• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The GAGR Ali Williams Hate Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeno

Killed in the face? That is heavy. But the last bit is spot on—you cannot get lower than on the ground.

As for Williams, he's got a bad case of the Bakkies. To his credit he was more visible than Thorn—another clod too busy playing tough guy to fit in some rugby.

dcjhanson

Frank Row (1)
I'll get the ball rolling by pointing out that the dickhead was almost 5m past the 10m line during the haka tonight, he did the same thing earlier in the tri-nations as well. How come he is able to regularly step over the 10m line, but when our womens team do it they get fined 10 grand by the IRB?

Kiwis welcome to contribute.

Yup, I'm a Kiwi and think he's a halfwit. Have always been gutted that the cartel have kept him in the loop as waterboy etc while injured.

Someone mentioned he should be fined 10k for the Haka breach, fair call, looks like a try hard everytime.

As for his niggly play, idiot, it's not even blatant and sadistic like Baakies(don't advocate Baakies play though) it just seems cowardly and arrogant.

Ali rant over. Well done Australia, well deserved and hopefully if we meet in the final it will be a great game to justify my $1500 tickets!

U

undercoverkiwi

Here I was thinking this place was pretty good, and then we get threads like this.

Looking forward to the "Brian O'Driscoll is a big poo-head and my dad is tougher than him" thread once the RWC gets started.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Here I was thinking this place was pretty good, and then we get threads like this.

Looking forward to the "Brian O'Driscoll is a big poo-head and my dad is tougher than him" thread once the RWC gets started.

If you read most of the posts, I think most others don't have much time for it either.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

I have nothing but respect for BOD. I also respect Ali Williams because he is a pretty damn good rugby player, but I don't respect many elements of his play which are not at all in the spirit of the game.

Do you not deny that he is a bit of dickhead on the field?

U

undercoverkiwi

I have nothing but respect for BOD. I also respect Ali Williams because he is a pretty damn good rugby player, but I don't respect many elements of his play which are not at all in the spirit of the game.

Do you not deny that he is a bit of dickhead on the field?

No, I don't deny that. But there are dozens of players like him, you have yours and we have ours. But I don't start "hate" threads.

W

Worldcupnut

I'm probably wrong ( I often am ) but when Ma'a Nonu was penalised for tackling McCabe without the ball he did so coming from an offside position as we were attacking the tryline. I thought that was an automatic yellow card?
I felt Barnes had a good game except for the fact that he fell asleep for that first 20mins of the 2nd half. When Barnes did finally ping Mealamu for an obvious infringement poor old Keven couldn't understand why he'd started policing that law now, and not 25 mins earlier. Still Barnes woke up in time for the clearly superior team ( on the night ) to win.
I hope he refs the final ( if we make it ) he's clearly the best of a shockingly inept lot. Maybe the reborn Kaplan would do a good job too. If it is Joubert or Rolland the poor Wallabies will find it extremely tough. Still they have the talent and the self belief, if any team can beat the Blecks at Eden Park it is them.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
No, I don't deny that. But there are dozens of players like him, you have yours and we have ours. But I don't start "hate" threads.

I dont think its a good idea to ruin even handed analysis threads with player bashing. But the player bashing itself in this case I think is somewhat justifiable.

U

undercoverkiwi

I dont think its a good idea to ruin even handed analysis threads with player bashing. But the player bashing itself in this case I think is somewhat justifiable.

Perhaps, but a hate thread is still a bit tawdry, IMO. And to me it seems pretty ironic to be bashing a guy because of a foot-trip and crossing the line during the haka when one of your own players knees a prone player in the head.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
heros and villains all add to the spectacle which makes games like the brisbane boil-over so good. all teams have players who make it easy for opposition supporters to hate them, and ali williams is quite good at this for the all blacks along with a few other partners in crime like ritchie for constantly cheating. richard loe was a classic villain, ask paul carozza. most of the south african side are pretty easy to hate with the most notable being bakkies and bismark.

while i would never condone foul play, cooper is doing a good job of being a hated aussie but i'd like to see more of this in forwards. opposition support should hate rocky and hopefully this will come as his form continues to improve. i'm sure the all black supporters had a fair bit of hate for vickerman and the way he was belting players at the breakdown. good work.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i think 'hate" often masks respect. Australia played a bit more grubby last night and it was fantastic to watch. I used to love Justin Harrison or owen finegin cuasing problems and i hate Ali williams for doing the same, only cause he plays for another team.

its rugby, good on him for having a go, and good for aus that he gives away penalties while doing it.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

there's probably a 'Quade Cooper hate thread' on one of the New Zealand forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.