• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tahs vs Canes - Post Match Pissup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sorry - I drive a Toyota. And it isn't a land cruiser. Where do people like me park and how do I tug my forelock if I don't have one?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
NTA said:
Sorry - I drive a Toyota. And it isn't a land cruiser. Where do people like me park and how do I tug my forelock if I don't have one?
I'm sorry you drive a Toyota too!! :lmao:
In all seriousness, you should be able to snag a park nearby without too much bother.
Have you grown forelocks since I last saw you?

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Moses said:
I'm pretty keen to go ahead with the Taphouse, would be awesome if NTA could make it as well, but by the sounds of it you'd only be after one or maybe two before heading home to try out the new tackle.
There's a crew kicking on into Surry Hills as well, so TapHouse is on the way for them.

Please advise if you've got a +1 as well, I'll book a room / table tomorrow.

Confirmed: Cyclo, Moses, Bernie, Lindo, WJ, @StuAndrews, @Sagerian
Tentative: MrTimms
Waiting for reply: Spears, Tomm, @splex, @westius
Unlikely: NTA, @thetreadstoner

No dice from me sorry, I will have to make it next week for the home semi :thumb

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NTA said:
Can I park nearby? That is the question.

Try the new St Margaret's complex in Bourke Street, between Campbell and Albion Streets, there's a parking station under Woolworths which closes at midnight. It's about the same distance to the SFS as the Fox Studios car park and a shit load closer to the chosen rubbity.

Look here: http://www.stmargarets.com.au/container.swf Note Bourke Street is one way from Campbell to Albion Street.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Confirmed: Cyclo, Moses, Bernie, Lindo, WJ, @StuAndrews, @Sagerian, @splex, Matty_K
Likely: NTA
Waiting for reply: @OldBigBear, @krumpet

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lindommer said:
Try the new St Margaret's complex in Bourke Street, between Campbell and Albion Streets, there's a parking station under Woolworths which closes at midnight. It's about the same distance to the SFS as the Fox Studios car park and a shit load closer to the chosen rubbity.

Ah yes - you did mention via telephone. I'll give that a whirl - it'll get me off the ED at least. Depends how quickly I can get away from work though.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Moses said:
Confirmed: Cyclo, Moses, Bernie, Lindo, WJ, @StuAndrews, @Sagerian, @splex, Matty_K
Likely: NTA
Waiting for reply: @OldBigBear, @krumpet

Any chance of Blue, fatprop or PhucNgo making an appearance? C'mon, boys, last chance this year.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
How bout his scarfness of the fat panda? Hell, even the Riddler could come along and watch us drink..

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
You can be very cruel young Moses, you appreciate I have stuff all willpower! Its going to be bad enough being in the Tah Bar beforehand watching the Brumbies game with just a water in my hand.

However, come the revolution........

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Got an email back from the taphouse
Unfortunately the restaurant closes at 10pm.

We dont take bookings in the general bar area of the hotel

Go the Tahs
thoughts?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon go to the taphouse regardless, if it's too packed we can go next door to the Captain Cook, the times we've been there before it's not too busy though

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Plan for before the game, Captain Cook Hotel from 5.30 to watch the Donkeys, then head up to the Tah Bar at half time (and buy tickets on the way)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
As the only professional pisspot posting on this forum I won't put up with procrastination when a pissup's promised. Taphouse it is.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am pleased that Lindo has ruled and thus placed NSW as superior to Qlanders as piss-up planners and implementers, as procrastination (sic) in pinning down the spot for the supposed post-play party was perhaps placing in jeopardy our reputation for polished performance in that essential part of a complete rugby day.

Ask Lindommer what the challenge was :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
I am pleased that Lindo has ruled and thus placed NSW as superior to Qlanders as piss-up planners and implementers, as procrastination (sic) in pinning down the spot for the supposed post-play party was perhaps placing in jeopardy our reputation for polished performance in that essential part of a complete rugby day.

Ask Lindommer what the challenge was :)
Trying to alliterate when pissed?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.