• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Eligibility Question? If Lachlan Swinton plays in 1st grade grand final Saturday is he able to play Colts grand final Sunday? Has played 4 of the last 8 rounds in colts and would certainly be a handy acquisition for the students ..And is only 19 so has another year of eligibility

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Eligibility Question? If Lachlan Swinton plays in 1st grade grand final Saturday is he able to play Colts grand final Sunday? Has played 4 of the last 8 rounds in colts and would certainly be a handy acquisition for the students ..And is only 19 so has another year of eligibility

I believe that he cannot play as you cant play first or second grade and drop to colts, but play third or fourth grade, and you can.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
See Competition Rules Below
image.jpeg

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
hard to read but I think it says he can play Colts if he is a reserve for First Grade but not if he starts the match in First Grade.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Does that mean because grade play Saturday and Colts play Sunday he would be unable to play for colts? Grade matches being Shute Shield then reads he would be ineligible for Colts on Sunday. All games are usually played on the Saturday except in Final series. Does it mean if you play on one day for a higher grade you cannot play the following day for a lower grade ie Colts.
These competition rules need their own Google Translation button

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^^Told you it was complicated.

As SRU is an organisation run by its member clubs, any potential changes to the Competition Rules to "level" the playing field tend to be defeated or significantly watered down by the Clubs that have the most to lose from the amendment.
Doesn't matter what measures are introduced to level off the playing field, there are several certainties:
1. There will be loopholes that will be exploited,
2. There will be unintended consequences of any new measure,
3. It will always be the "other" club that is rorting the system.

There is a delicious irony when supporters and associates from some clubs complain on here, and on the sidelines, about the other clubs breaking the rules, or the spirit of the rules, particularly when that club is one of those that has continually voted to the status quo.

The rich will get richer and the poor will stay in their place.

"In the race of life, always back self interest - at least you know it's trying".

Significant change will only occur when an independent party is running the competition, and where is the money going to come from for that to occur? Until then, strap yourself in for more of the same.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
^^^^^^Told you it was complicated.

As SRU is an organisation run by its member clubs, any potential changes to the Competition Rules to "level" the playing field tend to be defeated or significantly watered down by the Clubs that have the most to lose from the amendment.

There is a delicious irony when supporters and associates from some clubs complain on here, and on the sidelines, about the other clubs breaking the rules, or the spirit of the rules, particularly when that club is one of those that has continually voted to the status quo.

The rich will get richer and the poor will stay in their place.

"In the race of life, always back self interest - at least you know it's trying".

Significant change will only occur when an independent party is running the competition, and where is the money going to come from for that to occur? Until then, strap yourself in for more of the same.

^^^^ Thanks HJ. I would be intrigued to know how many colts have had the opportunity to Win 2 Sydney 1st grade grand finals in the same year? Good luck to young Swinton either way. With playing 4 out of the last 8 games in colts and 1 week on the sidelines it will be interesting to see if he gets that opportunity.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
^^^^ Thanks HJ. I would be intrigued to know how many colts have had the opportunity to Win 2 Sydney 1st grade grand finals in the same year? Good luck to young Swinton either way. With playing 4 out of the last 8 games in colts and 1 week on the sidelines it will be interesting to see if he gets that opportunity.

I believe Swinton is starting, so this means he cannot drop to colts for the sunday.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the game will be a close one. Most pundits will look favour a uni clean sweeping, but I'm going an upset, Shoreman to win first grade colts. These two have always played close games, and the same I foresee for sunday.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the big disappointment this year was Eastwood Colts, while they improved on last year, they had more talent turn up to their pre-season than you could poke a stick at. I think they had c.120. The boys coming from schools/club rugby had been very strong in that age group, so i think they would have expected better things.

They struggled to get enough players on the field in the last couple of rounds, it looked like a player revolt to me.

Eastwood have brought in a new head coach.. surely he must take some of the blame if this is the case. I agree, woods normally have such a large number to choose from, to struggle to get enough players is mind boggling.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Grand Finals Colts Team Lists

W. McMahon Memorial Shield (1st Grade Colts)
Sydney University (1): 1. Jay Spencer, 2. Tom Horton, 3. Harry Johnson-Holmes, 4. Peter Fenwicke, 5. Zac Von Appen, 6. George Lehmann, 7. Lincoln Whiteley, 8. Hugh Summerhayes, 9. Banjo Travers, 10. Sam Renton, 11. Eddy King, 12. Luke Lough, 13. William McDonnell, 14. Tim Clements, 15. James Kane
Northern Suburbs (4): 1. James Margin, 2. Evan Pritchard, 3. Jakob Sedgman, 4. Paddy Olver, 5. Will Finley, 6. Olly Stump, 7. Hugh Taylor, 8. Kyle OHara, 9. Nick Duffy, 10. Connor Winchester, 11. Tom Gilbert, 12. Charlie King, 13. Nick Clancy, 14. Will Connelly, 15. Dom Naylor

Shell Trophy (2nd Grade Colts)
Sydney University (1): 1. Conor O'Doherty, 2. James Widders-Leece, 3. Austin Black, 4. Benny Watt, 5. Thomas Willson, 6. Timothy Hingano, 7. Lachlan Argiris, 8. Jay Spencer, 9. Daniel Calavassy, 10. Callum Styles, 11. Nathaniel Tamwoy, 12. Harry Potter, 13. Jaydon Fa'avae-eli, 14. Alex MacDonald, 15. Ethan Miller
Randwick (2): 1. DJ Tifa, 2. Will Anderson, 3. Kieran Bonin, 4. Alec Corcoran, 5. Esei Ha'angana, 6. Joe Whitelock, 7. Jum Woodhill, 8. Lewis Allen, 9. Sam Horwitz, 10. Patrick Pelligrini, 11. Jack Harrison, 12. Daniel Boardman, 13. Steve Gibson, 14. Gus Simpson, 15. Dion Narayan

Bill Simpson Shield (3rd Grade Colts)
Sydney University (2): 1. Langley Ammit, 2. Lewis Oswald, 3. Patrick O'Doherty, 4. Brad Hauville, 5. Angus Chapman, 6. Davis Jensen, 7. Sean O'Byrne, 8. Sydney Malifa, 9. William Wennerbom, 10. Daniel Poletto, 11. Tom Farnell, 12. Sean Hasegawa, 13. Tom McFadyen, 14. Anthony McDougall, 15. Connor Farnell
Eastern Suburbs (4): 1. Jai Gunton, 2. Reuban Antico, 3. Minh Nguyen, 4. Charlie Cam, 5. Jackson Lindsay, 6. Will Foxton, 7. Charlie Yole, 8. Ned Taylor, 9. Will Hicks, 10. Roy Harrison, 11. James Parrelli, 12. Lloyd Evans, 13. James Goodman, 14. James Kilby, 15. Cooper Murphy

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Too soon, RM, too soon. No sooner had I posted my weather report from the beautiful Blue Mountains when conflicting reports from parts east of me suggested there was plenty of rain about. And so it proved: it was threatening all afternoon at Bellevue Hill before settling into a light drizzle at the end of the match. The sloppy surrounds of the main oval suggested there was plenty of rain overnight.

Sorta summed up Joeys season.

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
3rd Grade Colts G/F - Uni up over Easts ( not sure of score - maybe 20 odd to 10'ish....apologies, carrier pigeon dropped her note book)

2nd Grade Colts - Randwick avenged last year's loss to Uni with a good win - 34 - 27 ( to add to their 2nd Grade G/F win over Easts yesterday)

1st Grade Colts G/F on now - in a replay of yesterday's Shute Shield G/F - Uni taking on Norths.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
3rd Grade Colts G/F - Uni up over Easts ( not sure of score - maybe 20 odd to 10'ish..apologies, carrier pigeon dropped her note book)

2nd Grade Colts - Randwick avenged last year's loss to Uni with a good win - 34 - 27 ( to add to their 2nd Grade G/F win over Easts yesterday)

1st Grade Colts G/F on now - in a replay of yesterday's Shute Shield G/F - Uni taking on Norths.
Latest as at 4.30pm please.

Status
Not open for further replies.