• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Butler is doing a great job, topping the tackle count over Hooper. Certainly not your tradition seven and I'd say he is most similar to McMahon. Kind of a 6/7 hybrid.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I tend to agree that space will be found for both in the 23. It does involve making compromises elsewhere but when fit and in form they are two of our best players in the whole team.

We've just got to find the team structure where having both of them is actually a bonus for how we can play a game over 80 minutes.

Hooper yes but that other bloke still needs to prove himself IMO

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dilemma???????? - Hooper, Hooper inspirational all the way. Try saving tackle and that chase and tackle late in the game just before the seagull try.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hooper easily - Pocock did nothing except once again hold the ball at a rolling maul attempting to get a try

Hoopers lead is unassailable

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Seriously Poey was pretty good when he was on, had a turn over and hit rucks and Link play was good. Hooper played awesome as well..

Sent from my D6503 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes but this comp seems to be scored on a head to head basis. You don't accumulate points for coming second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Forget Pocock, he was always going to struggle first game back.

The real disappointment was Butler. Was nowhere to be seen.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
On several occasions after the ref stopped play, Pocock would quietly offer a hand-up to a Tah player on the ground. Contrasted markedly to aggressive ref-baiting (White), shoulder-first charging at unprotected players in the ruck (Skelton) and stomping (Dunbar).

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
On several occasions after the ref stopped play, Pocock would quietly offer a hand-up to a Tah player on the ground. Contrasted markedly to aggressive ref-baiting (White), shoulder-first charging at unprotected players in the ruck (Skelton) and stomping (Dunbar).

What a nice chap.

Probably looking for a gig at the Tahs

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)

Its the way that Pocock carries himself not just as a rugby player, but as an individual, that make me believe that he has the qualities I want in a Wallabies captain. Based on the reports of homophobia coming out of the tahs game, pocock has once again showed his character by standing up for what he believes in. Whilst I wasn't on the field (and dont really know who said what) it worries me that Hooper's response to pocock was allegedly "that's rugby".

It's comments like that that make me believe there's probably a gulf of maturity between the two players

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Dunno, I thought maybe he meant Dargaville, but looking at Lilo's back makes me think he is talking a about a Tah.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Now I am not an Aussie but I feel that if Pocock can get some sort of form together and stay injury free (fingers crossed) then he is likely to get that Wallaby 7 jersey, and maybe even captain. He comes across as a great role model and a great guy, both on and off the field. Which isn't something that all players manage. Most national teams seem to have a few dicks these day, so more people like Pocock would be great to see in the sport.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Goodness me. It sounds like the bloke should be running for politics or the Office of Pope.

Lots of players probably think he is a dick, not the bloke sitting at the right of The Big Fella.

Poey WAS a terrific footballer. Will he be again, time will tell.

I want an edge to our players, plenty of physicality and mongrel, yet legal that wins us rugby games.

Hopers alleged response was perfect - once the game is over then everyone can be buddy buddy

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What a cracking game, that defensive effort from the Tahs from 60 - 70 minute closed out the game - effort turned into points.

Sound like using the words man up and play rugby may be inappropriate at the moment - we should be talking about the game, enjoyed the game, and being out there, good to see the supporters turn out for afternoon rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.