• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Brumbies' Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Brumbies are shit. Relative to personnel, the worst-ever S/10/12/14 team from Australia.

Source of the problem? "Incest", pure and simple. They staff themselves with former Brumby players. They refuse to learn from others. As long as the Brumbies insist that only they know how to play the game, they will be shit.

The longer the Brumbies' player power men insist they are right and everyone else is wrong, the longer they will fail and the longer they will slide down the slope.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
interesting theory Biffo. it is a sorry state of affairs as the Brumbies were for a long time the big innovators.

They do also have a few difficult injuries - such as more than half a backline, and one George Smith (hang on, I mentioned him already - it turns out his link play is the big thing they are missing, but seriously, he is a big loss).

I suspect that they have some of the same problems as Real Madrid do - too many 'stars' with possibly too much of the accompanying ego. Even if that is not the case, it s still a big job for the coach to draw the team together - a job he is not really doing.

W

Wazimba2K

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

How dare you write us off! You better take that back ASAP!

When Larkham switched from 15 to 10, he was an instantaneous success. But he was sorrounded by experienced players who played the regular season in their respective positions.

This is our first season as a team of champions. And while it may take us time to become a champion team, we can do it. We can still make the play-off's by the way. If we win against the Reds and Highlanders and the Crusaders and Stormers lose their next two games, we have a chance.

As mighty as we may be, we do have an injury plague that always seems to gloom and doom our season.

You are misguided. All hail Gits when he shines and screw him when he has a tough game. I blame Dingo for letting Mark Gerrard go! Our season would have been different I believe!

:nono :nono :nono

Cheer for the Reds next week if you want to but I will remain loyal while I wish the Reds all the best this season!

At the end, it takes a while for cohesion to begin.

I would love to lay you out but I bet that Scarf wearing S.O.B might censor me for life! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies are gone for the year. It's over Wazimba2K.

The Brumbies want to play quick wide rugby but rugby is turing into a slow moving game with too many scrum resets and ping-pong kicking.

They need to pass the player more to spread it round and get the quick play they want.

They have no backs coach, whoever their strength and conditioning coach is should be sacked.

clearly JON is out of his mind:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know its Growden but who is this?

In Brumbyland, the past few weeks have been extremely trying. There have been endless whispers that several players are not happy with the direction of the team, confidence has slumped in certain areas, and one well-known staff member in his final weeks with the province because of a recent messy off-field incident.

The other Australian provinces and many officials are well aware of the Brumbies' dramas, including the staff member's anticipated departure. As one high-placed source said yesterday: ''The Brumbies are far from happy campers.''

I'm guessing Finegan or Young?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Something nasty (really nasty from what i heard) happened with Justin Harrison. I don't know what it was.

could be either or any of them.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wazimba2K said:
All hail Gits when he shines and screw him when he has a tough game.

Gits gets screwed a lot because he shines rarely.

Wazimba2K said:
I blame Dingo for letting Mark Gerrard go! Our season would have been different I believe!

You can't blame Dingo for Mark Gerrard's short hamstrings.

Wazimba2K said:
At the end, it takes a while for cohesion to begin.

These are some of the highest paid players in Australia. Despite their injury woes, they can't string a couple of passes together to score tries. They look like the Tahs did last season. Except shit.

Wazimba2K said:
I would love to lay you out but I bet that Scarf wearing S.O.B might censor me for life!

And calling the primogenitor an SOB won't?

Personally, I think the Brumbies' problems are to do with coaching. The player power issue is part of that.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Brumbies are stuck in their own myth, they aren't the Larkham/Gregan/Mortlock show.

They do have a great pack and should play to it, not expect a bunch of kids to chuck it around.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
fatprop said:
The Brumbies are stuck in their own myth, they aren't the Larkham/Gregan/Mortlock show.

They do have a great pack and should play to it, not expect a bunch of kids to chuck it around.
Thought their tight 5 was non-existant.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Poorly coached, their game plan sucks & the general skill set of the Brumbies backs is poor they never throw a pass out in front of the runner.

Pat McCabe & AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) have bee really good this season but other than those two nobody has really stood up in the backline.

The forwards are very good the seem to spend a lot of time in the opposition 22 but without putting on the points.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
All I care about is that they continue their form next weekend then after the Reds beat them they can find some form so their Wallabies can build their confidence for the Tests.

T

tranquility

Painful to watch. They didn't seem to have any idea.

However AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Pat McCabe were supreme.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tom "The Little Engine That Could" Carter. Never seen him run that far/fast! Cue "Chariots of Fire" and another clip.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sully said:
fatprop said:

Thought their tight 5 was non-existant.

8 Stephen Hoiles (c),
7 Colby Fainga'a,
6 Rocky Elsom,
5 Mark Chisholm,
4 Mitchell Chapman,
3 Salesi Ma'afu,
2 Stephen Moore,
1 Ben Alexander.

Their pigs are/should be their current strength, especially when you add injured George Smith, even most of their tries have come from them.

Their backs are young and should have been playing second fiddle all season whilst they gain experience

I think the metaphor for the Brumbies malaise is playing Huia Edmonds (a seagull) off the bench whilst letting Nathan Charles (a proper direct tight forward (even his run was straight up the middle)) go off to the Force on loan.

S

Spook

I agree with most comments but I have to take this to task.

Biffo said:
The Brumbies are shit. Relative to personnel, the worst-ever S/10/12/14 team from Australia.

Yes they're shit but you have to admit the Tahs are equally shit as well. The Brumbies, despite being terrible, could and probably should have won that game with the disallowed try and 6 points gifted to the Tahs from the Holies incident and another poor Walsh decision at the ruck. Giteau also kicked poorly and the Tahs got lucky with Turner scoring (his opponent did his hammy)

The Tahs had more Wallabies out there than the Brumbies yesterday so maybe they are even more shit :eek:.

Mumm, Freir, Burgess, Waugh, Kepu, Turner, Barnes, Baxter, Mitchell.

Valentine, Chisolm, Holies, Elsom, Moore, Alexander, Gits, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Can you also explain the depature of Link from the Tahs? He was driven out by Waugh and co. Please post an article on player power at the Tahs in order to bring your argument to its conclusion :)

You are were also a staunch supporter of Andy Friend. Changed your tune?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I think Biffo was talking in general as opposed to last night.

Spook said:
Tahs got lucky with Turner scoring (his opponent did his hammy)

Or should you be saying that the Brumbies' management acted poorly by not getting Mafi off the field and the 'Tahs capitalised.

S

Spook

matty_k said:
I think Biffo was talking in general as opposed to last night.

Yes but his criticism is hardly balanced given the the amount of Wallabies at the Tahs in recent years, their lack of a trophy ever, and the ousting of Link. He also is a Walsh apologist.

Spook said:
Tahs got lucky with Turner scoring (his opponent did his hammy)

Or should you be saying that the Brumbies' management acted poorly by not getting Mafi off the field and the 'Tahs capitalised.

I think he did his hammy literally seconds before the kick by Barnes. Not sure though.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wonder whether Turner and / or Barnes spotted Mafi struggling and called the play. I admit this is ascribing a bit too much cleverness and creativity to the Tahs backs, so I'm not 100% sure about it! :lmao:

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
@cyclo I'd say yes.

@Spook I think it happened in the previous play but everything I have read hasn't been too clear on the time line.

Status
Not open for further replies.