• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Gagr Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I fail to see where I invoked Godwins law or why I'm being singled out for attention in this?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I answered a question. You may need to look up Godwin's law.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can we get Nick Farr Jones on the podcast to explain the state of state footy, and where Shute shield and Third Tier is going, the state of community rugby finances and initiatives to get maximum bang for the buck, while trying to promote and grow the game.

Or Ben Whitaker from ARU High Performance on High Performance Unit resturcturing and recent initiatives such as Junior Gold Cup, and repaving of the Pathway to Gold, 7's rugby developments, what is up with Under 19 games QLD vs NSW, and what is being done to turn around our Jnr RWC performances.

How about David Pocock - a year on the sidelines - What a professional athlete does when seconded to Team Rehab for a long term?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Adam Freier the PR supremo for the Rebels, is always good for a yarn.

I've been to a few functions that he has MC'd and he is a consummate professional. Before taking up his current role, his articles in the papers were always an entertaining read. Could be good value for a Podslam guest.

Topics:
Rebels Rugby resurgence and 2014 prospects.
Victorian Rugby development and expansion initiatives in Clubland and Schools.
Living in a Rugby wasteland mediawise.
Life after Club Wallaby - what assistance did ARU/RUPA/Super Franchises give for the eventual transition to "civilian" life, what could they do better.
The impact of the European and Japanese lead Club driven internationalisation of the game on the domestic game in Australia.
The Third Tier benefits as seen from Soup Level.
Establishing and Soup Academies in VIC and WA.
Precocious Gen Y Rockstar players - the best way to manage these.
Are Player Managers/Players Agents good for the game and players or are they just interested in maximising "What Is In It For Me"?
IRB 7's - Could Melbourne do it better?

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
This may seem a silly question, but over the last 2-3 months I have not been able to download the podcast onto my phone via soundcloud. I kinda like doing this so I can listen without the dropouts while on the tractor/header/sprayer, and it's getting frustrating. The download button seems to have disappeared. Is it that I'm using Chrome or the Soundcloud app doesn't have it in an easy place. Could someone please help me? Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Does anyone else find the music
From segment to segment is heaps louder then the talking? It almost blows my ears off so I turn it down and then have to turn back up when it's finished. Probably would be better if it was recorded in a studio all together. This is not practical though lol

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
This may seem a silly question, but over the last 2-3 months I have not been able to download the podcast onto my phone via soundcloud. I kinda like doing this so I can listen without the dropouts while on the tractor/header/sprayer, and it's getting frustrating. The download button seems to have disappeared. Is it that I'm using Chrome or the Soundcloud app doesn't have it in an easy place. Could someone please help me? Thanks!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Hmm - should work

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Does anyone else find the music
From segment to segment is heaps louder then the talking? It almost blows my ears off so I turn it down and then have to turn back up when it's finished. Probably would be better if it was recorded in a studio all together. This is not practical though lol

I hear you

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I listen to podcasts like JRE that have perfect sound but that costs money and he also has the benefit of having everyone together and not over the phone. Still love the podcast

Should be pretty easy to just adjust the volume on the opening segment. It's caught me off guards with the headphones in a few times!

Shows are still very good and it's still the only thing that can get me to do dishes and not hate every minute of it so thanks for that you guys.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
can someone provide the subscription link again?

I have been using the podbean link and it is now returning an error

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think I added it from the search area in beyond pod.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
I had a good look today, found it very quickly on Chrome browser on the laptop, bottom lefthand corner under the sonograph, all good. When I look for it with my mobile phone (Sony Xperia Z) using Chrome Browser, the download button is not there. However go down the bottom and turn off the mobile site and look what appears.

Sorry to have bothered you gents, however using the mobile site does (for some unknown reason) drop off the download button with the chrome browser and also the Mozilla browser (tried this with my tablet). Glad I've worked it out for myself, I guess I have to press a few more buttons in the future.

Keep up the good podcasts - one about the Ashes maybe? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.