• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez to break down again. Must be because of the Brums S & C coaches

Hopers durability comes through again.

Round 1 - Poey by a whisker
Round 2 - Hooper by a mile

The battle continues

Don't get ahead of yourself. Players have the ability to play themselves out of contention with bad form too. Hooper might have a horrible game round 2 where he was better off not playing.

Unlikely, but could happen.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe we should retitle the thread to THE IMPENDING HOOPER V POCOCK V HODGSON V BUTLER V GILL V ALCOCK V MCMAHON V Fainga'a V ROBINSON DILEMMA?

That way we have all bases covered.....

I'm glad some-one finally mentioned Butler! ;)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The dual opensides tactic can only really be employed with a 6/2 bench, but even then we would give away too much in the lineout and size in open play for mobility - and mobility is the least of the Wallabies' problems.

I can't think of a tier 1 team where we could pull off having such a lightweight backrow in the latter part of the game except maybe against Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have noticed Hooper doing a lot of heavy defence work in the last two matches. Standing at 1 or 2 off breakdowns he didn't get to as first arrival (is that the "jackal" role?) and taking on the big boppers rumbling the ball up. It seems to be a new dimension to his game this season.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
LFG looking good. Not saying he will be first choice but he might be playing himself onto the tour if this keeps up. Can only see 2 opensides going to RWC so it may come down to injury.

T

TOCC

After Rd3:

Gill 1
Pocock 1
Hooper 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Liam Gill has been the best Aus 7 thus far.. expect it to change after this week however.
I think he will outplay Hooper, but they play a different game.

Gill will get his metres the hard way and Hooper will get his playing in the centres.

It is really hard to judge 7's against each other as they all offer so many different things. I guess I value turn over ball so would go with Gill and Pocock over Hooper. (note I have not checked stats but always feel Gill and Pocock tend to turn over more ball, especially on their own)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he will outplay Hooper, but they play a different game.

Gill will get his metres the hard way and Hooper will get his playing in the centres.

It is really hard to judge 7's against each other as they all offer so many different things. I guess I value turn over ball so would go with Gill and Pocock over Hooper. (note I have not checked stats but always feel Gill and Pocock tend to turn over more ball, especially on their own)

Hooper will probably flit between the centres and the wing and have no impact on the game whatsoever.

I bet he doesn't even make a tackle. o_O

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hooper will probably flit between the centres and the wing and have no impact on the game whatsoever.

I bet he doesn't even make a tackle.

About time a Tahs supporter saw the truth of the matter. Get on the Gill bandwagon BH, you just know Poey will be injured again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.