• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Devon Makaore-Boyce is playing third grade? That has to be a joke right?
So UNSW are stacking lower grades - Werent there people here disputing me last week? Lucky we dont have to play them anymore and have decent competition up in DIV 1. With this bloke we played him back in 2020 and he did nothing. Out of position and runs across field. I spose in 3rd grade that doesnt matter.
Disappointing that people talk about an average NRL player playing against First Grade players but happy to put forward First Grade players against 3rd and 4th grade players - This is more of a safety issue.
Each to their own.....

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Big win - will give that one a look at some point this week. Looks like some starters were back from various duties including the new dad.
Unfortunately I ended up watching this game - Slow night. Iggies had some opportunities but lack the polish to finish off. The 15 from Harlequins is very good. Was always difficult to handle when he was playing at HAC

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Graduated from uni at Richmond and then moved into the city to do a PhD. Top bloke and wish him all the best!!

PhD - great stuff!

Years ago when I was working in the city, Quins looked like a good option to get off the train at Redfern and walk down to make training. Never got around to it because... well because I was too lazy :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Unfortunately I ended up watching this game - Slow night. Iggies had some opportunities but lack the polish to finish off. The 15 from Harlequins is very good. Was always difficult to handle when he was playing at HAC

Also skimmed it - Quins took the game in hand during the first quarter with some good offloading and hard running. Iggies a little slower in attack but their 12 looks very handy.

29-14 at halftime looked competitive but lot of territory going the way of Harlequins and Iggues chasing the game shortly after halftime.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thank god we have some rugby back this week
Div 1 shaping up ok this week - Although clear favs in all the games.

Knox - Petersham - Hopefully the sun will help Lofberg return as the best surface in subbies. Everyone loves playing on an angled synthetic cricket pitch when play Kentwell games. Reminds me of how horrid Yattenden is as a ground. Knox are finished for the year. Petersham have been poor in recent weeks, so expect a dour game. Petersham by 14
Colleagues - St Pats - Pats were put back in their place by a strong Waverley on another poor surface. For a club with all that money to play on a ground as bad as Hudson - I wonder where that money goes..... Back to the rugby. Colleagues are fresh after an easy win over Knox and last week off. Colleagues to win this by 20.
Forest - Mosman - Mosman will make this trip look easy. Expect the sideline to be pretty quiet at Melwood as they dream of better times when they burgled a premiership in 2019 after being the 5th best side in the comp. Mosman are coming good at the right time of the year. Mosman by 20
Drummoyne - HH - Short trip for the boys across the bridge. Unsure how to take the dirty reds or if the girls have kissed and made up which has the boys back on track. We should take this by 10+
Waverley- Blueys - Bus Trip brings the best out of Blue Mountains - So they might stay close to Waverley for 60 minutes. This could get ugly late. Waverley 30+

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)

Knox - Petersham - Hopefully the sun will help Lofberg return as the best surface in subbies. Everyone loves playing on an angled synthetic cricket pitch when play Kentwell games. Reminds me of how horrid Yattenden is as a ground. Knox are finished for the year. Petersham have been poor in recent weeks, so expect a dour game. Petersham by 14
Colleagues - St Pats - Pats were put back in their place by a strong Waverley on another poor surface. For a club with all that money to play on a ground as bad as Hudson - I wonder where that money goes..... Back to the rugby. Colleagues are fresh after an easy win over Knox and last week off. Colleagues to win this by 20.
Forest - Mosman - Mosman will make this trip look easy. Expect the sideline to be pretty quiet at Melwood as they dream of better times when they burgled a premiership in 2019 after being the 5th best side in the comp. Mosman are coming good at the right time of the year. Mosman by 20
Drummoyne - HH - Short trip for the boys across the bridge. Unsure how to take the dirty reds or if the girls have kissed and made up which has the boys back on track. We should take this by 10+
Waverley- Blueys - Bus Trip brings the best out of Blue Mountains - So they might stay close to Waverley for 60 minutes. This could get ugly late. Waverley 30+
Hudson Park is owned and managed by Strathfield council.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)

If my home ground was Boronia Park I wouldn't be talking about anyone else's ground.

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
Forest - Mosman - Mosman will make this trip look easy. Expect the sideline to be pretty quiet at Melwood as they dream of better times when they burgled a premiership in 2019 after being the 5th best side in the comp.
Still bitter about that loss hey? Appreciate you letting us live rent free in your mind for this long.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
OK so Div 4 McLean Cup this weekend - some wet weather to catch up on:

Mac Uni v Renegades - we're down a few in both grades and the Mac Uni Fijians look pretty strong in First Grade. If we got up it would be a heck of an effort given I'm probably starting ;)

Chatswood v Saints - could be a good, fast match with the weather forecast to bake Beauchamp dry. Saints will have their Colts up at Wakehurst at the same time 2s kick off.

Looking ahead there are no wet weather weekends left with Rounds 13 and 14 to play, and the following games to catch up:

Redfield v Saints - both grades to play, and getting a midweeker going will be tough according to both clubs.
Harbour v Saints - First Grade only - I think a midweek game at Woollahra similar to Iggies v Quins could work, but Saints in particular will be looking at trying to make 2 games as well as their scheduled matches against HAC (@ Saints) and Raptors (@ Raptors) and thinking that is a lot of minutes.

Mac Uni v Raptors - First Grade only. Another midweeker that could challenge the scheduling.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Keep the pitch reports coming EC.

I will give my assessment of Boronia in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Still bitter about that loss hey? Appreciate you letting us live rent free in your mind for this long.
Whenever you lose a GF it stings - luckily we have had success since. Not sure Forest have
If my home ground was Boronia Park I wouldn't be talking about anyone else's ground.
Boronia is better than most of the fields in Div 1 - Drummoyne is the obvious standout. Our cricket pitch isnt a mess like others though.
Keep the pitch reports coming EC.

I will give my assessment of Boronia in a couple of weeks.
Come find me on the far side of the field for a beer.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Considering no one else does Div 2 ill have a crack - Based off what I have seen. there will be 4 cricket scores tomorrow.
Newport - 50
HV - 40
Hills - 80
Lindfield - 60

Harlequins - Beecroft - Could be a good game pending who turns up for both sides. Is Pennant Hills oval in any decent shape?

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 2 Round 12

Beecroft v Sydney Harlequins - Should be a good game I reckon, the boys from Waterloo will be favourites for sure but anything can happen at home with a couple of weeks rest. Quins by 7

Old Ignatians v Lindfield - Only gets harder for Iggies after a midweek flogging, a season to forget for them. Hopefully they can recoup player numbers in a lower division. Lindfield need to start proving they can hang with the top three come finals time. Need a dominant performance here. Lindfield by 50

Newport v Briars - Newport will be too strong at home. Tough run home for Briars. Newport 35+

Old Barker v Hawkesbury Valley - Valley go on a trip and get the job done here. Valley by 20

Hills v Blacktown - Credit to Blacktown for turning up this season and putting themselves on the line. That being said, Hills by a lot.