• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2024

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Div 4
Chatswood v Renegades - we're missing our RAAF contingent due to military rugby duties, so that puts some pressure on key positions straight away. Hopefully there is enough left to keep the Stags contained and sneak a win.

Canterbury v Redfield - Berries have some good numbers at home and Redfield are taking time to warm up and get their numbers back early in the season. Close one to the home side.

Raptors v Wakehurst - it'll be very tough at Mittigar for most teams this year. Wakehurst didn't travel well to Canterbury so predicting a sizeable margin here.

Kings v Hornsby - on a wet track last week Hornsby put Chatswood to the sword. On a dry track at McKay it could be even bigger against KOBs.
Who are the RAAF playing?

The Ghost of Bernie

Stan Wickham (3)
Division 3 tips.

Merrylands v Old Barker
Merrylands at home is a tough ask and with Barker being 0/2 i can see them being 0/3.

Sydney Irish V LCOI
Sydney Irish currently undefeated and LCOI 1/2. Seriously tough ask for LCOI on the plastic at Latham Park. Can't tip against LCOI on principle.

Knox v Sydney Harbour
Match of the Round.
Knox 1/2 and Sydney Harbour washed out last week after Round 1 win but I'll stick with the competition favourite.

Hawkesbury Valley v Sydney Harliquins
Both sides on a win apiece although Valley the other sufferee of last week's washout. Quins in a close one.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Tips

Forest - Mosman. Forest played a great game last week in horrible conditions at Old Solider. Not sure Mosman will play as simple a game plan as Lindfield started with last week. Mosman were good at home last week against Waverley. As long as all players came through for Mosman, they should be winning this. I am worried about Mosmans lack of depth given the results of 2's, 3's 4's and 5's on the weekend. Mosman by 5

Waverley -
Lindfield. The lower grade games might be more entertaining than the main event here. Waverley putting up some cricket scores last week in lower grades and Lindfield are always strong from 4's up. In 1's, I can see Waverley bouncing back strongly here and playing some 10 man rugby to dominate Lindfield. Game will remain close, but Waverley by 10

Colleagues - Blue Mountains. Blueys again competition favourites, Colleagues didnt play to conditions last week. If blueys travel with the same team as last week, I can see them winning this by 14+. Strong forward pack, experienced 10 running the show and strike out wide is a pretty impressive combination in Kentwell. Blueys by 15

HH -
Drummoyne. MOTR. Battle of Gladesville Bridge. Should be a great day out at Boronia. New development nearing completion. HH did well to remain as close as possible to a strong Blueys. Drummoyne with some impressive new talent in their side. HH to open the account for 2024 in a close one. HH by 3

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hearing plenty of players have treated the ANZAC weekend as a long one and have gone away. Maybe make for a few boil overs?

Mule

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hearing plenty of players have treated the ANZAC weekend as a long one and have gone away. Maybe make for a few boil overs?
and THIS is exactly how months & months of hard work can be obliterated in one foul swoop for any clubs from Div 1 to the bottom - clubs start off well in round 1-2 after tireless recruiting/pre seasons, then a long weekend kills off all momentum and starts the death spiral..,..,

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Division 3 tips.

Merrylands v Old Barker
Merrylands at home is a tough ask and with Barker being 0/2 i can see them being 0/3.

Sydney Irish V LCOI
Sydney Irish currently undefeated and LCOI 1/2. Seriously tough ask for LCOI on the plastic at Latham Park. Can't tip against LCOI on principle.

Knox v Sydney Harbour
Match of the Round.
Knox 1/2 and Sydney Harbour washed out last week after Round 1 win but I'll stick with the competition favourite.

Hawkesbury Valley v Sydney Harliquins
Both sides on a win apiece although Valley the other sufferee of last week's washout. Quins in a close one.
Looks like the Barker boys have taken advantage of the long weekend and are taking the weekend off. Fingers crossed it’s not a sign of the season to come.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
madness scheduling subbies games on weekends where the 'social' player, along with 90% of sydneysiders, are on holidays (school or 4 day weekend) :-(

takes years off the life expectancy of club committee members, coaches and managers

Difficult ask to change it with Easter only couple of weeks ago.

Communication is key. Perhaps could have been shifted to wet weather if enough notice was given

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Let’s not get to doom and gloom. There is a couple of belting local clashes with Briars vs St Pats and HH vs dirty reds.