• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tactics for handling WAG's during the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
My upcoming house sitting gig in Oz near my dad's place is very timely...have the whole of a four bedroomed house to myself just to look after a foxy/jack cross and a tabby cat for four weeks starting from the day after the Wobs v Ireland match, the place has a huge flat screen tv...however kids might come up for the school hols so probably end up having to share the TV then... :(

At least I won't have to get up at 2am here in Scotland just to watch some matches after the first weekend!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I will do what I always do - prioritise and watch some recorded with the IQ (it makes shittier games far more pleasant being able to fast forward)

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm using online streaming - makes it easier to post inane remarks on GAGR.

There are women like myself who are obsessed with Rugby and are getting screwed ourselves, we are rare but we are out there, so spare a thought.

I tell you - the response to the BackingBlack campaign is working a treat.

hedgo

Frank Nicholson (4)
i just moved house and gave up foxtel for the mortgage and some renos. it hurts by god it hurts, but will probably keep me sweet with the missus. only wobbs games on free to air as far as i can tell

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Shit, really? I haven't got a TV but I'm borrowing one for the RWC. Hardly sounds worth it.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
In our house the women groan when there isn't rugby on the telly. Love the game, nuts about the game - all of us. Heaven is where the game is played and heaven is our house when there is rugby on TV.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Met my missus at a country rugby match...her brother and I played for the same club. Our son played school and club rugby...(she refused to watch him play), but she is a mad Reds and Wobs fan. Our daughter, who now lives in Canada, decorated the outside of our house in 2003 and we won first prize in the Australia-wide "Wallabies Show Your True Colours" competition....prize: large TV set with surround sound, Wobs clothing, plus booze and meat for "The Ultimate BBQ" (on RWC final night)! Only one problem (with a house full of Aussies and Kiwis), it took 18 months to get the meat from the "1824 Beef Company"....thank god for the local pizza shop!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
In our house the women groan when there isn't rugby on the telly. Love the game, nuts about the game - all of us. Heaven is where the game is played and heaven is our house when there is rugby on TV.

Beautifully put!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
My oldest son was conceived during the first half of the 1993 RWC final. True...

My memory of that half remains hazy to that day...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My girlfriend doesn't have to worry.

There's a lot less World Cup anticipation in my house than in previous years.

And I think that part of that has to do with the fact that this will be the first time I won't get to see much of it thanks to Channel 9.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)

And I think that part of that has to do with the fact that this will be the first time I won't get to see much of it thanks to Channel 9.

Surely you can catch games on Foxtel at local pubs etc.?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)

She might have to worry more...given you'll have more time to chase her around the sofa!

Status
Not open for further replies.