• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Heading down-to watch the Two Blues play in the Kiama sevens this weekend.

Ive checked the weather forecast . No mini cyclones forecast this year.

Was a good day last year , bloody wet but enjoyable,

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heading down-to watch the Two Blues play in the Kiama sevens this weekend.

Ive checked the weather forecast . No mini cyclones forecast this year.

Was a good day last year , bloody wet but enjoyable,

Same Wazza, looking forward to watching some entertaining footy. Go the Two Blues!

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No unfortunately - got a good report from the eldest son on the day. He really enjoyed playing Manly:D. He said that Maille was the best on the day and the speed of Alex Northam blew most people away

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Peter Thompson recently interviewed legendary Two Blues coach Paul Dalton who guided Parramatta to back to back Grand Final victories in 1985 and 86. The first episode is now available on the Two Blues website.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Trial game dates are on the Two Blues web site.

Reminded Mrs Wazza that club rugby season is approaching and I will be unavailable on Saturdays as watching Parra until 16th August(Thinking Positive)

I was told I am not to neglect her during the rugby season.

I promised to take her out to for lunch and to see something enjoyable

A Two Blues Burger while watching 1st grade..... I might be up for husband of the year :p

Bring on season 2014

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
A Two Blues Burger while watching 1st grade... I might be up for husband of the year :p
You're a shoo-in Wazza, you're raising the bar for the rest of us ; I don't buy She Who Must Be Obeyed a Two Blues Burger every game. If you're coming to the Sportsmans Lunch on March 14 I'd appreciate it if you don't mention this to my better half.

Season 2014 can't start early enough for me. I'm primed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>
A Two Blues Burger while watching 1st grade... I might be up for husband of the year :p

Bring on season 2014

You're a shoo-in Wazza, you're raising the bar for the rest of us ; I don't buy She Who Must Be Obeyed a Two Blues Burger every game. If you're coming to the Sportsmans Lunch on March 14 I'd appreciate it if you don't mention this to my better half.

Season 2014 can't start early enough for me. I'm primed.

Pretty sure that @wazza was only suggesting that Mrs Wazza2013 would get one Two Blues Burger for the season, not every home game.

The bar may have been lifted but not to Olympic Games Podium status.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The second episode of Thommo's interview with Paul Dalton is now available on the Two Blues website.

Peter Thompson and Paul Dalton discuss Paul's views on the best Parramatta players during Paul's coaching tenure, including the mercurial Brad Selby, Andrew Leeds, Gregg "Tiny" Melrose, Neil Catt, Mick Carter, Lance "Butch' Walker and Two Blues characters such as Denis "Muncher" Garlick. Paul also discusses his time as coach of the NSW Waratahs and gives us an insight into the controversy surrounding the replacement of then captain Simon Poidevin with the up and coming Nick Farr Jones. Now retired, Paul trains and breeds greyhounds with success.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
In the spirit of @Wazza2013 splashing out on Two Blues burgers, I have purchased She Who Must Be Obeyed a season membership for the Mighty Two Blues. Entry to all home games and a supporters scarf for only $60. And voting rights of course. A bargain. I'll tell her it's worth $150 (9 home games @ $15 plus a scarf).

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow, what a great day at Merrylands RSL Club, and what a great venue!

Alan Jones is a great speaker (Alan was working without notes - I did not hear him say umm or aah once in a wide ranging talk that must have gone close to 40 minutes; I saw him talk to some of our Women players and not just talk to them, but converse with them. I may have to re-evaluate my personal opinion of Alan!).

Nick Farr Jones spoke well and with some brutal honesty addressed one of our failings, and of course Parramatta's favourite son, Two Blue Legend and Wallaby Eric Tweedale, the oldest living Wallaby, charmed everyone with his reminiscences. (I don't know if you have had the chance to hear Eric speak but if you are offered the chance, take it, you won't regret it!)

All speakers had pertinent points for all Two Blues to digest (some of which may have been less than easy to digest for some of us present). I for one was very appreciative of their honesty. We are a club on the way back, not a club that is already there. We can learn from those who who been in tough times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom