins, 8. Drew Denford, 9. Dante Otto, 10. Matt Thomas, 11. Jacob Taylor, 12. Danny Wilson, 13. Chris Ebling, 14. Easu Taetuli, 15. Connor Moran

Penrith: 1. Assad Collins, 2. Trey Ropata, 3. Daniel Vaega, 4. Solomona Iosefa, 5. Sefo Lalaga, 6. Mat Faoagli, 7. Matt Lawson, 8. Matt Dritti, 9. Leonardo, 10. Chris Nielson, 11. Wirremu King, 12. Thorne Piilua, 13. Ezra Kemp, 14. Jarrod Purcell, 15. Ken Mildwater
West Harbour: 1. Jake Donaghy , 2. Lawrence Faillia , 3. Sebastian Panama, 4. Tui Manoa , 5. Shaun Marsh , 6. Raymond Taufua, 7. Matthias Tutunoa, 8. Albert Jenson , 9. Ben Hayes, 10. Nathan Taweel , 11. Massi Panapa, 12. Haka Toitoi , 13. Kurt Kerrigan, 14. Anthony Mancuso, 15. Matty Vea

Penrith: 1. Chase Taranto, 2. Tremayne Cashman, 3. Sinapati Pati, 4. Sonasi Taungakava, 5. Epati Sale, 6. Tarei Wilson, 7. Halalika Ma Tangi, 8. Lisiate Vaihu, 9. Daniel Tuipulotu, 10. Mitch Austin, 11. Kolio Taungakava, 12. Sebastion Ofoia, 13. Bernie Saleve, 14. Vincent Mulipola, 15. Ben Meyer

West Harbour: 1. Daniel Baer, 2. Jordon Seiuli, 3. Mosese Lata, 4. David Sale, 5. Mark McDermott, 6. Lasalo Tuilagi, 7. Eli Gooding, 8. Albert A, 9. Daniel Finau/ Tim Wilson, 10. Liam Corry, 11. Viliami Tupou , 12. Paul Tau, 13. Tyrell Lavatai, 14. Matthew Rudd, 15. Sione Lynch

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 6 Results

Southern Districts 25 Eastwood 21
Gordon 34 Eastern Suburbs 20
Northern Suburbs 23 Parramatta 18
Manly 8 Randwick 22
Sydney University 36 Warringah 10
Penrith 17 West Harbour 36

Southern Districts 5 Eastwood 11
Gordon 29 Eastern Suburbs 14
Northern Suburbs 29 Parramatta 24
Manly 7 Randwick 50
Sydney University 21 Warringah 3
Penrith 7 West Harbour 45

Southern Districts 33 Eastwood 0
Gordon 22 Eastern Suburbs 19
Northern Suburbs 24 Parramatta 10
Manly 14 Randwick 36
Sydney University 17 Warringah 5
Penrith 5 West Harbour 29

Round 7 Games - 30 April
Manly v Eastwood
Gordon v Northern Suburbs
Southern Districts v Parramatta
Warringah v Penrith
Sydney University v Eastern Suburbs
Randwick v West Harbour

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Eric Spilsted Shield (Colts Club Championship) Table:
(after Round 6)
There are a maximum of 55 points available to a club each week, based on all 3 colts teams winning with a 4 try BP.

Sydney University, 300 points
Gordon, 284 points
Randwick, 240 points (up 1 place)
Northern Suburbs, 221 points (up 1)
Eastern Suburbs, 206 points (down 2)
Eastwood, 176 points
Southern Districts, 154 points (up 1)
West Harbour, 149 points (up 2)
Manly, 126 points (down 2)
Warringah, 111 points (down 2)
Parramatta, 62 points
Penrith, 16 points

How the Colts Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1168&OrgID=010100

Status
Not open for further replies.