• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The impending Hooper vs Pocock Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Great game but let's not get carried away by his tries, they were team tries and his maul work up until this match was pretty shoddy, dropped a couple.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Great game but let's not get carried away by his tries, they were team tries and his maul work up until this match was pretty shoddy, dropped a couple.

ha. you're right. he shouldn't get any credit for his work in the line-out. I was hardly getting carried away with his tries. His stats show that he was just all round excellent. the best of field easily. the tries were just cherries on top.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
ha. you're right. he shouldn't get any credit for his work in the line-out. I was hardly getting carried away with his tries. His stats show that he was just all round excellent. the best of field easily. the tries were just cherries on top.

His tackling one on one was particularly strong. Saved at least a couple of potential tries to the Landers by my reckoning. Stopped the runners dead in their tracks. Impressive.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
yep. obviously he's most dominant in defence, but he's starting to show that he's pretty useful on attack too

nathan

Alfred Walker (16)
Lol @ all the Waratah's posters trying to water down that performance last night. Even if he hadn't scored 3 tries, he was huge over the ball, made a huge number of runs with metres and line breaks, was setting up players through holes and jumping at the back of the lineout.

The guy is going to be the starting 7 by the world cup, injuries permitting. Everyone knock on wood.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
THIS Waratahs poster will happily praise Pocock for his outstanding performance last night. We're bloody lucky to have four opensides of the quality we have in Oz ATM, any of 'em'd grace a gold jumper.

The "jazz hands thing" was an AUSLAN message to a deaf friend of Poey's from his Perth days. He explained it in his post-match interview.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I think Hooper is a bit of a knob and I have nothing but admiration for Pocock, but at this stage I'd like to have Hooper start and perhaps a Skelton-off, Fardy-into-lock, Pocock-into-blindside change at the 55 minute mark.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Very interesting stats:

Pocock: 2 Pilfers, 8 Forced Penalties (Best in Comp)
Hooper: 2 Pilfers, 1 Forced Penalty
Gill: 8 Pilfers (Best in Comp), 6 Forced Penalties( 2nd Best in Comp)

Gill and Pocock both get around 10 tackles per game with Gill missing 1.5 per game, and poey missing just .5 per game. Hoopers making 12 Tackles per game but missing 2.5 per game.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pocock was superb last night. Very early in the game he made an excellent run down the left wing, beating a couple and putting the Landers defence at 6s and 7s. That set the tone right away that he was going to have a big one. His attack and defence was top drawer.

There was a run he made in the 2nd half up the middle where he beat the first tackler and then he was tackled from behind, he fell awkwardly and I thought he had done his knee again. As a rugby fan, I'm genuinely glad to see him just get through 80 minutes without injury these days.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lol @ all the Waratah's posters trying to water down that performance last night. Even if he hadn't scored 3 tries, he was huge over the ball, made a huge number of runs with metres and line breaks, was setting up players through holes and jumping at the back of the lineout.

The guy is going to be the starting 7 by the world cup, injuries permitting. Everyone knock on wood.
No, not all are. Some are. Don't make stupid statements.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
yep. obviously he's most dominant in defence, but he's starting to show that he's pretty useful on attack too
Given the Brumbies' backline attack was a bit "meh", maybe put Pocock at 12 - the Brumbies' forwards were fantastic on attack - linking well, running into gaps, backing up the man.
I'm semi-serious. ;)
No, I'm not, but the forwards were bloody impressive, well, most of them.

Reactions: BDA

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
No, not all are. Some are. Don't make stupid statements.
Unfortunately the most vocal forum posters from Tah land can often make that statement seem relatively true. Give the guy a break;'that last statement from you wasn't called for. i thought you were better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.