• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Scores from around the grounds -

Randwick 20 v 27 Eastwood
Southern Districts 50 v 12 West Harbour
Manly 20 v 8 Northern Suburbs
Parramatta 69 v 0 Penrith
Sydney University 60 v 22 Warringah
Eastern Suburbs 15 v 12 Gordon

S

sidelineview

Eastwood played some good rugby and deserved their win. They scored a converted try 2 minutes into the game and another one shortly after. Their defence was strong throughout the game.

They nearly gave the game to Randwick by having two players yellow carded in the first half but the Wix couldn't capitalise on their opportunities.
They bombed a certain try and threw too many flat passes that were ruled forward and which stopped the momentum they were building.

Randwick fought back well in the second half to be within 2 points of Eastwoods total, but quick hands in their own 22 went wrong with an Eastwood player scoring an intercept try to make it 27-20.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Scores from around the grounds -

Randwick 20 v 27 Eastwood
Southern Districts 50 v 12 West Harbour
Manly 20 v 8 Northern Suburbs
Parramatta 69 v 0 Penrith
Sydney University 60 v 22 Warringah
Corrected?
Eastern Suburbs 12v 15Gordon
The new rugby web site and reports here suggest Gordon won last night

Farmer

Bob McCowan (2)
Eastwood played some good rugby and deserved their win. They scored a converted try 2 minutes into the game and another one shortly after. Their defence was strong throughout the game.

They nearly gave the game to Randwick by having two players yellow carded in the first half but the Wix couldn't capitalise on their opportunities.
They bombed a certain try and threw too many flat passes that were ruled forward and which stopped the momentum they were building.

Randwick fought back well in the second half to be within 2 points of Eastwoods total, but quick hands in their own 22 went wrong with an Eastwood player scoring an intercept try to make it 27-20.
Eastwoods defence was outstanding! Forwards work rate was extremely high. Great game of rugby -yellow card decisions were questionable. 20 mins run with Eastwood having only 14 on the paddock. Great team effort!

RugbyMan101

Frank Row (1)
I was at the Manly vs Norths game, it was a very entertaining game. Norths seemed to have it over manly in the first half with a lot of go forward and they had manly on the back foot. Second half was a different story manly scoring two tries from there own half. Manly had a dominant scrum. Standouts for me were 3, 13 and 6 for manly and 6,7 and 9 for norths.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
In the end a very dominant display by Uni yesterday, But for a long time Warringah held in. Score at halftime from memory something like 21-9, and Uni did take a shot at Penalty goal late in the first half because of the close score.

Uni do look well drilled and controlled the play better. Warringah struggled to get into Unis half. Uni were dictating terms and playing in Warringah half.

The game was very physical, and Warringah had definitely come to play. To start with the Scrums were even, but Anstey went off for a period and the Uni Scrum then dominated. Uni had a much better lineout.

The second half saw the Warringah boys tire a bit and dropped off a few tackles and the gaps opened up for Uni.

From memory trys scorers; 2 each to 12 (Porter), 15 (Clements) 7 (Suttor), 1 each to 13 (Armstrong) & 10 (Poletto) & 4 (Fenwick) and at least 1 more but not sure who. For Warringah, 9 (Butler) and 11 (Lautolo) I think, and 1 more could have been 7.

Uni had standouts across the park, and I would give a point to all the try scrorers.

Warringah did miss Anstey when he went off and was up their best, and 9 is a fast working half and was rewarded with a try from a quick tap and caught Uni napping.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
I was at the Manly vs Norths game, it was a very entertaining game. Norths seemed to have it over manly in the first half with a lot of go forward and they had manly on the back foot. Second half was a different story manly scoring two tries from there own half. Manly had a dominant scrum. Standouts for me were 3, 13 and 6 for manly and 6,7 and 9 for norths.

Is it an optical illusion or is there a significant slope to the south end of this field + a N Easter on Saturday, I wonder if the visitors used these factors a little better than the home team. Tag team yellow cards to Manly kept them down to 14 players for the second 20 minutes of the 1st 40, conceding only 3 points in this period was significant to the games outcome.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Woods v Wicks was a cracking game. Eastwood were ahead the whole game but it always looked like Randwick had a sniff. Eastwoods goal kicking was terrible. The backs of eastwood were certainly dominant - I hadn't seen Wilkinson play before and I thought that he was very slow and predictable. Randwick set piece was stronger. At the end of the day Eastwood seemed to want it more and worked harder.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Woods v Wicks was a cracking game. Eastwood were ahead the whole game but it always looked like Randwick had a sniff. Eastwoods goal kicking was terrible. The backs of eastwood were certainly dominant - I hadn't seen Wilkinson play before and I thought that he was very slow and predictable. Randwick set piece was stronger. At the end of the day Eastwood seemed to want it more and worked harder.
Standout players?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Standout players?

For Eastwood the centre pairing 12 moran and 13 piccone were great along with fullback, millar and prop, sheriff (he seemed to be everywhere for a prop).

Randwick not many players put their hand up but both scrum halves Wong and particularly Jordan off the bench provided a spark which randwick lacked. Both locks wreaked havoc at line out time.

S

sidelineview

For Eastwood the centre pairing 12 moran and 13 piccone were great along with fullback, millar and prop, sheriff (he seemed to be everywhere for a prop).

Randwick not many players put their hand up but both scrum halves Wong and particularly Jordan off the bench provided a spark which randwick lacked. Both locks wreaked havoc at line out time.

I thought Pellegrene who played fly half for Randwick off the bench looked good as well.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Both locks wreaked havoc at line out time.

Thanks RB123,

There are some pretty handy Locks running round in 1st Colts.

The Randwick locks didn't do too much against Uni, but that wasn't the teams best outing.

I thought Gordon's pair were particularly impressive. Think Gordon won't be too far off the pace against most teams, as they have a very strong pack.

Fenwick has been awesome for Uni and Lever supported well on Saturday.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks RB123,

There are some pretty handy Locks running round in 1st Colts.

The Randwick locks didn't do too much against Uni, but that wasn't the teams best outing.

I thought Gordon's pair were particularly impressive. Think Gordon won't be too far off the pace against most teams, as they have a very strong pack.

Fenwick has been awesome for Uni and Lever supported well on Saturday.

Some good locks going around and wouldnt swap the 2 Souths locks Rob Wilson and Damian Johnston. High work levels doing the tough grunt work and very strong in the set pieces. No doubt all the year 12 locks this year will get the arm chairv ride too the 20s in front of the guys playing good rugby in Colts

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some good locks going around and wouldnt swap the 2 Souths locks Rob Wilson and Damian Johnston. High work levels doing the tough grunt work and very strong in the set pieces. No doubt all the year 12 locks this year will get the arm chairv ride too the 20s in front of the guys playing good rugby in Colts
Haven't seen South's yet, but reports are they are playing well.

I think Frost from Knox the most likely lock to be in the fast lane for U20 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.