• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Fallout from RWC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alama Ieremia has been appointed coach of Samoa. Now all they need is to get their governance sorted, followed by getting the auditors in to establish exactly where all the IRB money went.............

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Can't believe that the Poms are still talking about the Robshaw decision to go for the win instead of the draw against Wales. Seriously guys, get over it - no guarrantee that the penalty goal would have been kicked either. In the end the team weren't good enough and deserved to miss the quarters.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Can't believe that the Poms are still talking about the Robshaw decision to go for the win instead of the draw against Wales. Seriously guys, get over it - no guarrantee that the penalty goal would have been kicked either. In the end the team weren't good enough and deserved to miss the quarters.

Agreed. They were a rabble. Beaten in the scrum by us. Us!!!!'

All they had was a good back three, and good locks.

T

TOCC

Well all I know is that the England tour of Australia in 2016 will be an absolute blockbuster, Eddie Jones will have them prepared well, they will be filthy at all the ridicule they copped from Australian media, and the Wallabies have lost a few key players.

It will be the biggest inbound Test series in many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well all I know is that the England tour of Australia in 2016 will be an absolute blockbuster, Eddie Jones will have them prepared well, they will be filthy at all the ridicule they copped from Australian media, and the Wallabies have lost a few key players.

It will be the biggest inbound Test series in many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haven't they sent a "B" team the last few times?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Haven't they sent a "B" team the last few times?

Given the recent successes of their under 20s their B team might be pretty handy. One thing an Australian coach will inject into their set-up is a propensity to select players on potential. That will have huge ramifications for 2019.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Farrell's an interesting choice. One argument you'll hear is that he brings some of that intensity the side lost when O'Connell retired from Test rugby. And with Joe Schmidt at the helm, no one has to worry about Farrell sticking his nose into selection or imposing himself on the rest of the coaching staff -- Schmidt has that side of things locked down. Plus Farrell's contract extends beyond Schmidt's, so it may be a case of him being groomed for something else down the road.

And we get to see Farrell Super Rugby. get the likes of Sean O'Brien, CJ Stander and Iain Henderson up for smashing his own son. That's extra ticket sales right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.