• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

RocketRugby

Frank Row (1)
Looking at today's results, especially across Kentwell, brings some interesting news.

That Blue Mountains team is stacked. Adding to last year's premiership team, a prop from St Pats, a 10 from Southern Districts.... must be a wonderful club that players drive from Caringbah/Bondi to Lapstone two nights a week for training.
Hunters Hill with some handy recruits as well as returning players. Camroux and Stoltz are quality players in that backline.
Drummoyne get the chocolates over Colleagues with a young backline, but that Liam Doyle is a gun.
Mosman a tight win over Waverley.
Our boys learnt a tough lesson against Forest and that Kentwell is a step up. The 9 and 10 for Forest played the conditions and controlled the game. Well done to them.

With a bit of an eye on our past, looking at Barraclough, wow... Briars with the upset win over Petersham. Newport locking out UNSW at Porters and the kings of the comeback, Hills, do it again. That game was 34-5 to Beecroft at one point.
Lastly, St Pats and Epping. Do we know the story with Epping yet? I was told that they are only playing second and third grade, but it looks as though Pats will have a handy ones team, if the likes of Lawrence Abood, Matt Long and the Brunton boys are in 2s!

BJT

Peter Burge (5)
Lastly, St Pats and Epping. Do we know the story with Epping yet? I was told that they are only playing second and third grade, but it looks as though Pats will have a handy ones team, if the likes of Lawrence Abood, Matt Long and the Brunton boys are in 2s!
7 blokes "dropped" from the Pats 1s team from the week before....wholesale changes, reckon then might be another set of wholesale changes to the Pats 1s team nominated for this week to the one that runs out in Round 3. Tough on all those blokes getting dropped from a game they didnt even play in...

The Wombat

Herbert Moran (7)
7 blokes "dropped" from the Pats 1s team from the week before....wholesale changes, reckon then might be another set of wholesale changes to the Pats 1s team nominated for this week to the one that runs out in Round 3. Tough on all those blokes getting dropped from a game they didnt even play in...
An unsurprising result of the farce that is Epping not fielding 1s.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Fark me it was wet. We had 95mm of rain fall across Porters yesterday in what at times were monsoonal level down pours.

The Breakers managed a clean sweep of the 6 games however, it was that wet it is hard to takeaway too much from the rugby form guide other than outside of 4th grade every game was on a knife edge and could have gone either way. UNSW are a great club and good bunch of guys with the club house rocking for speeches and boat race (which Newport won).

Fingers crossed we dont get another weather day like that this season, it was farking miserable.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Very wet running the flag for 2 games at McKay Sports ground in Centennial Park against Kings. The wind made it tough. The rain made it miserable.

White jerseys on a day like that are a mistake ;) going to need an extra deep wash.

SubbiesSoftie

Frank Row (1)
Even tougher I imagine for the blokes that signed up to play rugby and are good enough to play in 1st grade, yet have a season full of byes! If Epping had any spine they'd play 1's and 2's and have a year of losses, take your medicine!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Even tougher I imagine for the blokes that signed up to play rugby and are good enough to play in 1st grade, yet have a season full of byes! If Epping had any spine they'd play 1's and 2's and have a year of losses, take your medicine!
Love reading these tough talking posts, as you hide behind your screen name and anonymity.

The ultimate ressie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Drummoyne v colleagues game looked like a grind
With some very good game management from Ben halmarick and a fresh faced Liam Doyle
Also hearing there’s two Samoan rugby World Cup under 20s players in their top squad

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Maybe the lads just wanted to sing the song again? It had been a long time in between drinks.
Div 2 seems to have a few stronger teams than first anticipated. The step to Div 1 may not be as clear cut as this viewer had originally thought.

BJT

Peter Burge (5)
Its ok, I know it hurts. You've gone from 6th in Div 1 and shitcanning everyone in Div 2 to notionally worse than Briars in rapid time.

SubbiesSoftie

Frank Row (1)
Love reading these tough talking posts, as you hide behind your screen name and anonymity.
Is it tough talk or the comp wide opinion?
Its ok, I know it hurts. You've gone from 6th in Div 1 and shitcanning everyone in Div 2 to notionally worse than Briars in rapid time.
Your club just lost all their games to the club you state as 'notionally worse than Briars'

GD_Maccabi

Frank Row (1)
Question from Div 5 for the wise men of this forum: Blacktown are currently showing up on Fusesport with 2 bonus point wins but only 8 points. Does anyone know whether this is an error or am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_4120.jpeg
    IMG_4120.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 39