• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Can anyone tell me why, after 16 pages, I'm still reading this thread? After a fair amount of introspection I can't fucking figure it out. Utterly pointless. ;)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Could we maybe add a poll at the top.

Who should be Australia's starting number 7 at the world cup:-

a) Hooper - his running game makes poey look like he has no legs.
b) Pocock - he's like 5 Hoopers on defence.
c) Liam Gill - he's well rounded, but more importantly, he's from Queensland
d) Anyone else - options a) to c) all slept with my sister

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ You missed option e @BDA.

e) If d) is selected, please nominate which of the candidates your sister believes is more suited to the job.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)

This is the most constructive thing anyone has posted on this issue! And still we are no closer to a solution!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

To be fair, Gill's probably slipped down to 5th, maybe 6th in the pecking order............

And unless there's a couple of injuries, he won't be at the World Cup.

T

TOCC

To be fair, Gill's probably slipped down to 5th, maybe 6th in the pecking order....

And unless there's a couple of injuries, he won't be at the World Cup.

To be fair no one in QLD believes that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
To be fair, Gill's probably slipped down to 5th, maybe 6th in the pecking order....
Behind Hooper & Pocock, i still think Gill is up there. I think Hodgson had a blinder of a year. Would want to see that replicated before i went banking on him for another year. Would have Gill in a dogfight with Hodgson for the 3 spot. Think he is ahead of Fuglistaler and Colby as a 7.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Behind Hooper & Pocock, i still think Gill is up there. I think Hodgson had a blinder of a year. Would want to see that replicated before i went banking on him for another year. Would have Gill in a dogfight with Hodgson for the 3 spot. Think he is ahead of Fuglistaler and Colby as a 7.

After Pocock, Hooper and Hodgson I think McMahon and Butler are currently better options............

Obviously Gill can still play himself back into contention.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
McMahon isn't a 7 for me, he is a long term 6 i think and Butler just doesn't do it for me. He is solid without being great. I think Gill has more class moments than butler.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
A disclaimer to the above, i think Hooper and Pocock (old pocock) are such a class above, we will need one if not both firing to have any chance at the RWC, don't think any of our other prospective 7's are at that level, or to be honest anywhere near that level of impact on a game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McMahon doesn't have the size for a test 6..............

He could fill in there, but he's probably more of a 7/6 backup if he's going to make the squad.

As for Butler, I never thought I'd consider him but he's in great form.

T

TOCC

I don't see McMahon or Butler are 7's.... Sure they can play there but it's not suited to the strengths and weaknesses of their game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe we should rename this thread The Impending Pocock v Butler Battle for the Wallaby 7 Jersey.

Hooper seems lucky to still be in the top 3.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe we should rename this thread The Impending Pocock v Butler Battle for the Wallaby 7 Jersey.

I like it...............

But I think for it to have any legitimacy it should be The Impending Pocock v Butler v Doyle Battle for the Wallaby 7 Jersey, injuries permitting.........

That would make Hooper 4th, but I'm sure Tuggeranong Vikings also have one or two guys that might be smokies so we'll have to reevaluate after the John I Dent Cup concludes.

T

TOCC

Is this the new thing for Tahs fans, the self depreciating fan? I thought the Force fans had laid claim to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.