• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tactics for handling WAG's during the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ok,

I have to admit that i have a pretty understanding girlfriend. However with my love of both codes of Rugby, the World Cup may be a testing time.

For those of you who have Rugby mad WAG's i dip my hat to you good sir's.

All advice is great, i want to know how you are going to handle this week. Is a pre-emtive strike of flowers, dinners etc a good idea?

Or are we all just fucked and just suck it up and cop the groans of constant disappointment?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Important Advice

Actually got an email from mate re this last night:

**** Extremely important advice and recommendations to be passed on to wives, girlfriends, fiancées, mothers, sisters, daughters, etc. (to all women in
General) ****

These rules are to be communicated prior to the World Cup in September/October this year...

DEAR WOMEN

List of Rules (Read and print them)

1. From 9 Sep to 23 October 2011, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, the VCR and DVD are all mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I won't have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.

4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it won't happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12pm and 3pm, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because my team is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it's only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about rugby than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

8. The replays of the tries are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again. Many times, and record them.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go,
b) I will not go, and
c) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??", the reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".

12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank goodness the World Cup is only every 4 years".
I am immune to these words, because after this comes the 20 Twenty World Cup, etc etc.

Thank you for your cooperation

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am in the same boat as you. My girlfriend is pretty understanding but she's not much of a sports fan.

Considering I follow every football code and the Wests Tigers and Swans are both in the finals (Swans might not last long) and the RWC is about to start, it is a dangerous time.

I've been trying to get some credit in the bank by putting up with more of her TV shows in the last few weeks (I sat through Spirited with Claudia Karvan yesterday). Some flowers and dinners are probably going to be the order of the day.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I am in the same boat as you. My girlfriend is pretty understanding but she's not much of a sports fan.

Considering I follow every football code and the Wests Tigers and Swans are both in the finals (Swans might not last long) and the RWC is about to start, it is a dangerous time.

I've been trying to get some credit in the bank by putting up with more of her TV shows in the last few weeks (I sat through Spirited with Claudia Karvan yesterday). Some flowers and dinners are probably going to be the order of the day.

My Mrs is a dancer. I think i will have to take her to some sort of dance type show. If anyone has any suggestions of something coming up in the next week that would be ACE.

Well played sir, i have been doing a bit of 'The Voice' just wish so you think you can dance was still on.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have tried letting my wife watch what she wants in the lead up to a sporting event in the past but have found that it backfires as she gets upset when I want to wach something else when one of her shows are on. I have passed on the email above to her a few weeks ago and I have warned her on what to expect.

We actually have our 7 year wedding anniversary during the world cup so on that day I am going to let her watch some of the games with me. I might even let her talk between games so she can give me her views on the tactics used by the different teams.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well my wife actually enjoys a bit of rugby, though not as much as me and will probably be interested only in All Black games and a few Wallaby ones, but after 38 years of marriage she has also learnt a little about tactics so is able to have a very limited discussion at halftime. Also she is away for first 2 weeks so there is no probs there, but to be fair she has sat quietly while I have watched all the ITM cup games.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm very lucky in that at the start of the year my mrs decided she was going to learn about rugby so sh could share my passion, then about a month ago she decided she still didn't care therefore I should just enjoy it with my mates and she could do her own thing with her friends.

About a week ago she asked me for dates the rugby was on, I told her would call her in a month or so.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
There are women like myself who are obsessed with Rugby and are getting screwed ourselves, we are rare but we are out there, so spare a thought.

Up until last night I have been looking forward to having a 42inch plasma TV all to myself complete with lap top set up all ready for RWC. I get a phone call yesterday, 6 relos (5 female, 1 male) all without a sporting bone in their body are going to come to my house and crash here around RWC time before I go to Byron in Oct. The channels "W", "Arena", & "13th Street" come to mind - I am positively terrified. I am considering inviting my teams tight 5 to come stay over so I can have more support. I guess my advice is safety in numbers and find a way to lock your handset so they cant change the channels. The remote will not leave my left hand and I will be holding an ice pick in the right.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
There are women like myself who are obsessed with Rugby and are getting screwed ourselves, we are rare but we are out there, so spare a thought.

Up until last night I have been looking forward to having a 42inch plasma TV all to myself complete with lap top set up all ready for RWC. I get a phone call yesterday, 6 relos (5 female, 1 male) all without a sporting bone in their body are going to come to my house and crash here around RWC time before I go to Byron in Oct. The channels "W", "Arena", & "13th Street" come to mind - I am positively terrified. I am considering inviting my teams tight 5 to come stay over so I can have more support. I guess my advice is safety in numbers and find a way to lock your handset so they cant change the channels. The remote will not leave my left hand and I will be holding an ice pick in the right.

Wow tell them hobo's to get a hotel.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

Your house, your rules.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)

I'm with Matty - tell em it's FIFO rules. Fit in or Fuck off

BTW, let this be a lesson to all the boys that the place to pick up girls is at Rugby games :)

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
And this ladies and gentlemen, Is why It's great to be a schoolboy...

Foxtel Is downstairs and I have made It pretty clear to my family that It Is serving on purpose, for me to watch the RWC. Doesn't matter anyway, got the whole family into the game this year so they'll all be there with me. Except Mum, who does this thing where she pretends to be all interested, which Is frankly rather annoying

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Definately two TV's is the way to go. If your budget stretches to foxtel for her too, great. if it doesn't stretch that far, get a second job. From experience, two times foxtel doesn't totally reduce the whinging but it certainly brings it back to an acceptable level. The other tactic is to fight fire with fire. When she who must be obeyed has dancing with the muppets on nag the crap out her and put shit on all and sundry contestants/judges. A word of caution though - this tactic isn't great for your sex life but you do get to watch a lot of footy, cricket and boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.