• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2020

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is absolutely no way I would spend my Saturday night playing rugby in Newport, especially in the dead of winter. How the hell did you convince Beecroft to sign up for that?

Was actually enormously successful considering all the Covid limitations impacting operations and limited clubhouse access.
The rain held of and it was pretty mild with the cloud cover so it lead to a big crowd, even by Newport standards. I spoke to one of the Beecroft players afterwards and he said whilst they didnt like the drubbing they loved playing in front of so many people. That's why I was wondering if their was anyone from Beecroft on this site to give their view on the night.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Was actually enormously successful considering all the Covid limitations impacting operations and limited clubhouse access.
The rain held of and it was pretty mild with the cloud cover so it lead to a big crowd, even by Newport standards. I spoke to one of the Beecroft players afterwards and he said whilst they didnt like the drubbing they loved playing in front of so many people. That's why I was wondering if their was anyone from Beecroft on this site to give their view on the night.

Kind of ruins your Saturday night by the time you get back from up there. What time was kickoff?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kind of ruins your Saturday night by the time you get back from up there. What time was kickoff?

5pm kick off. Something they will probably look at doing again for an early season thing next year with a club coming via bus and once covid restrictions have lifted.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
5pm kick off. Something they will probably look at doing again for an early season thing next year with a club coming via bus and once covid restrictions have lifted.

Especially if it turns out to be a warm day. I'll take playing at 5PM on a breezy northern beaches afternoon over 3PM in the heat.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Especially if it turns out to be a warm day. I'll take playing at 5PM on a breezy northern beaches afternoon over 3PM in the heat.

haha have you faced any "woke" cancel culture backlash about your logo Pfitzy?

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heavens above - 3 x RC and 1 x YC, all against the same team in the same game..
And the fusesport app doesn't show any record of these either, but does so on the Subbies results link (?)

Think you need to open your eyes or you were looking at the wrong grade.

116261580_1175085392824435_2369742888986831843_n.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
haha have you faced any "woke" cancel culture backlash about your logo Pfitzy?

A couple of people have mentioned it on social media but not in an abrasive way. Certainly something I've thought about, but don't think there is a reasonable change strategy, given a few people have it tattooed on themselves ;)

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
A couple of people have mentioned it on social media but not in an abrasive way. Certainly something I've thought about, but don't think there is a reasonable change strategy, given a few people have it tattooed on themselves ;)

jesus christ surely not...

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 1:
KNOX vs Petersham: Knobs gave a good account of themselves last week and can see them keeping the momentum at home against the Shammies
WAVERLEY vs Forest: a late try brought them close against the Whales last week so will go with a club that is asking for two Halligans Cup games, with those numbers their first grade must to red hot.
DRUMMOYNE vs Colleagues: Dirty reds too physical for the Colleagues Covids
Mountains vs MOSMAN: Whales in a tight one on a cold Lapstone.

DIV 2:
Lindfield vs ST PATS; Will go with the away team to lodge their first win.
UNSW vs Robs: When ROBS say on Facebook that they'll name the teams on game day you know its ugly. UNSW by plenty.
HILLS vs Rams: Go with the home side in this local grudge match
HH vs Barker: Good game this one, will go with HH in a close one.

DIV 3
Hv vs NEWPORT: This will be a tough game for Newport up against a significantly bigger pack. But Breakers showed last week fitness and pace can tire the big boys out. Breakers by 14.
BLACKTOWN vs Hac: Blacktown to register their first win of the year at HAC expense.
Iggies vs BRIARS: local derby for these two, will go with Briars to end the dream start for Iggies.
BEECROFT vs Quinns: After winning all 3 premierships in Div 4 Quinns will be a little dissapointted with their start. Beecroft at home maybe a little too much for them to handle.

Lower DIV: Brothers to score their first win with a penalty goal on the bell to win it!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
DIV 4:
Dukes v Saints - Alexandria to put one on the board
Irish v Convicts - this should be a good match.
Raptors v Renegades - they're looking good. We're looking a bit injured.
Canterbury v Maccabi - too big, too strong. Like us, Maccabi will be looking forward to having the bigger opponents out of the way and moving onto the games where their rugby cohesion counts for a bit more.

JEFFREY:
Sea Lice v Oatley - too much class there I reckon
Burraneer v Kings OB - could be the match of the round
Engadine v Merrylands - hard to gauge the Wolves' form. Leaking points.
Forces v Sydney Harbour - should be a slaughter.

MELDRUM:
Chatswood v Brothers - if Brothers were close to Savers in round 1, they'll hammer the Stags
DYTH v Balmain - away team to burn the merger.
Lane Cove v Mac Uni - I fancy the students here who are still quality despite the drop.
Wakehurst v Savers - men in black to win in the northern beaches rivalry

g00gle

Banned
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looks like Blacktown colts will he playing under lights against Hawkesbury Ag this round, after first grade.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looks like Blacktown colts will he playing under lights against Hawkesbury Ag this round, after first grade.

Great idea - I think Colts should either play before Thirds or after Firsts if the facilities are available.

g00gle

Banned
Watched Old Ignatians vs Briars today, great games in all grades, Iggies clutched the final try on the bell to win the match against a very physical Briars team

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oof. Steamrolled by Raptors. Was 19-10 at halftime in a pretty competitive match, and then after a couple of early scores, we didn't see the ball for 30 minutes. They're a good team and will take some beating.

Their seconds were OK but our guys were typically disorganised.