• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Australian Constitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
There would be increased scrutiny of the local governments if they had increased responsibilities.

It is more efficient to create a more community feel where decisions are made on a local level for that community.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There would be increased scrutiny of the local governments if they had increased responsibilities.

It is more efficient to create a more community feel where decisions are made on a local level for that community.
They would just become the dispensers of federal political largesse, the electoral officers of the incumbents.
It might work if you had proportional representation and fewer seats.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was always a believer in getting rid of a tier of government, namely state. Until recently I had the misfortune to attend a local council meeting to advocate on behalf of property owners in an area I own a property due to proposed zoning ammendments. I have never seen a more sorry childish display of infighting in my life and I have a 7 and 9 year old.

I think we should abolish local council and have their responsibilites transferred to a dedicated state department. It would also bring a consistant approach to planning and zoning issues around the state. If you watch the SAT, local councils are in there all the time getting their arses handed to them over poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.