• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs v Rebels Rnd 6 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Not sure. They always sound like they are pledging eternal love to Folou to notice the other 29 blokes on the field.

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of it now. He's a top player but they seem to be overlooking the fact that 7 or his 8 tries this season have come from the play of others. The hero worship is becoming unbearable.

I'm saying this and I'm a Tahs fan who's happy to have him aboard.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't remember much hate on him? Think most of the talk is that he doesn't fit into the Wallabies XV which is probably true. Fantastic player.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't remember much hate on him? Think most of the talk is that he doesn't fit into the Wallabies XV which is probably true. Fantastic player.

Not in the forum.. On the front page when the game review was posted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
one half OK one not. and once again execution of the supposed skill set these professionals have let the rebels down badly. poor options, bad kicks, passes too high/low, very soft turnovers leading to the last 2 waratah tries, etc etc
quite a lot to work on
just as well our defence and fitness are so good:rolleyes:

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not a great night for me spent the whole first half pontificating about how Horne would be a much more effective 12 than KB (Kurtley Beale), then at full time @lindommer and @pfitzy ruined the good impression I was making on the in laws.

Workmanlike from the Tahs tonight, tended to look a bit flat once the Rebels slowed us down. The Brumbies have given the comp a template about how to play us which is going to make the South Africa tour tough. Still how electric are we off turn over ball?

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
The thing about Izzy is that he backs up. Support play is the single most neglected part of the game here.

Funnily enough he comes across from another sport and does it better than anyone else and some blow-hards label him 'Jonny on the spot'..

That said the man-love from the fox commentary team is embarrassing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don't you worry Oirish - yer in-laws will love the fact i was there. I am a river to my people!

First half shit. Second half better. Played like a bucket of arse and still smacked the Rabble.

As for the "falling over the line" comment: if it were anywhere else, i would suggest you have the makings of a genuine fucktard.

As we are riding the interwebs, I will suggest instead you learn to analyse the game of rugby union more closely.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The thing about Izzy is that he backs up. Support play is the single most neglected part of the game here.

Funnily enough he comes across from another sport and does it better than anyone else and some blow-hards label him 'Jonny on the spot'.

Couldn't agree more Izzys support lines are probably the second best feature in his game behind his aerial skills. The line for the 4th try was superb.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd like to see Pyle benched next week. For a huge lump of a man he does a great job of doing not much. Needs a massive kick in the arse.

M

Moono75

Funnily enough he comes across from another sport and does it better than anyone else and some blow-hards label him 'Jonny on the spot'..

That said the man-love from the fox commentary team is embarrassing.

OK lets put this to bed. I am stating the level of hero worship given to Folau in relation to the try's he has scored this year is way over the top. He has more often than not been on the end of the last pass with an open line. I have not said that Folau is not a talented player or that he is deficient in any aspects of play. Please understand the distinction being made.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
OK lets put this to bed. I am stating the level of hero worship given to Folau in relation to the try's he has scored this year is way over the top. He has more often than not been on the end of the last pass with an open line. I have not said that Folau is not a talented player or that he is deficient in any aspects of play. Please understand the distinction being made.

But you're still wrong.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The try he scored off Beale is a good example he was outside of KB (Kurtley Beale),saw the hole ran a big unders line & KB (Kurtley Beale) gave it to him.
He read it, he was there, he made it happen.
He understands where he needs to be,which us more important than being fast,strong or having good footwork.
But he does some of that as well.
And he can fucking catch.
Bag him all you like.
We are quite chuffed with him,to very honest.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just back from the game, haven't seen it on TV. Arrived home very happy after the G&GR meet-up followed by a five point result. Some thoughts:
  • I think the intensity of the game we are playing is starting to take a toll in fatigue. Last week was test-match intense and I think our recovery was not really complete for tonight. We've got a 7-8 day break before the Sharks
  • That said, we have five points in the bag and some wonderful tries; we left at least another three out there tonight.
  • People knocking Beale for his last two performances fail to see just how good the opposition was. Tonight, in the second half, he cut the Rebels to pieces; last week he had McCabe, this week Inman and both are noted defenders.
  • Those who think Izzy is "just a finisher" should ask why other players don't pop up in the same places. His is a rare skill, comparable IMO to that of Mark Ella who used to "just" appear out of nowhere to finish something off.
  • Lineouts are still a disaster. We haven't looked like winning an opposition throw for weeks and its heart-in-mouth stuff every time Taf picks up the ball to throw.
  • There was one maul where Douglas was pinged for coming around the side when I thought there was always a Rebel forward bound outside him; this is by def'n through the middle. Did those with Fox see the same?
  • The next three games are critical. We need two wins and two bonus points in the next three weeks. Given that its the Sharks, Stormers and the Force on the way home that's a huge ask but its what we need to overtake the Brumbies. I think the Force game is a real banana skin - a bad loss waiting to happen as a result of travel fatigue and the two best SA teams in their fortresses. After that it gets a bit easier in the run up to the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.