• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The League Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What about that bulldogs player against the broncos on Friday night? He kicked one player in the face, then just out and out tripped another, and then head higher another and only got 10 in the bin.

It was like he was playing in the 70s.
And there'll be a thousand column inches printed somewhere as to why it was a heinous thing that a team was disadvantaged by being down a player for 10 mins and destroying the contest.
They all have the same chip installed both in their brains and on their shoulder.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Oh god.. He is at it again in his new column, this time he is attacking the Women's World Cup claiming the thuggery is worse then that of the NRL.

At least the ref DID send her off.

In league it would probably be 'oohh, think I'll pout you on report and let others decide as i am too gutless to do anyhing on the field'

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And there'll be a thousand column inches printed somewhere as to why it was a heinous thing that a team was disadvantaged by being down a player for 10 mins and destroying the contest.
They all have the same chip installed both in their brains and on their shoulder.

The NRL have this ridiculous mentality that send offs and sin bins can change the course of the game. Of course they can.

They don't seem to accept the fact that if you actually start using these facilities, players stop doing the things that result in them getting sin binned etc.

What is a ridiculous thing in the NRL is that a player can do something that injures their opposition player such that he can't continue the game and then get justifiably suspended for multiple weeks thus giving the teams they play in the upcoming weeks an advantage. Meanwhile in the current game, the only thing the team gets as compensation for losing a player to injury unfairly is a penalty.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Danny Weidler in today's SMH...........
You have no idea the hatred that has been building towards the mangos in crashy land of late.
I notice they are cancelling their under 20 comp too. fluffbunnies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's just absolutely ridiculous that he is still on the field to make the high tackle that resulted in the 10 in the bin.

After kicking someone in the face and then performing the most blatant trip I've ever seen, why was he still out there?

Surely those actions should be affecting the outcome of the game. The game isn't ruined by a player getting sent off. The game is ruined because a fucking grub kicked a player in the face and then performed an awful trip that was way beyond just sticking his leg out to trip someone over (which is still a terrible thing to do).

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Sad to say, the average mungo watcher probably enjoyed the whole saga.

He should be outed for a year or so.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If he gets 4 weeks I'll be surprised.

Kick in the face accidental.

Trip - 1 week.

High tackle - 2 weeks and he'll cop an extra week because he has carry over points.

It's amazing that out of all that the most likely thing he'll get suspended for is the high tackle.

I guess we'll wait and see.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I found it hilarious. Loved it when the ref sternly tells him 'you cannot lash out with your feet and kick someone in the face' (and put's him on report)

Whaddya mean he cannot do that? The frickin ref (same bloke that told him he could not do it) let's him stay on the field!

But those grubby union women eh?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
The thuggery at the Women’s rugby union World Cup in France. A South African girl was suspended for 16 weeks for eye gouging and a Samoan player sent off for a shocking spear tackle that was worse than anything you’ll see in the NRL.

They really should get it right.....its the Women's Rugby World Cup.....

I don't believe they would be referred to as the rugby union world cup anywhere....

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From Fanny Weilder today:
The Waratahs’ transformation from basket case to champions has been a story to rejoice in – but as for getting some bang from their buck when it comes to exposing their sponsors in the media, they have dropped the ball. For two days after winning the championship, the Waratahs didn’t provide a media event to talk to the heroes of the victory. No wonder the code is struggling financially.
2days after their victory. Fanny, we were letting them celebrate the victory. I'm pretty sure Volvo, Magners etc got their money's worth this year.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They were probably waiting for everyone (especially the fans) to sober up before having a media event. Makes sense to me.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I see Danny's point. Should have had the boys drink a magnum of cider each, then piss on a Volvo before kicking each other in the face and winding up proceedings by gang raping a couple of passers-by.

Media questions allowed throughout.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I see Danny's point. Should have had the boys drink a magnum of cider each, then piss on a Volvo before kicking each other in the face and winding up proceedings by gang raping a couple of passers-by.

Media questions allowed throughout.
Surely someone taking a dump in the trophy could have been squeezed in?

T

TOCC

Whats the expression about a picture painting words?
From the Rabbitohs vs Manly game on the weekend...
769025-7d29bf8e-204b-11e4-bee2-80d82dcd29df.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
League isn't my cup of tea but the effort some rugby fans go to dumping on the other code just blows the mind.

T

TOCC

Ruggo, the point of highlighting that picture was due to the fact that less then 24hours prior to that 'eye gouging' incident taking place Phil Rothfield was taking aim at the Womens Rugby World Cup for eye gouging and a dangerous tackle, claiming that it was a 'sin' and "worse than anything you’ll see in the NRL".

I've said it before and il say it again, I'm a big Rabbitohs supporter and i watch plenty of NRL game.. But these pathetic attacks by rugby league journalists against rugby union just piss me right off. Everyone knows all the codes are trying to clean up their own image, there is no reason for a paid journalists to take aim at another code purely to deflect attention from the NRL.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's the Mungo way of life,they have to have an enemy.
Look at the recent Farrar imbroglio
He thought he was at war with the coach,when he realised he wasn't. He went to war with the CEO.
No doubt that will get sorted and he will find another feud to fill in the void in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.