• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
With 2017 season all done and dusted it's time to look to 2018.

It will be a very interesting season.

How will Hunters Hill do in Div 1?

Will St Pats end up in Div 2 and clean up? I will say most clubs that have been relegated from the top division don't bounce back straight away.

What will happen with HAC and Beecroft. Obviously HAC took the top prize in Div 2 but the rest of their teams struggled so will they look to drop a division?

How will Epping go in Div 2?

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
I know its a little while away until the start of Subbies preseason, let alone season but any idea when divisons are finalised and released?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I know its a little while away until the start of Subbies preseason, let alone season but any idea when divisons are finalised and released?

Usually by late January, most clubs will know where they stand.

Then the horse trading begins, as the TRUE playing numbers start to get teased out :)

This year, Fifth Division didn't even get the go-ahead until the last week of March, and thankfully it did because its a valuable link in those clubs who want to grow rather than those who just want to sit there aiming for the same old title every year (looking at you, Savers).

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Usually by late January, most clubs will know where they stand.

Then the horse trading begins, as the TRUE playing numbers start to get teased out :)

This year, Fifth Division didn't even get the go-ahead until the last week of March, and thankfully it did because its a valuable link in those clubs who want to grow rather than those who just want to sit there aiming for the same old title every year (looking at you, Savers).

Pfitzy, how are things looking at Rouse Hill? Have you had an AGM and did you get any support from your club members? Thankless task I bet!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy, how are things looking at Rouse Hill? Have you had an AGM and did you get any support from your club members? Thankless task I bet!

*long sigh*

We called our AGM for the 22nd - was going to have karaoke afterwards to try and at least make a night of it.

The Facebook invitation does not give me great confidence. We've cancelled the karaoke.

There will be a core of people there, and I will be one of them, but I just don't know. Last year we had enough people to fill positions and that was it.

So this year it'll be a core again.

Sadly, without a continuation of old boys available to help the club, we'll continue to struggle with volunteers.

The young guys seem to turn up for playing and (maybe) training, and that's it. No club spirit among a lot of them.

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
Hoping for a great 2018 season. We’ve got our AGM this Sunday and Touch football starting back next Tuesday to keep the interest around.

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
Laura, are the wolves looking to move up to Div 5 after your premiership success?

We’d love to move up to Div 5 and are working towards it. We have lots of interest from old players who want to come back but don’t want to play 1st Grade. It will all depend on commitment, and as we all know, that’s a difficult commodity in today’s age! We need another 25 players to consider moving up as we don’t want to put our boys in the position to play 2 games a week every week. We’re currently just seeing where the cards fall. It’s our 50th year next year, so we’d love to have two teams for it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My estimate, given the lack-of-commitment factor, is at least 50 blokes signed to be Fifth Division, but the time Subbies start asking hard questions.

Hoping my sporting grant applications come through before then, so I can lower registration fees and get some new equipment.

The Real Big Bopper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Epping Rams looking for coaches in 2018
9ddba8a699e1f027da4c7bf5ca4ca1f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
The annual report is up on the subbies website. Nothing of note stood out for me.

Other than the incompetent idiots at the NSWRU are now broke and they are introducing yet another levy to go on top of the existing ARU levy. So small piss ant subbies clubs have to come up with $6000 to pay for mismanagement. Apparently clubs are already talking amongst themselves about not paying either fee.

rugbynut2010

Bob McCowan (2)
Oatley Rugby Union Football Club is advertising for senior coaches and managers for their 2018 season.

We are a local Rugby club who play out of Evatt Park, Lugarno, and our club comprises of over 800 active members with junior teams ranging from under 6s to 18s as well as 4 senior teams including an under 21’s colts side. We are the largest sub district rugby club in Southern Sydney and our club is solely run by the hard-working coaches, managers, committee members, players, parents and volunteers within the local community. Some of our achievements are as follows:

• Named 2017 Division 4 Club of the Year
• All three grades reached Division 4 finals
• Third grade were outright winners (Walker Cup)
• Second grade finished third (Grose cup)
• First Grade finished fourth (McLean Cup)

2017 saw Oatley Rugby build on our already amazing culture and we are looking to improve yet again in 2018. Oatley Rugby formally invites applications for the following positions:

• First Grade – Forwards Coach, Backs Coach, Manager
• Second Grade – Head Coach, Forwards Coach, Backs Coach, Manager
• Colts (U21) – Head Coach, Forwards Coach, Backs Coach, Manager
• Third Grade – Coach, Assistant Coach, Manager
• Men’s 7s – Coach, Manager

Oatley Rugby Coaches will be expected to attend both Tuesday and Thursday training. Oatley Rugby Club is also happy to support coaches through the coaching accreditation process. To submit an application, or for any further information, contact Steve McLean at steve.mclean@thorn.com.au or on 0414 712 370.

Applications close Friday 22nd December 2017.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Kentwell is just a lottery these days. Wait and see who gets the best of the UK backpackers. Petersham's two best players in '17 were Aussies but it wouldn't have been enough without some talented UK Lads. Playing Rugby on a working holiday is about the best thing you'll do in your life so good luck to 'em.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What kind of fees are clubs charging in 2018 to accommodate the NSWRU fee?

The ARU levy for 2018 will move up to $1000 per Grade (from $775). The NSWRU levy proposed by their CEO is $360 per grade. So, as the Renegades plan to have two grades (barring a miracle), it will be about $8k to trot out our teams, not including kit, physio, transport, ground costs etc. Pretty fucking unhappy with the whole hierarchy right now. Struggling to get motivated, but in the club's private FB I've notified everyone of our No Dickheads Policy for 2018.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The ARU levy for 2018 will move up to $1000 per Grade (from $775). The NSWRU levy proposed by their CEO is $360 per grade. So, as the Renegades plan to have two grades (barring a miracle), it will be about $8k to trot out our teams, not including kit, physio, transport, ground costs etc. Pretty fucking unhappy with the whole hierarchy right now. Struggling to get motivated, but in the club's private FB I've notified everyone of our No Dickheads Policy for 2018.

Tat's a lot of sausage sizzles mate. Good luck

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Saw this morning on another thread a claim that Penrith have been kicked out of the shute shield. If its true, be interesting to see where they end up. Assume the only place they could go and continue to exist is subbies....

Status
Not open for further replies.