• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
There is more to success than a wealthy local government. It takes a strategic plan, a strong junior base, putting in place procedures to keep that program sustainable.

Every area has advantages. We are not blessed to have a strong islander or maori or backpacker contingent just turn up and win games for us. We succeed in other ways.
So you planned to have your council pay for that stuff??

My club has no access to a pacific islander or backpacker community yet we turn out 4 mens grades and colts. The predominant groups in our area, speaking from a geographical background are asian (mostly Chinese and Korean). So there's that argument deflated.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Do they have to be picket? Or is chain wire okay... if so, I'd like to go back to Dwyer Oval, Liverpool's home ground

Security is important. Keeps the head clear for playing.

Campbelltown are playing at home.

Yes but its hardly in Sydney is it eh what? Practically CANBERRA old bean!

P.S. congrats on the fence.. be sure to add it to your 2018 recruitment material.

I liked that post purely for this sentence.

Every area has advantages. We are not blessed to have a strong islander or maori or backpacker contingent just turn up and win games for us.

There is inherent risk in relying on victory - no matter who is on your roster.

What you've got to recognise is the purpose of this banter: its to remind you that, to a degree, some of the claims you're making are a bit outrageous.

It also ignores the fact that there are 50 other clubs in this competition, some struggling, some thriving.

Some can rely on grounds they've owned or inhabited for decades. Some have to go cap-in-hand to Council in order to get the bare minimum, and watch it get chopped up by soccer (I'm not bitter).

Some have generous benefactors who will happily front up large sums of money to take care of the running costs. Some are still chasing players for money at this point in the season, with insurance due shortly.

Some are looking forward to running out after a two week break. Some have really bloody enjoyed NOT thinking about rugby for two weeks, because the prospect of two more months of getting their arse kicked is unappealing.

All of them have people who have put in hard work and hours of their free time to do the best they can.

Perhaps - just perhaps - being part of a Fifth Division club, and hardly a dominant one at that, you might want to stop yapping at people and start talking with them.

OJLovedNicole

Stan Wickham (3)
suprising result at hudson park last night. have st patricks had the recruitment book out over the last fortnight i wonder

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Old Ignatians Have A Better Ground Then Tantallon. Also Have A Great Sponsor. You Have Us In Junior Development But Its A Different Kettle Of Fish. We Are Still Going Well In Division 3 Without That.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who Wins Division 4 And How Many Clubs In Division 4 Could Have The Structure To Play Division 3. Could Blacktown Or Canterbury Step Up?

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
My Predictions For Relegation And Promotion Are:

Relegated
Division 1: St Patricks
Division 2: UWSH
Division 3: Hawkesbury Valley
Division 4: Rouse Hill Renegades
Division 5: Chatswood

Promoted
Division 1: -
Division 2: Hunters Hill
Division 3: Epping
Division 4: Canterbury
Division 5: Maccabi

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
suprising result at hudson park last night. have st patricks had the recruitment book out over the last fortnight i wonder

Good game at Camperdown Oval, no funny business from St Pats, just benefit of players back from suspension, injury etc St Pats also have players who coach school 1st/2nd XVs which limits their availability during term and they were obviously available last night. Also a few colts eligible players running around for St Pats kentwell. St Pats finally get off the mark but still my tip for the wooden spoon ans relegation.

Interesting fixture next weekend at Hudson Park, St Pats v Waverley in the red card cup! Hopefully both team are well behaved otherwise both clubs wil be punished heavily.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
It was ironic that Petersham deferred the game due to rep commitments only to end up playing with players out anyway! If Scott Morrison got a dollar for every time the Shammies dropped the ball the government would be back in surplus!!!

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Evening all.

As a long time reader (first time poster) of this site and a current player at Lane Cove Rugby I think I can confidently say that some of the views expressed on this site regarding Lane Cove Rugby in the past week do not reflect the views of the players, coaches and committee.

These views do not show humility.

These views do not show respect.

Regarding the kicking that Tantallon Oval has received, I acknowledge that parking can be a bit of a pain. And the ground condition, it's not to bad at the moment but I also except that playing rugby union on a ground with a cricket pitch in the middle isn't ideal, it must be said is no better or worse than other grounds in the region-Beauchamp, Roseville Chase etc. As a Subbies players I feel that experiencing other grounds, with their positives and negatives, is all part of the fun of what we all love to do, play rugby.

Pfitzy- I would personally like to thank you on two fronts.
1. Your post, publically mentioning the work that Bruce, Rob (and i'll include Geoff) and many others have done over the past few years to take Lane Cove Rugby from a club that was struggling from year to year to maintain one team to a club that now has a brighter future, is greatly appreciated.

2. Your posts on the running of your club have been insightful. I hope that people at Moore Park and St Leonards who manage the game we all love see your posts.

On another note, I must also say a thank you to Subbies for putting a two week break in the middle of the season. It has been most welcome.

Oh, and Skinny Minny, please don't take this the wrong way but along Epping Road outside Tantallon Oval, there is a hedge that is multi-layered.
Sorry.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Maoris and Islanders aren't too keen on fences, get rid of it and a few might pop their heads up.

Subbies_Bloke

Frank Row (1)
I see from the game played yesterday between hills and Lindfield that the undefeated Lindfield was beaten by hills 17-7. Anyone watch this game? How's was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.