• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
David, whilst having great thoughts needs to take up a career in politics but with that platform I doubt whether he would be successful in any Australian electorate.

PLEASE finish your rugby career first

plenty of seats in inner sydney and melbourne.

plus didnt canberra just have a crack at this type of arrangement?

;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I always thought Hooper would become a better player but you hesitate as its Pocock. Plus add Gill.. and its a good problem.. I alway rated Colby but his been so injured and looks like the rebels want him as a 6 or 8

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I also rate Colby, he finished strongly last year when Smith got injured. But rebels have 3 openside options.
Here a couple of awesome new clips on hooper 2013 and spring tour that have only recently been loaded.

T

TOCC

All players are very good at their position but they all have distinctly different attributes, if only we had the same dilemma in the rest of the team.

T

tranquility

Have been watching a bit of 2013 Reds on Youtube. No secret about Gill's pilfering game but his running game is very under rated. It's not a wide running game but from pick and drive and running in tight he always makes yards.

It has always been one of his real strengths. In schoolboy games it was farcical how many meters he made up the guts. He is also almost impossible to stop close to the line, given how low he gets. It probably has to do with how nimble he is, but he makes you wonder why other larger players can't make the ground that he does from the base of a ruck.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It will be great to have both battling and fit for the starting spot, but who will be the starter?

We will have a more definitive answer in about 12 weeks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Pocock any day of the week. Not a hard choice at all. People in Australian Rugby have short memories and love clinging onto the new next big hope. We did it to George Smith when Pocock hit the international scene.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Early days yet but great signs that Pocock is going to be pushing for a starting spot (along with Hooper) heading into the world cup. Whilst I've always been a big advocate of what Pocock brings to the national team, I think with the availability of two world class 7s, both with very different skill sets, Cheika has will have great variety in terms of balancing those players with the 6/8s available.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I used to think that Syndesmosis was the name of the Coalition Senator fellow that was called before ICAC to explain his connections with the Obeid family.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't understand people's worry the best number 7's play for a game was for oz by two different 7'... Poey and Smith... If both Hooper and Poey are firing and fit we have an awesome combo..

P.S Still take G.Smith..

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.